Solved

Which monitor should i get 60hz, 75hz or 144hz

Im looking for a 1080p monitor(freesync)for my build.Im going to get a rx 480 soon i want to play old and current games.

Games like assassins creed 1,2,3 will obviously get over 100fps with the rx 480 since its a old game so if i get a 60hz i wont go over 60fps or 75hz monitor then i wont be going over 75fps but if i get the 144hz i will go over 100fps but its very expensive thus the question
Reply to bigjohnny
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about monitor 60hz 75hz 144hz
  1. https://pcpartpicker.com/product/PmyFf7/acer-monitor-umfg6aab01 - No freesync

    https://pcpartpicker.com/product/ZBZ2FT/aoc-monitor-g2460pf - Freesync

    I suggest you get the non-sync monitor. What if down the road you get a nvidia gpu? Your freesync will be wasted.
    Reply to n3cw4rr10r
  2. n3cw4rr10r said:
    https://pcpartpicker.com/product/PmyFf7/acer-monitor-umfg6aab01 - No freesync

    https://pcpartpicker.com/product/ZBZ2FT/aoc-monitor-g2460pf - Freesync

    I suggest you get the non-sync monitor. What if down the road you get a nvidia gpu? Your freesync will be wasted.


    you are right but what about screen tearing
    Reply to bigjohnny
  3. n3cw4rr10r said:
    https://pcpartpicker.com/product/PmyFf7/acer-monitor-umfg6aab01 - No freesync

    https://pcpartpicker.com/product/ZBZ2FT/aoc-monitor-g2460pf - Freesync

    I suggest you get the non-sync monitor. What if down the road you get a nvidia gpu? Your freesync will be wasted.


    Freesync does not have a major price bump and he has AMD now why would you not pay the 20-30 extra.
    Reply to gillhooley
  4. Best answer
    Won't get 100 fps in AC3, game is poorly optimised and you'll get ~40 fps in cities :p.

    Just go for a 1080p@75Hz Freesync monitor.
    Reply to RCFProd
  5. RCFProd said:
    Won't get 100 fps in AC3, game is poorly optimised and you'll get ~40 fps in cities :p.

    Just go for a 1080p@75Hz Freesync monitor.


    what about other old games like crysis 3,far cry 3,battlefield 3,4,splinter cell conviction
    Reply to bigjohnny
  6. bigjohnny said:
    Im looking for a 1080p monitor(freesync)for my build.Im going to get a rx 480 soon i want to play old and current games.

    Games like assassins creed 1,2,3 will obviously get over 100fps with the rx 480 since its a old game so if i get a 60hz i wont go over 60fps or 75hz monitor then i wont be going over 75fps but if i get the 144hz i will go over 100fps but its very expensive thus the question


    Your best choice for price and quality is this ASUS 75Hz 1ms response time monitor, very cheap. https://www.pccasegear.com/products/35113/asus-ve248hr-24in-widescreen-led-monitor
    Reply to TempestHD
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Games Monitors Build