Solved

BSOD on New Build i7 7700k EVGA GX 1080 (Baffled and in need of help)

Hello everyone,

I am new to forums but I have been endlessly trying to solve a problem for the last couple weeks alone and realised I need forum help. :) If there is a better place for me to post something like this please let me know. I could really use some expertise. Thanks!

I've been having a lot of BSOD since building this new machine (specs to follow) At first i suspected the ram but after an 8 pass memtest86, no errors resulted... But these BSODS are killing me, driving me mad, I say. :(

BUILD SPECS:

ASUS MAXIMUMS HERO IX
Intel i7 7700k 4.2 ghz (set on turbo to 4.5 ghz)
Corsair AX860 power supply
Corsair H80i V2 AIO cooler
Corsair 32 GB RAM 3000mhz XMP (compatible with QVL list for MOBO)
Video card is EVGA GTX 1080 TURBO FTW 8gb
Crucial 1050gb ssd for boot
Crucial 750gb ssd for working files and multimedia projects
Two WD black drives for bulk storage.

Little backstory, everything set up pretty nicely but within a day or two i started noticing a trend of BSOD. The first one or two I thought were just random chance but a pattern started to develop that I cannot quite figure out.

That said, I get crashes like clockwork, at least once or twice a day, usually several hours apart. Longest run was 24 hours, never more. Whether I am idle or under heavy game load.

I'm going to paste some mini dumps below in case anyone sees an obvious trend.

For awhile I started to suspect the GPU. I have spoken to EVGA and we are still trying to figure out if it is a fudged GPU or a video driver related issue or a corrupt windows installation due to an issue unrelated to the gpu.

So the main concern was that RAM was suspect but after the tests I find that hard to believe. I then suspected video drivers because the one common thing between all tasks, idle or load was that the display is connected.. I also noticed more crashes in games then anywhere else. But none the less, daily crashes when idle or when I am away in the kitchen kept happening.

The temperatures seem acceptable as well: CPU = 35-40 idle and 65-75 under load.

Don't know enough about voltage however so if you want that info from me, please let me know.

When I was suspecting the CPU giving me problems, I also tried playing with my windows power settings, running CPU with turbo off and RAM at default non XMP profile. No avail. I've tried reinstalling some drivers and a slew of other things. EVGA support mentioned that Precision Xoc could be a culprit but I am not so sure, I only installed it to turn off the LEDs on the card, no gpu tweaks otherwise and I don't run it on startup.

I have since tried updating to windows creators to see if that would jostle it.. I really don't want to have to reinstall windows again and all my apps if I don't have to. But I am prepared that may have to happen eventually. Anyways I am waiting to see if the BSOD continues with the new update.. but it is very annoying waiting upwards of 5-24 hours each time to see if a tweak has made a difference. I also don't know if I should just let it stay idle and wait or continue to use it despite the risk of lost data on things I am doing.

With all that said, can someone help out and take a look and tell me if I have a GPU issue, general hardware, general driver or general windows issue? I don't want to start blaming random hardware and doing needless RMA's with every vendor. It all seemed so easy at first. I thought the build would be the hard part but in the end dealing with windows has been the main struggle, I think..

Here are some of the last few crashes:

On Wed 2017-04-12 3:46:30 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntfs.sys (NTFS+0xAEF1C)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFF9E23DE7F41B0, 0x0, 0xFFFFF801CB70EF1C, 0x2)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ntfs.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT File System Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 2017-04-12 12:14:28
AM your computer crashed
crash dump file:
C:\Windows\Minidump\041217-5843-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the
following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14E7C0)
Bugcheck code: 0x4E
(0x99, 0x3D8950, 0x2, 0x800023000234451)
Error: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
file path:
C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
description: NT Kernel &
System
Bug check description: This indicates that the page frame number (PFN)
list is corrupted.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is
not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory
corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in
buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in
the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that
cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 2017-04-12 12:14:28 AM your computer
crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably
caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code:
0x4E (0x99, 0x3D8950, 0x2, 0x800023000234451)
Error: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
Bug check description: This
indicates that the page frame number (PFN) list is corrupted.
This appears to
be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware
problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption
happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM
modules.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem
is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On
Mon 2017-04-10 7:24:22 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file:
C:\Windows\Minidump\041017-7968-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xA
(0x34, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8014BEA6229)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path:
System
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a
kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This
appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a
hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this
problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On
Sun 2017-04-09 6:10:22 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file:
C:\Windows\Minidump\040917-8703-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1A
(0x41201, 0xFFFF800000386200, 0x7B2000F35A67F005, 0xFFFFC387E7245100)
Error:
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
file path:
System
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management
error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory
corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of
faulty RAM modules. This problem might also be caused because of overheating
(thermal issue).
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly
this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On
Sun 2017-04-09 5:15:15 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file:
C:\Windows\Minidump\040917-8546-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1A
(0x61941, 0x7FFDE2E42158, 0xD, 0xFFFFB3805393DA80)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
file path:
System
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management
error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory
corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of
faulty RAM modules. This problem might also be caused because of overheating
(thermal issue).
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly
this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.
Reply to earwigisbent
56 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about bsod build 7700k evga 1080 baffled
  1. Memory isn't just ram. It also includes your drives as well.
    Memory management as such can be ram, hdd or drivers
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA + NTFS.sys makes me think this is a hard drive error
    PFN_LIST_CORRUPT is also the page file, which lives on your ssd I assume

only one that isn't specifically a drive is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL whihc is usually a driver error but can also be caused by corrupted data

all files actually mentioned are Windows files which doesn't help me solve it

check you have latest CHipset and SATA drivers for the motherboard.

Can you copy the minidumps that are in c/windows/minidump into your documents folder and then, upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

Dump files will show more than who crashed can.
    Reply to Colif
  2. Thanks for your reply!

I'm uploading the minidump files via drop box: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v7x1ggazn13ypr8/Minidumps.zip?dl=0

So a few thoughts come up with what you mention. I probably should have mentioned those things as well.

1)I did notice after a the many BSODs that i had not installed my proper chipset drivers. Was using default microsoft stuff. Installed those from MOBO website and then still saw no change in the issue.
    2) I eventually also noticed that my SATA drivers were still microsoft default, updated those using the intel rapid storage drivers listed on my motherboards website. No result as well.
    3) at one point in my hunt, I had considered a corrupted page file too and proceeded with rebuilding it, no result.
    4)I had also received the suggestion to check my ssd firmware and sure enough, it was out of date. I updated the drive(s) as per Crucial's firmware update tool. But still no change.

With all that said, do you think I should consider some of the following?
    1)rebuild the page file yet again, now that I have done all those other things which had not been done prior to rebuilding page file the first time around.
    2) run an extended chkdsk /r from the command prompt on my boot SSD? I only did the windows one which quickly passed no errors on all installed drives.
    3) reinstall windows clean, do all the updates and then install all the drivers, starting with the chipset this time around.

Let me know if there is anything else I can provide to people here that could help the cause. My main goal is to rule out hardware fault. I dread the idea of having to go back into the box and start removing parts, opening RMA tickets with suppliers, etc.:)

Colif said:
    Memory isn't just ram. It also includes your drives as well.
    Memory management as such can be ram, hdd or drivers
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA + NTFS.sys makes me think this is a hard drive error
    PFN_LIST_CORRUPT is also the page file, which lives on your ssd I assume

only one that isn't specifically a drive is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL whihc is usually a driver error but can also be caused by corrupted data

all files actually mentioned are Windows files which doesn't help me solve it

check you have latest CHipset and SATA drivers for the motherboard.

Can you copy the minidumps that are in c/windows/minidump into your documents folder and then, upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

Dump files will show more than who crashed can.
    Reply to earwigisbent
  3. I can't read the dumps but I would wait until someone else does before reinstalling windows. We shoud be able to work this out without starting again.

I would start with number 2 for now.
    Reply to Colif
  4. Thanks for following up!

I'll run the chkdsk /r cmd on the boot drive for now and wait for someone to ring in on the dump files I shared.

You don't think it may be worth it to try and rebuild the pagefile now that I do have proper sata drivers installed?

Colif said:
    I can't read the dumps but I would wait until someone else does before reinstalling windows. We shoud be able to work this out without starting again.

I would start with number 2 for now.
    Reply to earwigisbent
  5. Page file - its worth a try. I have never had to do it myself.

I think problem is drivers and not the drives themselves.
    Reply to Colif
  6. Ok I'll start with the chkdk for now still. Don't want to try too many things at once without testing for those BSOD crashes as they are quite long to wait for. :(

Though I recently noticed that corsairlink4 is marked as stopped working several times in "View reliability history". No specific correlation to crash times though. Wonder if it is still connected to the issue somehow.

Curious, is there a way to read the dumps myself? Or does it require a special app and expert knowledge? I have a long weekend ahead and would like to make some progress on this issue but don't know how frequently people ring in on these kind of threads.

Thanks again for your input!

Colif said:
    Page file - its worth a try. I have never had to do it myself.

I think problem is drivers and not the drives themselves.
    Reply to earwigisbent
  7. You can look here to read dump files: MS INstructions

its likely someone might look at this in next few days, there are a few around who can read them.
    Reply to Colif
  8. Yes I will remain patient :) Adding as many details as they come for whomever may see this thread.

I've only received one BSOD since installing Windows creators update and it is a different one this time:

On Thu 2017-04-13 4:30:36 PM your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\041317-5640-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x16BF70)
    Bugcheck code: 0xF7 (0x15F7FB14C06F, 0x15A7FB14C06F, 0xFFFFEA5804EB3F90, 0x0)
    Error: DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that a driver has overrun a stack-based buffer.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

A few threads online suggest this error may be related to malware? Did a malwarebytes scan and found this:

Potentially unwanted program PUP Optional Tenorshare.... it is located in my chrome/user data/default.local storage folder. strange

Hoping someone comes around and checks out these dump files. I'm cruising on 20+ hours no crashing though (but I have had that before) but it's hard to sit back and relax knowing one if likely to occur at any time.

Gonna run that chkdsk next chance I get when I am not using the machine. Curious to see if I can get this running for 48+ hours.

Considering the variety of errors, I wonder if I should turn some suspicion to the mother board.

Colif said:
    You can look here to read dump files: MS INstructions

its likely someone might look at this in next few days, there are a few around who can read them.
    Reply to earwigisbent
  9. Had a few more BSOD after trying several remedies. Getting hard to keep track of exactly every change but here is a link to the newest minidumps for whoever can read them:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ys7go94jz8cullc/Minidumps%20windows%20creators.zip?dl=0

Interesting thing is this time around, whocrashed is now sourcing Nvidia drivers as the likely issue. Can't tell for sure without looking at the minidumps, which I can't seem to grasp how to do.

Hoping someone can help me out, trying just about everything:

memtess which had no errors after 8 passes, disabling some suspect startup apps, rebuilding page file after updating ssd firmwares, previously wiped and reinstalled nvidia drivers, ran a sfc /scannow and verification was ok.

Even tried endless setting configurations in the bios, ie: xmp off/on, turbo and speed step on/off, etc, etc.

Haven't yet resorted to unplugging everything and reseating devices because I feel that this has got to be software related.

Here is the whocrashed message:

Conclusion
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 381.65 , NVIDIA Corporation)

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination with the errors that have been reported for these drivers. Include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions on the web by users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

Colif said:
    You can look here to read dump files: MS INstructions

Reply to earwigisbent
  10. Best answer
    Update these drivers SiUSBXp.sys theyre 7 yrs old

test the ram with memtest. One stick at a time

Scan the hdd for rootkits https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/tdsskiller/
    Reply to Paul NZ
  11. Thanks for your reply. How do i update SiUSBXp.sys? what does it belong to?

Have you had a look at any of the mini dump files? I have no idea how that is done. I uploaded some new ones on my most recent post, hoping someone looks at them and sources which driver is casuing the issue...

The Whocrashed program seems to source nvidia drivers. Not sure what is correct.

I already ram memtest for 8 passes (nearly 12 hours) with both sticks still in. Surly an error would have come up regardless if it truly was a ram issue?

A Rootkit? i Hadn't even considered that something malware related could be considered.. is this common? What does that software do?

Paul NZ said:
    Update these drivers SiUSBXp.sys theyre 7 yrs old

test the ram with memtest. One stick at a time

Scan the hdd for rootkits https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/tdsskiller/

Reply to earwigisbent
  12. It scans for rootkits, thats why I said rootkits. Since ntfs.sys is crashing

I used bluescreenview thats how i know what drivers are on it
    Reply to Paul NZ
  13. SiuSBxp.sys = Silicone Labs USBXpress Development Kit - maybe its part of http://www.silabs.com/products/interface/usb-bridges

I wasn't ignoring post, just haven't been here.
    Reply to Colif
  14. I'm just posting details as I go along. didn't have notifications on so I guess missed some messages.

Most recent memory dumps are here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b94rz5tn33mi6o9/dumps.zip?dl=0

In bluescreen view, the same two drivers seem to usually be there, highlighted red: nyoskrnl.exe and nvlddmkm.sys

Tried various nvidia driver versions, all of which crash.

Tried to do a chkdsk on c: but every time it is set to reboot, the scan never kicks in.

Still not sure I understand the SiuSBxp.sys, is that my mobo usb drivers or something? it's not highlighted as red in bluescreen view. Is there a reason it may be suspect besides its age? How would I update those, didn't see a clear path to do so on that page.

I've been trying to get support from EVGA but we have been circles installing and reinstalling drivers. All I want to do for now is verify somehow whether this is definitely a software driver rather than hardware.
    Reply to earwigisbent
  15. A user on geforce forum suggested it may be an issue with my Crucial MX300 1050gb ssd.

"PFN List corruption can indeed mean faulty storage device, just looking at your drives in detail, the MX300 1050 drives have been quite problematic going by threads on the Crucial forums."

As I mentioned previously the firmware did need to be updated, which I did but never solved the issue.

Also one other detail: I can typically get 15-25 hours no problem when just running videos, photoshop and multiple tabs... still at least once a day crashes though. It's when I game, the crashes are more frequent like several times a day. Main games I have been play testing is dishonored 2 and GTA V. Dishonored 2 is know to have a lot of it's own issue so I don't take those crashes too seriously. GTA V as well from what I could tell on the forums.

I keep a close eye on temps on a secondary monitor and never seems to spike significantly. Is it possible the spikes are not visible because they happen and immediately cause a crash?
    Reply to earwigisbent
  16. Interesting development...possible culprit?

I decided i should at least try and run driver verifier (which I didn't even know existed). Selected all non Microsoft drivers. rebooted and immediately got two new BSOD before even getting into windows:

On Sun 2017-04-16 11:40:22 PM your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\041617-5734-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: wdf01000.sys (Wdf01000+0x6A40)
    Bugcheck code: 0xC9 (0x22E, 0xFFFFF80789836A40, 0xFFFFDE055658ECF0, 0x0)
    Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\wdf01000.sys
    description: Kernel Mode Driver Framework Runtime
    Bug check description: This is the bug check code for all Driver Verifier
    The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 2017-04-16 11:40:22 PM your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: uvhid.sys (uvhid+0x1585)
    Bugcheck code: 0xC9 (0x22E, 0xFFFFF80789836A40, 0xFFFFDE055658ECF0, 0x0)
    Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\uvhid.sys
    product: Windows (R) Win 7 DDK driver
    company: Windows (R) Win 7 DDK provider
    description: HID mini driver for Unified Virtual HID
    Bug check description: This is the bug check code for all Driver Verifier
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: uvhid.sys (HID mini driver for Unified Virtual HID, Windows (R) Win 7 DDK provider).
    Google query: Windows (R) Win 7 DDK provider DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION

Did a quick google on those results and got this:

http://community.unifiedremote.com/topic/470/bsod-in-windows-7-unified-remote-possible-cause

According to that link, the user's Unified remote drivers were causing the BSOD issue at random times which is very similar to my situation. Won't know for awhile if it truly was it but I have since deleted it and rebooted and turned verifier off pending any further bsod.

Could this really be the only cause of many weeks of troubleshooting strife? Makes me wish I was more methodical in my tests and not so quick to assume that my build skills were bad, assuming it turns out to be the problem.

Would really love to hear what someone else thinks about that. Does this seem likely?
    Reply to earwigisbent
  17. Unified Remote HID Mini Driver for Unified Virtual HID - I don't even know what it is... so its a way to control PC with phone? https://www.unifiedremote.com/

here is a download site for it: https://www.unifiedremote.com/download

my suggestion would be to remove them and see if it fixes the problem
    Reply to Colif
  18. Yes. I used to use it on my previous machine to control the computer from the couch when watching tv but I guess the driver is causing problems on this one. Will report back if solved in a couple days.
    Reply to earwigisbent
  19. Sadly, the computer crashed again. Page fault error. Going to run Driver verifier on remaining non-microsoft drivers and hope to get another clue.

Is there anything else I can do? ran a rootkit scan as suggested above, no threats.

Starting to lose hope on solving this without in-person help. Last stop before reaching out to a human in person is a fresh install and maybe opening up the machine and reseating devices but right now I am feeling hopeless. Really thought the Unified driver issue was it.
    Reply to earwigisbent
  20. share the memory dump of the error may help us help you :)

you could post a question on here and follow the instructions at top of forum, they may find something we aren't
    Reply to Colif
  21. BalanceWdm.sys is 5 yrs old. Propellerheads balance or something.See if there's an update for this whatever it is
    Reply to Paul NZ
  22. Hey there Colif:

Here is a zip with all recent memory dumps from the last few days. The most recent one is the one I had after removing unified remote which I had thought was the rotten apple.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8wthhet9z66502m/All%20dumps.zip?dl=0

I am currently running driver verifier and unlike the first time i ran it, the computer has not found anything to crash on yet.

Please let me know if you find anything, thanks in advance
    Reply to earwigisbent
  23. Hi PaulNZ,

I had suspected that driver early on but the computer crashed often even when the device was not plugged in. Also, the device always worked on my previous machine.

Currently running drive verifier so if that driver is is a problem it should crash the system right?

Paul NZ said:
    BalanceWdm.sys is 5 yrs old. Propellerheads balance or something.See if there's an update for this whatever it is

Reply to earwigisbent
  24. https://www.dropbox.com/s/8wthhet9z66502m/All%20dumps.zip?dl=0

Colif said:
    share the memory dump of the error may help us help you :)

you could post a question on here and follow the instructions at top of forum, they may find something we aren't
    Reply to earwigisbent
  25. Do you use Hyper-V?
    Reply to Paul NZ
  26. i can't read dumps but Paul can, that why I suggested you share them :)
    Reply to Colif
  27. Hey PaulNZ,

It says "Hyper V support: yes" in task manager but I don't know what that is really. Is it something i should disable? How do you think this connects to my crashes?

EDIT: Dumps are here btw: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8wthhet9z66502m/All%20dumps.zip?dl=0
    Reply to earwigisbent
  28. So unless I run virtual machines this is something i can consider disabling? Is this done via bios?

Also, just got yet another BSOD but this time the error says MEMORY_MANAGMENT again and makes reference to potential thermal issue? is this possible? If so how to I measure the temperature of northrbidge or RAM?

Mini dump for this one is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g1km20ynxqm6m54/041717-7546-01.zip?dl=0

On Mon 2017-04-17 5:36:56 PM your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\041717-7546-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x16BF70)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x61941, 0x402243C, 0xD, 0xFFFFBB00578E8A80)
    Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
    This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Paul NZ said:
    Reply to earwigisbent
  29. Yup Hyper-v maybe in the BIOS.

That balance thing may have worked in previous versions of windows, but was it Windows 10?

Windows 10 CU (if this is installed), is fussier with drivers than previous versions

There's a suss file on your system 53888629.sys. Find it delete it

It's possible hyper-v is causing this 0x1a stop error. Disable it
    Reply to Paul NZ
  30. Thanks for those details, PaulNZ. Sorry, I clicked solved by accident.

Balance worked previously on a machine running windows 10 and as I mentioned, computer still crashes when it isn't connected.

The computer also crashed before and after windows CU update.

Gonna try disabling hyper V and see if it helps.

What/where is 53888629.sys? and why do I have to delete it? Is it bad?

Paul NZ said:
    Yup Hyper-v maybe in the BIOS.

That balance thing may have worked in previous versions of windows, but was it Windows 10?

Windows 10 CU (if this is installed), is fussier with drivers than previous versions

There's a suss file on your system 53888629.sys. Find it delete it

It's possible hyper-v is causing this 0x1a stop error. Disable it

Reply to earwigisbent
  31. 53888629.sys doesnt appear in Google either, so it maybe malware. And it's not a windows file

I dont know where it is it's probably hidden. It maybe in the system32 folder
    Reply to Paul NZ
  32. Hi Paul NZ, Thank you for you efforts to help me thus far :)

Looked in the bios and there is no Hyper V option.. There is a Virtualization option that was there however, and was already disabled.

Looked in windows features list and Hyper V is not checked on... So I guess that means it isn't the culprit or turned on right?

Also, searched every hard disk with hidden and system files showing and could not find 53888629.sys. looked manually in system 32 folder and did not see it.

Where did you see that file referenced? Any other leads based on the mini dumps?

Paul NZ said:
    53888629.sys doesnt appear in Google either, so it maybe malware. And it's not a windows file

I dont know where it is it's probably hidden. It maybe in the system32 folder

Reply to earwigisbent
  33. Why is Hyper-v running then? ? Dont think I saw any virtual machine program drivers in the dmp file/s

Get adwcleaner run it click on scan. Wait for it to finish, click on clean. Reboot.

Then run it again click on file menu / uninstall to remove it. See what this picks up / removes

https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/

I would update these drivers as well SiLib.sys theyre 7 yrs old
    Reply to Paul NZ
  34. Hyper V isn't running. Windows just says it is available in the task manager.

I looked in windows features section for hyper V and it is all unchecked and virtualization is disabled in the bios and listed as disabled in task manager. I even ran the command prompt line in case to disable it and rebooted... So I don't think hyper v can be the issue.

I'll try adwcleaner right away and report any findings to you.

I think colif also mentioned the 7 year old drivers. Looked them up and they seem to belong to the Corsair AIO water cooler H80i V2 that is connected to my usb header.

Is there anything in the dumps that suggest they are a problem? Tried updating them via device manager but it says I have the most up to date. Looked at support section on corsair site for updated drivers and see nothing newer than what I have.. I think they install along with Corsair Link 4 which I use to manage my fan curves..

What do you think?

UPDATE EDIT: I ran the adwcleaner. it only found this on the second pass:

[-] [C:\Users\Erik Intrevado\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web data] [Search Provider] Deleted: ask.com

I removed it. Doubt it is a connected issue though.

I also looked further into the 7 year old usb driver and it definitely is part of corsair link interface for the cooler. Trying to read other forums to see if it is solvable or somehow update-able... still not sure if it is the root issue however..If it is, I would then consider connecting the radiator fans to MOBO and using q fan to control instead but would prefer to have corsair link work.

Let me know if you have any further advice or leads from the mini dumps.

Paul NZ said:
    Why is Hyper-v running then? ? Don't think I saw any virtual machine program drivers in the dmp file/s

Get adwcleaner run it click on scan. Wait for it to finish, click on clean. Reboot.

Then run it again click on file menu / uninstall to remove it. See what this picks up / removes

https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/

I would update these drivers as well SiLib.sys theyre 7 yrs old

Reply to earwigisbent
  35. i don't understand how a PC with a 7700 in it can have 5 year old drivers running??

I remember in 1st reply saying don't need to reinstall win 10 but the number of odd drivers that keep popping up makes me have second thoughts.
    A clean install using drivers only from the hardware makers web sites might be faster than figuring out whats causing all this now,

I wonder, did you fresh install win 10 on new motherboard or did you move it from a previous install? age of drivers makes me wonder.

earwigisbent said:
    Yes. I used to use it on my previous machine to control the computer from the couch when watching tv but I guess the driver is causing problems on this one. Will report back if solved in a couple days.

As does this post.
    Reply to Colif
  36. Hey colif, sorry for the long response that follows. It's kinda interesting... in a way ;)

After further research, the 7 year old siusbx drivers were sourced as being from the corsair link 4 for the AIO cooler I am using. It looks like the drivers may be notorious for being garbage. While I do not know for certain if they are the cause of all these BSOD yet, I decided to uninstall corsair link 4 and the usb drivers for the pump to see what happens.

The Pump is a H80i V2 hydro series AIO pump. I mentioned this to paul NZ in a few posts in this thread that you might have missed. So for now I am running the system without the corsair link 4 software and without the usb drivers. The fan curve is saved on the firmware of the device itself so no need to worry about that for now. I just wont be able to see the liquid temp, which is a bummer. But the curve is set to incrementally ramp up as it heats regardless. I have it set to quiet profile.

Assuming that these drivers were the problem, I should no longer have crashes (I will have to wait 2 days to see if it remains stable). I tried finding an update path but the sdk I was told to use didn't seem to update the drivers in question, simply adding additional ones.

Anyhow, while I am tempted to do a fresh install as you suggest it should be noted that this was a brand new build with a fresh install with updated drivers from manufacturers websites.... So in the end, these drivers will appear again when i install my devices regardless. If the 7 year old siusbx driver is causing the problem, then I will have to consider an alternative cooling option or use q fan to control it in the future instead. For now the last saved profile I place on it will do.

Please let me know if you have any other last thoughts or suggestions. I am going to let the computer run and wait for the next bluescreen. If it doesn't appear in 2 days, I will know that it was because of the terrible Cooler software.

I really hope this hunch is correct this time, trouble shooting is certainly exhausting :)

Colif said:
    i don't understand how a PC with a 7700 in it can have 5 year old drivers running??

I remember in 1st reply saying don't need to reinstall win 10 but the number of odd drivers that keep popping up makes me have second thoughts.
    A clean install using drivers only from the hardware makers web sites might be faster than figuring out whats causing all this now,

I wonder, did you fresh install win 10 on new motherboard or did you move it from a previous install? age of drivers makes me wonder.

earwigisbent said:
    Yes. I used to use it on my previous machine to control the computer from the couch when watching tv but I guess the driver is causing problems on this one. Will report back if solved in a couple days.

As does this post.
    Reply to earwigisbent
  37. ok, I wasn't sure. hope you right this time :)
    Reply to Colif
  38. I hope so too :) While I am not a novice, I am certainly not a pro. So this is starting wear me out!

I really though the removing of the unified remote driver would solve it but alas I still got a BSOD.

If this solution still brings a BSOD then time for a fresh install or get help from a local pro somehow to diagnose the true problem. Because I am fresh out of leads.

Colif said:
    ok, I wasn't sure. hope you right this time :)
    Reply to earwigisbent
  39. SiLib.sys may not be the cause. But because the drivers are old, you cant rule it out as one of the causes of one of these crashes

Altho I dont know why these drivers are on this anyway
    Reply to Paul NZ
  40. Hey PaulNZ,

Yes i imagine it may not be... For now I have uninstalled those drivers as the cooler can run without them, the last applied fan profile remains on the pump itself. The only thing I I cannot actively monitor the cooling liquid temp in windows for now. But the device knows to kick it up as that temps increase.

You can see here that someone else encountered this major issue: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=164167

Apparently some of these devices use this siusbx and silib drivers which are buggy and others use a standard HID driver.. I guess I have one that uses the former.

Did a short stress test for an hour and temps seemed fine. Playing a bit of gta v now as well and seems fine. But I am not getting excited as I was able to do this previously, the BSOD really are/were random (2-24 hrs). Hoping the next never comes.

While I am not certain this will solve it either, I'm going to give it my usual test of waiting for it to crash within 2 days. If it doesn't crash in two days, we can likely source it as the problem.

What do you think?

Paul NZ said:
    SiLib.sys may not be the cause. But because the drivers are old, you cant rule it out as one of the causes of one of these crashes

Altho I dont know why these drivers are on this anyway
    Reply to earwigisbent
  41. Funny how some of the flash things you buy, are the ones who make drivers that crash lol

Corsairlink, Razer. All these flash mechanical LED backlit keyboards and mice

They can make the hardware but their drivers are crap
    Reply to Paul NZ
  42. Indeed! Blows my mind. I honestly went for the corsair AIO pump simply because the last power supply and ram on my old machine were great. But when you look up corsair problems on google, their drivers are at the forefront of the discussion. I don't understand why companies would cheap out on drivers.

While I hope this solves it, I will be disappointed that I cannot use the software, which is partly why I bought it. I will let you know the results as soon as I know myself. If it runs for 48 hours, I'm in the clear :)

I am going to contact corsair if it ends up being the reason for BSOD and see if they have a driver solution, couldn't find any form of firmware or driver updates for the product: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/hydro-series-h80i-v2-high-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler

Paul NZ said:
    Funny how some of the flash things you buy, are the ones who make drivers that crash lol

Corsairlink, Razer. All these flash mechanical LED backlit keyboards and mice

They can make the hardware but their drivers are crap
    Reply to earwigisbent
  43. Razor Synapse is so bad I warn people about it before they buy the mouse or keyboard - it seems worse for keyboards though. Logitech 10 years ago or so used to be just as bad, their software is much better now. If the reputation of the makers is effected enough by the quality of the drivers they seem to work it out over time... just takes years for them to notice.

you could post on here and get a second opinion, just follow posting instructions. Can also link to this there to avoid extra work

You would need to find a good pro as many repair shops seem to know very little about troubleshooting driver problems, or bsod in general really. Suspect many would just fresh install win 10 and the errors may pop up later depending on what else you install.
    Reply to Colif
  44. Hey Colif,

Sadly. my computer crashed again... so I guess it wasn't the corsair drivers either.

BSOD Memory_Managment again. I don't know what to do at this point as I am confused. Here is the most recent dump: https://www.dropbox.com/s/beankk2umdqkcgz/newest%20dump.zip?dl=0

Here is what we touched upon that may still apply:

1) Is it the RAM? Memtest passed on both sticks but I never did a test one at a time.

2) You mentioned that it could be an issue with the MX300 SSD. Is there anything else I can do to assess that? Chkdsk doesn't seem to want to load up on restart to check the c:

3) I've read online that some monitoring programs like HWmonitor, etc can crash a system sometimes, is this worth looking into? I have been running various monitoring programs the entire time to track performance and temps.

4) The gpu, was an early suspect but is there anything suggesting that it still may be the issue?

5) Fresh install. I am worried about going through this and finding the same results since I did do the installs properly the first time around.

Let me know what you think

I'll definitely post on that other site you suggested next chance I get but I'm going to have to step away from it for a couple days as I am about to descend into madness! lol

Colif said:
    Razor Synapse is so bad I warn people about it before they buy the mouse or keyboard - it seems worse for keyboards though. Logitech 10 years ago or so used to be just as bad, their software is much better now. If the reputation of the makers is effected enough by the quality of the drivers they seem to work it out over time... just takes years for them to notice.

you could post on here and get a second opinion, just follow posting instructions. Can also link to this there to avoid extra work

You would need to find a good pro as many repair shops seem to know very little about troubleshooting driver problems, or bsod in general really. Suspect many would just fresh install win 10 and the errors may pop up later depending on what else you install.
    Reply to earwigisbent
  45. Memory management can be ram, hdd or drivers. Paul can read the dump files, I just know the normal reasons they happen.

1) test the ram out
    2) Try running http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/support-storage-executive on ssd and see what it sees.
    Many of the errors do point towards storage so why not install win 10 on another drive just to see if you get same problems.

3) take off trackers just in case they creating other problems
    4) not that i can think of?
    5) see 2
    Reply to Colif
  46. Hey Colif.

1) I'll do a memtest on each stick after a short 24 break from all this. My head is hurting :)
    2) already installed and ran that software. updated the firmware for the Crucial drives and the program says they are in good health. Don't see any other tool that would help within that program.
    3) I'll remove tracking programs and see if that changes stuff in the meantime.
    4) ok
    5) ok

I'll keep you posted. Quick question: when I reply to your comments, does Paul NZ see them as well? It's all part of the same thread right?

Colif said:
    Memory management can be ram, hdd or drivers. Paul can read the dump files, I just know the normal reasons they happen.

1) test the ram out
    2) Try running http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/support-storage-executive on ssd and see what it sees.
    Many of the errors do point towards storage so why not install win 10 on another drive just to see if you get same problems.

3) take off trackers just in case they creating other problems
    4) not that i can think of?
    5) see 2
    Reply to earwigisbent
  47. Yes, every reply you make comes to same thread. you only need to post dumps once if/when you get new errors.
    Reply to Colif
  48. See if Hyper-v in control panel / programs and features / turn windows features on or off is ticked.

If it is, untick it. It may have installed, if this option is ticked
    Reply to Paul NZ
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Blue Screen RAM CPUs Hardware Problem GPS New Build