Solved

Random shut down during games

Recently while I'm playing game My PC will just shut down. The games I've seen it happen are on Car Mechanic Simulator 2016, Half Life 2, and Fallout 4. I have an OpenhardwareMontior report I took literal seconds before it shut down and nothing was overheating. I have 2 MSI rx 480 4gb Crossfired. The card that is usually off when not playing a game was 84C and max temp it got was 93C the main card that runs my monitors was running about 58C and maxed about 61C. This was during Half Life 2. I've never overclocked or done any of that to the cards and the CPU is liquid cooled with a Corsair H-110i. My power source is a Rosewill Hive 850. Also running on windows 10, but it started happening on win 7. No virus's were found and no junk is clogging the system up.
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about random shut games
  1. That type of behavior usually points to a heat or power issue. The Hive PSU isn't bad(if it's one of the earlier ones), but that would be my first thought. Any chance you know anyone with a strong enough psu that you can swap out and test that?
  2. Swordkd said:
    That type of behavior usually points to a heat or power issue. The Hive PSU isn't bad(if it's one of the earlier ones), but that would be my first thought. Any chance you know anyone with a strong enough psu that you can swap out and test that?

I do not, I think it might be pulling more volts to the card then it needs I just took another report and the voltage seem way too high for the cards
  3. I found the problem. I pulled the card out and put it back in after checking all the cables neither card goes over 58-72C now
  4. Best answer
    Hmm, so what would have been the issue? A bad power connection you'd think it wouldn't work at all, as would a seating issue. As a general fix, use a can of compressed air or something similar and blow out your case and cards. Clean up your cable routing for better air flow too.
Ask a new question

Read More

Games AMD Shutdown