CHKDSK stuck 97% with ETA stuck at 7 seconds

So last night, I tried recording a games and then suddenly it freeze don't know why.. but i can still open other programs like chrome and task manager but i can't see them because the display is stuck at the frozen screen but you can see the task bar so i decided to restart the computer..

After the restart i found out that my folder which i use to store the recorded gameplay is corrupted so i tried finding solution online which then tells me to run chkdsk /f d: (yes the corrupted file is in d drive) my HDD is WD blue 4 TB with almost 1 TB filled up and it is fairly new because i just bought it not even a month ago

I read that chkdsk could take a long time, so I let my computer run for maybe 7 hours but the screen is still stuck at that and I don't know if it is running correctly or not.

While chkdsk running, my HDD makes like almost a clock ticking sound and the HDD LED sometimes go on for a long time and sometimes it just stay off

At this point I don't really care about the corrupted files, all i care is getting the drive back usable so i can do my work. Should I just power restart? or should I wait again?

All kinds of help are appreciated THANKS!
Reply to TheBestBanana
3 answers Last reply
More about chkdsk stuck eta stuck seconds
  1. hard disk has surface errors possibly, backup what you can and use the warranty on the drive
    Reply to atljsf
  2. How do i back it up? I can't even access the drive it says "D:\ is not accessible access is denied"

So The only solution is to return the drive and get the new one?
    Reply to TheBestBanana
  3. that or practice shooting at it, trowing it against something you want to break

you know, release stress produced by its early death
    Reply to atljsf
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Hard Drives Task Manager windows 10 Games Chkdsk Western Digital Command Prompt