[DISCUSSION] How far have you overclocked your 6700K?

:welcome:

I just bought a 6700k, and I plan on overclocking it. For all 6700k owners, how far have you been able to get yours? Thanks!

:benetton:
Reply to RektSkrubz
10 answers Last reply
More about discussion overclocked 6700k
  1. Have you looked at this? You'd have to sort the data though as its mixed with other skylake CPUs

http://www.overclock.net/t/1570313/skylake-overclocking-guide-with-statistics
    Reply to Tamaskan
  2. My Friend bought a 6700k a lil over a year ago, and I helped him overclock it all the way to 4.8 Ghz stable at 1.375 volts with an H100i GTX cooler.

damn that's fast
    Reply to tanckattb
  3. I have OCed mine to 5 ghz at 1.43 or so... I tried to take I take it to 5.2 but could never get anything stable... It would crash when I tried to run any benchmarks if it even made it to boot at all... :)

5 ghz was stable all day long, but I didn't like the high voltage so I lower it to 4.8 and then 4.6 just because I could lower the voltage really low and get some really nice temps... The performance difference was almost nothing between 4.6 and 4.8 and the temps were about 10 degrees lower with the low voltage...

Adam
    Reply to adamscurr
  4. I stay at 4.7Ghz 1.33V for 24/7 usage, mine only get stable 4.8Ghz at 1.39V which is too much jump for my taste.
    Reply to BigBoomBoom
  5. (Fractal Kelvin s36, 360mm Rad, Push only) I tried 4.8 Ghz with 1.4 volts increasing all the way to 1.5 just to see if it will be stable, ever. It only maxes out at 4.76 Ghz and crashes a couple of minutes into stress testing. Temps averaged at 74 C full load; although, I did get a max of 81 C. However, @ 4.7 Ghz and 1.38 volts everything is fine and temps average at 70, and maxing out at 76. I guess I lost the lottery. Hope this helps :)
    Reply to Enthusiast734
  6. Enthusiast: I wouldn't say you lost the lottery... 4.7 is very respectable... I think 4.6 is what people are getting on average so I'd say you are doing alright... :)
    Reply to adamscurr
  7. 5GHZ :) Go hard or go home. But not everyone will have bulls to run it on 1.480V.
    I personally use 4.9 for 24/7 at 1.420V, but have profile for 5GHZ that is ready to launch anytime, rock stable btw.
    Reply to Makentox
  8. Makentox said:
    But not everyone will have bulls to run it

I have cows. Can I still overclock, or do I really need to own bulls to do so?
    Reply to RektSkrubz
  9. RektSkrubz said:
    Makentox said:
    But not everyone will have bulls to run it

I have cows. Can I still overclock, or do I really need to own bulls to do so?

:D preferably bulls but cows will work too.
    Reply to Makentox
  10. Thanks! [BEST ANSWER SELECTED AS Makentox BY Pickelhaube]
    Reply to RektSkrubz
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Overclocking Intel i7 Intel Intel i5 Moms AMD CPUs Motherboards GPUs