Solved

What is the Partition limit on a Windows 10 Lenovo Ideapad 510-15ISK -i7-1TB for dual booting set up?

What is the Partition limit on a Windows 10 Lenovo Ideapad 510-15ISK -i7-1TB for dual booting set up please? I have shrunk the Widows partition down to roughly half its size so I can install some another operating system (and it seemed to improve Windows performance too) and will then set up a VPN vector for both, but I am not going to rush in and ruin a perfectly functioning machine.

There was once a limit of 4 Primary partitions on HDD, but I have not been able to find unambiguous articles as if this is still the case and it seems there are already at least two Primary partitions in the default Windows 10 installation; I have a Recovery set up initiated.
Thank you
Steve
1 answer Last reply Best Answer
More about partition limit windows lenovo ideapad 510 15isk 1tb dual booting set
  1. Best answer
    The partition limit depends on the format of the hdd. If it is still formatted as MBR then its max is that 4 you mentioned. If the PC is set up as GPT then the partition limit is 128 partitions.

Since that is virtually brand new, I would think it is formatted as GPT in which case, what other OS did you want to put on drive? As older versions of window won't boot off GPT drives.

Can you show us a screen shot of disc management and it might help us answer your question
Ask a new question

Read More

windows 10 Lenovo Partition Intel i7 Dual