Tom's Hardware Steam Giveaway - Bayonetta

General Info on How To Enter
Reply to _Johnny5
39 answers Last reply
More about tom hardware steam giveaway bayonetta
  1. Ciri w/ dat Elder Blood
    Reply to Classact2002
  2. tough question, I have 2 options:
    1st Aya Brea (Parasite Eve) though she changes her personality on the part 2 of the video game, she really kicks mitochondrial asses all the way through manhattan...
    2nd The Boss (MGS: Snake Eater) Big Boss' menthor and co-creator of the CQC... does anyone need a resume?

so, i would go for... option 2, The Boss... her story, her dying for her country in spite of being labeled a traitor, and moreover, to have trained Jack AKA Big Boss, she is for me, the most badass woman of the videogames...
    Reply to UltimateLord
  3. The baddest femme fatale is a hard call. I would say it falles between Bayonetta(Hellena Taylor) or Lara Croft(Yūko Kaida).
    Reply to elbert
  4. Samus would be one, I think, but also Chun-Li!
    Reply to acabrino
  5. I love Chun-Li! Old school! :D
    Reply to omegadoom13
  6. It has to be Bayonetta
    Reply to jjim26
  7. Bloody Mary from The Wolf Among US if I may suggest.
    Reply to OneFai
  8. BloodRayne
    Reply to kennishor
  9. Definitely Lara Croft.
    Reply to Fortirun
  10. You want badass female characters, big boss metal gear solid 3 pretty much hands down, but femme fatale is quite a bit harder... I would have to go ada from resident evil... can't really think of more than that and the few I can think of are spoilers.

as a side note, would love a copy of bayonetta, especially because the only other version I have is the ps3 version and couldn't really get into it because of the issues that console had with the game.
    Reply to alidan
  11. I'm going to take it back a little bit and say sorceress Edea from final fantasy 8.
    Reply to Kunra Zether
  12. A femme fatale (/ˌfæm fəˈtɑːl/ or /ˌfɛm fəˈtɑːl/; French: [fam fatal]) is a stock character of a mysterious and seductive woman whose charms ensnare her lovers, often leading them into compromising, dangerous, and deadly situations. She is an archetype of literature and art. Her ability to entrance and hypnotise her victim with a spell was in the earliest stories seen as being literally supernatural; hence, the femme fatale today is still often described as having a power akin to an enchantress, seductress, vampire, witch, or demon, having power over men.

Just to give y'all a little help on what a femme fatale is.
    Reply to Kunra Zether
  13. For the seductive side - Ada from Resident Evil
    Reply to Ravenwingsts
  14. chun lee from street fighter!
    Reply to superninja12
  15. Lara Croft
    Reply to Trafalgar747
  16. Rayne from Bloodrayne
    Reply to chimera201
  17. It has to be Bayonetta, the witch herself. Cmon, why else would there be a giveaway based off her game? :O
    Reply to MeesterYellow
  18. an attractive and seductive woman, especially one who will ultimately cause distress to a man who becomes involved with her.

Euhm . . . .
    Gee . . .

Citra - Far Cry 3?

This has to be one of the most over-used tropes in the industry, yet I'm having a hard time coming up with female characters that are actually sneaky and plotty rather than just big boobed or scantily clad leaders of some criminal organization whose deceit you can smell coming a mile away.
    Reply to Maarsch
  19. Morrigan from Dragon Age: Origins. I mean c'mon, she epitomizes the term "femme fatale" in almost every way.
    Reply to Jeff Kaos
  20. Sniper Wolf. She was never wanting to be in that situation and she got though it almost. Plus Otacon loved her, so she had that going for her too.
    Reply to Dom_79
  21. loved BATWOMAN with its seductive movements in batman movies
    Reply to GreatMaster
  22. Probably Bayonetta, but Fang (FF13) comes close in the badass part.
    Reply to Shinji10TH
  23. Samus has got to be the top
    Reply to JohnBonhamsGhost
  24. Sonya Blade from mortal kombat. liked her moves and animations...
    Reply to vitius
  25. Lara Croft, Faith Connors, Chell
    Reply to z00rox
  26. yeah, definitively Lara Croft. liked very much here movies and video games.
    video games and movie were full of lots of mystery and intrigue
    Reply to giogi
  27. I'm old-school, so either Samus Aran or Lara Croft.
    Reply to glez13
  28. Does Lara Croft really count as a femme fatale?

In any case, the two best that come to mind for me are Catwoman and Chloe Frazer (Uncharted series). Badasses.
    Reply to jsgrant31
  29. Quit in Metal Gear Solid Phantom Pain
    Reply to Lakken
  30. As others have pointed out, the femme fatale definition is quite hard to fill, even the badass women are a rarity. From the little I've seen, Bayonetta definitely fits that description. :)

But if I'm going with a character from a game I've played, I'm going to go with Gorgo, Queen of Sparta, from Civ VI; you know she doesn't mess around when she throws down her spear and belittles you for not warring enough: "Are you such a coward, to avoid bloodshed? To yield so easily? Where is your honor? "
    Reply to kireato
  31. Tifa Lockhart, no competition here.
    Reply to ZeroRequiem
  32. Lara croft for sure!
    Reply to brucewithatemper
  33. brucewithatemper said:
    Lara croft for sure!

It already ended.
    Reply to MeesterYellow
  34. So erm the giveaway ended almost 3 weeks ago, who won? :O Im curious; on the other hand I hope Johnny is safe and sound and he just forgot about this giveaway.
    Reply to ZeroRequiem
  35. ZeroRequiem said:
    So erm the giveaway ended almost 3 weeks ago, who won? :O Im curious; on the other hand I hope Johnny is safe and sound and he just forgot about this giveaway.

They don't always post the winners ;-)

Also Johnny5 is fine, he has posted another giveaway (not many people entering).

You'll notice around the middle of April to the end of May there is a "little less traffic" from many of the more regular users and a number of forum moderators. It's the time for finals at college and universities :lol:
    Reply to Dom_79
  36. Glad to hear he is okay I was seriously worried he got sick or something!
    Reply to ZeroRequiem
  37. Hi, who were the winners?
    Reply to UltimateLord
  38. Sorry for the delay everyone! I'm back and I promise some great Steam Giveaways for the upcoming summer season. Let's give a round of applause to our winners for the Bayonetta Giveaway, jsgrant31 & acabrino. I've sent you both a PM so check your inboxes.

You can expect a very fast and furious Steam Giveaway starting this Friday. Stay tuned!
    Reply to _Johnny5
  39. Thanks for the game! Awesome!
    Reply to jsgrant31
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Tom's Hardware Steam