Need help finding PCIE x16 slot version ASAP

Hi everyone, as the title says, i'm trying to find the version of the one and only PCIE x16 slot I have on my motherboard which is a MSI / Medion MS-7800 Motherboard and I'm looking forward to buying a MSI Radeon RX480 GPU which is a PCIE 3.0 GPU. Answers will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
3 answers Last reply
More about finding pcie x16 slot version asap
  1. According to the motherboard picture on page 42 in this German Manual, there seem to be a PCIe X16_1 slot.
    http://download2.medion.com/downloads/anleitungen/bda_20052914.pdf

Nigel
  2. It should be pcie version 3.0 as the nvidia geforce 750ti is compatible with your system. The 750ti is pcie 3.0 supported.
    Question is if your power supply can handle the card and if it has the extra 6 or 8 pin plug to power the card?
  3. tekno2go said:
    It should be pcie version 3.0 as the nvidia geforce 750ti is compatible with your system. The 750ti is pcie 3.0 supported.
    Question is if your power supply can handle the card and if it has the extra 6 or 8 pin plug to power the card?

Thanks a lot man, i'm also looking forward to buying a 8-pin 600w power supply since RX480 requires an 8-pin so that shouldn't be much of a problem.
    Cheers!
Ask a new question

Read More

GPUs MSI-Microstar PCI Motherboards PCI Express