No signal to monitor

I know this is a common question here. But as you can tell I have no signal going to my monitor at all from the moment I press the power button despite all fans running etc.
I have read through of the article on here and tried everything. I have looked through various forums and threads and tried what they suggested. Unfortunately I have had no luck.
Things I have tried include checking for faulty RAM, changing wires, changing monitors, Erased RTC RAM, Tried a different power supply, Tried a different GPU, and the list goes on. You people are my last hope to get it working.
Reply to Jiminie
3 answers Last reply
More about signal monitor
  1. Could be a short, did you check for unused standoffs touching the bottom of the mobo? I usually try to boot new PC's outside of the case before building in the case, to make sure it POSTs before i waste my time and to assure I have no shorts. I see that you said you looked through articles, did you check the the toms hardware no POST checklist? Pretty much everything I could tell to help in diagnosing a computer that wont post is in that checklist. If nothing in that list works you could have a defective part, most likely a mobo.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems
    Reply to Dunlop0078
  2. if it an old mb make sure the cmos battery is good. i seen some mb not post without a good battery. spend a few bucks pick up a post it card see if the mb is posting.
    Reply to smorizio
  3. Dunlop0078 said:
    Could be a short, did you check for unused standoffs touching the bottom of the mobo? I usually try to boot new PC's outside of the case before building in the case, to make sure it POSTs before i waste my time and to assure I have no shorts. I see that you said you looked through articles, did you check the the toms hardware no POST checklist? Pretty much everything I could tell to help in diagnosing a computer that wont post is in that checklist. If nothing in that list works you could have a defective part, most likely a mobo.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

The only thing I didn't check on that list is the standoffs underneath the mobo. Also my mobo is brand new and only arrived yesterday so I don't think that's the problem.
    UPDATE: I checked the standoffs and they are all there and fine
    Reply to Jiminie
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

RAM Monitors