Solved

AMD Ryzen 1800x bottlenecking gtx 1060 6GB aorus x+?

hello all people,

my gtx 970 recently died out and want a very similar or better card for a good price and i found the gtx 1060 6GB Aorus X+ made by gigabyte and my processor has started failing on me and sometimes when i boot up my computer it just f*cks up and gives me a CPU error and i was thinking about going for an amd ryzen 1800x and a gtx 1060 6GB Aorus X+ or a gtx 1070 if that goes on sale any time soon.

the rig im planning to upgrade to: https://www.inet.se/kundvagn/visa/10394174/

games i have: http://steamcommunity.com/id/CoreTubezWishez/games/?tab=all

games i'm planning to buy: Dark Souls III and Outlast 2

got any better suggestions? feel free too tell me :)

Sincerely

Felix Nilsson
Reply to GDAlpha
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about amd ryzen 1800x bottlenecking gtx 1060 6gb aorus
  1. Is this used for gaming or are there other workstation tasks being needed.

If its a gaming pc a ryzen 1700(x) and a 1070 would be a more balanced system for the same price and would give better results when gaming.
    Reply to jackspeed
  2. jackspeed said:
    Is this used for gaming or are there other workstation tasks being needed.

If its a gaming pc a ryzen 1700(x) and a 1070 would be a more balanced system for the same price and would give better results when gaming.

Alright Thank you! If it Would be a workstation i Would go for a i3 or pentium but i never Said you only have to so AMD, do intel if it has any processors with better performance and/or price
    Reply to GDAlpha
  3. Best answer
    I would honestly look at going to a r7 1700 and a 1080. Best bang for your buck for price. I run my 1700 at 3.7 on all cores at stock voltages. With my rx 480 i get above 60 fps or more in every game I have at 1080p.

That setup is the best bang for your buck that you can have out there if you are going to be doing any video editing, gaming, streaming, audio editing or anything like that.
    Reply to drinkingcola86
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Gtx Bottleneck AMD