Show off your newest system upgrade components here! - page 5

385 answers Last reply
  1. April
    Bought Thermaltake Commander F6 RGB fan controller and 3rd NZXT AER140 RGB fan for my Skylake build.
    (Click on image for full size.)
    https://s23.postimg.org/jrsdkcn7v/IMG_5378.jpg

In the process of installing my AER140 fans into my case.
    https://s23.postimg.org/gyz60bmvf/IMG_5389.jpg

All 3 AER140 RGB fans up and running.
    https://s23.postimg.org/eixcmh4sr/IMG_5404.jpg

Thermaltake Commander F6 RGB up and running.
    https://s23.postimg.org/xcnqx7sej/IMG_5405.jpg
    Channel layout:
    Channel #1: Corsair ML140 - front intake
    Channel #2: Corsair ML140 - front intake
    Channel #3: NZXT AER140 RGB - top exhaust
    Channel #4: NZXT AER140 RGB - top exhaust
    Channel #5: NZXT AER140 RGB - top exhaust
    Channel #6: Corsair ML140 - rear exhaust

Night shot.
    https://s23.postimg.org/elltn1xu3/IMG_5414.jpg
    Reply to Aeacus
  2. Nice setup but does your system need to have six case fans just to keep the thing chilled off ?
    Reply to maikutech
  3. maikutech said:
    Nice setup but does your system need to have six case fans just to keep the thing chilled off ?

Actually, i have 7 case fans. Since fan controller has 6 channels, my 7th case fan (Corsair ML120 - bottom intake) is hooked up to the MoBo 4-pin fan header.

As far as my 7 case fans go, i don't "need" to have 7 case fans, i could get by with 3 fans (2x front intake and 1x rear exhaust). But since i like to keep my PC quiet, components well cooled and i also like the eyecandy my LED fans provide, i have 7 of them.

With 7 fans, i can run each fan at about 1100 RPM while keeping my PC chilled and quiet. To get the same airflow with lesser fans, i'd have to run my (let's say 3) fans with much faster speeds which in turn increases the noise fans are making.
    Reply to Aeacus
  4. g-unit1111 said:
    MaDDD said:
    I just hope my particular CPU is a good overclocker. Mobo comes tomorrow :)

Nice! It's funny - people said that about both Skylake and Devil's Canyon when they first were released that they weren't good overclockers. Now people are saying that the 4690K and 6700K are great overclockers, and they overclock better than the current Kaby Lake processors. I think a lot of CPUs are like fine wines - they get better with age.

Considering the Q6600 G0, then yes. It was vastly superior to the previous stepping, B3, in that pretty much every single one could be overclocked in the BIOS (or by pencil mod) to 3GHz without having to touch the voltage and in some rare cases, like mine, you could even drop the stock voltage and still hit 3GHz. I only had to up voltage once I went over 3GHz. And to top it off the CPU by default used less voltage than B3.

In reality Devils Canyon was just their G0 stepping. Lower power draw, less voltage needed, lower heat and higher stock and overclock speeds.
    Reply to jimmysmitty
  5. My Sapphire Radeon NITRO+ RX 580 8GB Limited Edition , just arrived.

Reply to SR-71 Blackbird
  6. I hope you can get real phone technical support with sapphire "this time" otherwise goodluck with it when it begins to have problems down the road.
    Reply to maikutech
  7. I have owned their cards in the past very good service
    Reply to SR-71 Blackbird
  8. So have i however the ati software is another nightmare in itself we'll save that discussion for another time.
    Enjoy the card.
    Reply to maikutech
  9. maikutech said:
    So have i however the ati software is another nightmare in itself we'll save that discussion for another time.
    Enjoy the card.

Zero major issues with AMD software for years upon years. Windows 10 screwed it up at some point, was not AMD's fault. Blanket statements like this with no truth or substance don't really help anyone.
    Reply to Rogue Leader
  10. Not to mention they haven't been Ati since 2006..... Sounds to me like you repeat a lot of what you hear instead of speaking from real experience. Nvidia's had two drivers in the last year that have been accused of breaking cards.
    Reply to anort3
  11. Rogue Leader said:
    maikutech said:
    So have i however the ati software is another nightmare in itself we'll save that discussion for another time.
    Enjoy the card.

Zero major issues with AMD software for years upon years. Windows 10 screwed it up at some point, was not AMD's fault. Blanket statements like this with no truth or substance don't really help anyone.

Yeah I've never had any issues with any AMD cards or software either. I'm willing to bet a lot of this nonsense comes from Newegg / Amazon reviews. And I've owned tons of AMD / ATI cards going back to the All In Wonder days.
    Reply to g-unit1111
  12. Very little issues with software or drivers on either side , both of my recent Nvidia issues were OS update related.
    Reply to SR-71 Blackbird
  13. ........
    Reply to maikutech
  14. New Build:
    Same old Strix 970 4GD5 from 2015 (BIOS MOD OC @ 1468 MHz Core; 3825 MHz Memory; 1.212v)
    Old Monitor: LG E1942 19" (1366x768) OC'ed Resolution at Progressive 3600x2025 (via HDMI-VGA)

Intel Core i7 7700K OC @ 5 GHz; 1.45v vCore (Yes, new to OC'ing, Reached 5 GHz :D )
    G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 RAM @ 3333 MHz X.M.P
    ASUS z270F Gaming Motherboard (ASUS AURA SYNC; RGB)
    Corsair RM850x 80Plus Gold 850W PSU
    Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD (SATA 6Gb/s)
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64

Main images:

Top-Down View

CPU @ 5 GHz OC; 1.45v vCore

Monitor @ 3600 x 2025 from 1366 x 768 Native

Image Album here: http://imgur.com/a/ngK08

Hope y'all like it :)
    Reply to Achint2000
  15. Nice setup.
    Reply to SR-71 Blackbird
  16. Sapphire Radeon NITRO+ RX 580 8GB Limited Edition up and running.
    http://i64.tinypic.com/veaes6.jpg
    Reply to SR-71 Blackbird
  17. Video demonstration ? it'd be nice to see and hear your new system.
    Reply to maikutech
  18. I have FX 4300 and R7 250 and 4 gb of RAM.
    I know it's not that good,but in pair with 720p monitor,it's just fine for the games I play(CS:GO,War Thunder,GTA V).
    In the future I plan on getting new GPU like GTX 1050 Ti and more gigs of RAM.
    Reply to Revolucionar
  19. Newest components are the 1060, SSD, and the case, but here are some pics of my overall build. Just finished up with some cable management too very recently.

Sorry about the pic quality, I couldn't get my phone to blot out some of that light.

Reply to Slumy__57
  20. I run the 303 too.

Sapphire Radeon NITRO+ RX 580 8GB Limited Edition up and running.
    http://i64.tinypic.com/veaes6.jpg

Reply to SR-71 Blackbird
  21. Revolucionar said:
    I have FX 4300 and R7 250 and 4 gb of RAM.
    I know it's not that good,but in pair with 720p monitor,it's just fine for the games I play(CS:GO,War Thunder,GTA V).
    In the future I plan on getting new GPU like GTX 1050 Ti and more gigs of RAM.

Pictures or it didn't happen, update your post pics, thank you good sir.
    Reply to maikutech
  22. Upgraded to a Phanteks Enthoo Primo Black/Green. Still working on airflow, lighting and wires.
    Reply to gamelovers11223
  23. I gotta admit that is one nice looking designed computer, the only thing I don't like is the front panel of the case.
    Maybe I'm just use to wanting a fan in the front of my cases, this use to be my old case over a year ago.
    http://images.getprice.com.au/products/BimgAerocool%20VX-E%20Pro.jpg
    Reply to maikutech
  24. SR-71 Blackbird said:
    I run the 303 too. Sapphire Radeon NITRO+ RX 580 8GB Limited Edition up and running.

Very nice, the 303 is a pretty fantastic case. Did you have any problems getting those bottom three fans to fit in your rig? I wanted to run the three bottom fans as well but the header pins on my motherboard were blocking the space.
    Reply to Slumy__57
  25. Quote:
    I gotta admit that is one nice looking designed computer, the only thing I don't like is the front panel of the case.
    Maybe I'm just use to wanting a fan in the front of my cases,

Thanks. Front of the case has two 140mm LED intake fans.
    Reply to gamelovers11223
  26. gamelovers11223 said:
    Upgraded to a Phanteks Enthoo Primo Black/Green. Still working on airflow, lighting and wires.

Very nice!! I'm interested in buying the tempered glass panel for my Enthoo Pro and doing a black / orange paint scheme for it. How long did it take to get the glossy look?
    Reply to g-unit1111
  27. Quote:
    Very nice!! I'm interested in buying the tempered glass panel for my Enthoo Pro and doing a black / orange paint scheme for it. How long did it take to get the glossy look?

Thanks. I love that lime green color, in the process of doing full green led color theme.
    This color came stock. If I'm not mistaking this case can be ordered in two outer colors: Black or white and inside colors are: Black, white, green, orange, red and yellow.
    Reply to gamelovers11223
  28. gamelovers11223 said:
    Quote:

Thanks. I love that lime green color, in the process of doing full green led color theme.
    This color came stock. If I'm not mistaking this case can be ordered in two outer colors: Black or white and inside colors are: Black, white, green, orange, red and yellow.

What I'm interested in doing is buying the tempered glass panel: https://mnpctech.com/phanteks-case-mods/enthoo-pro-clear-panel/phanteks-enthoo-pro-clear-window-replacement-side-panel.html

And then painting the interior orange, and going with a custom black / orange scheme for the cables.
    Reply to g-unit1111
  29. Slumy__57 said:
    SR-71 Blackbird said:
    I run the 303 too. Sapphire Radeon NITRO+ RX 580 8GB Limited Edition up and running.

Very nice, the 303 is a pretty fantastic case. Did you have any problems getting those bottom three fans to fit in your rig? I wanted to run the three bottom fans as well but the header pins on my motherboard were blocking the space.

No trouble getting the three bottom fans in , just had to remove the plastic feet to mount them , tight fit but easily done.
    Reply to SR-71 Blackbird
  30. Quote:
    What I'm interested in doing is buying the tempered glass panel: https://mnpctech.com/phanteks-case-mods/enthoo-pro-clea...

And then painting the interior orange, and going with a custom black / orange scheme for the cables.

That would be awesome. Please post pictures of it.
    Reply to gamelovers11223
  31. Decided to upgrade my CPU liquid cooling system. Went with a Thermaltake Water 3.0 240mm system. Now I need to order one more Thermaltake Riing 14 green led fan and done.
    Reply to gamelovers11223
  32. Your hard drives are mounted at the bottom with the drive bays right ?
    Its a great build, but must you need that many fans, only reason why I asked that.
    It really shouldn't be that hard or crucial to keep the cpu cool and to keep the hdd/ssd at a steady tempature.
    Let alone having the whole computer sound like a boeing 747 plane
    Reply to maikutech
  33. Thanks.
    I only have one 3.5" drive. It's mounted all the way up top in the top drive cage.
    About that many fans. I want my system to have potential, if I decide to oc or add other components, I want my system to handle it with ease and look good at the same time.
    You'll be surprised how quiet my system is. I use LNC cables that come with those fans and there's no noise.
    Reply to gamelovers11223
  34. When you get up and running record a video of it.
    Reply to maikutech
  35. maikutech said:
    When you get up and running record a video of it.

Considered self promotion and against the TOS.

High quality fans are quiet. I have 4 x 200mm and including the 2 on my Phanteks, 4 x 140mm fans in my Phantom 820 and it's almost silent. The fan controller isn't even on the lowest setting.
    Reply to anort3
  36. Yeah, I have 9 fans total in my rig (including CPU and GPU coolers) and it runs pretty quiet. When you have more fans running, they move a lot of air around, and don't really need to run fast to keep the case cool. My brother's old PC on the other hand had a single case fan, a single CPU fan, and a single GPU fan, and that thing sounded like an old P52 firing up when it was under load.
    Reply to Slumy__57
  37. maikutech said:
    Your hard drives are mounted at the bottom with the drive bays right ?
    Its a great build, but must you need that many fans, only reason why I asked that.
    It really shouldn't be that hard or crucial to keep the cpu cool and to keep the hdd/ssd at a steady tempature.

Not when you use the right fans and configuration. I wish I could downvote this comment. My Ryzen rig has 8 fans not counting the PSU and GPU fans and its quiet as a mouse, the only time you can hear it is under serious heavy load (like running prime and heaven at the same time). In fact as long as they are hooked up to sensor controlled ports they work under lower rpms when theres more of them (because there is more air moving in/out) therefore keeping them quieter. If you have 1 or 2 fans working overtime thats gonna sound like a plane.

Why do I have all those fans? The cooling configuration I chose, and they are all LED so they look cool.
    Reply to Rogue Leader
  38. Rogue Leader said:
    maikutech said:

Not when you use the right fans and configuration. I wish I could downvote this comment.
    Why do I have all those fans? The cooling configuration I chose, and they are all LED so they look cool.

Do whatever you want, but if you are getting it for just looks.
    You check what I underlined your pc doesn't need to be cooled that much.
    Why buy too many fans for nothing ? if the computer isn't a oven 24/7 then don't put too much effort or money into it.
    You could load up cpu-z, hwmonitor, or good old fashion core temp 64bit and check to see if the computer needs more cooling or not.
    Reply to maikutech
  39. maikutech said:
    Rogue Leader said:
    maikutech said:

Not when you use the right fans and configuration. I wish I could downvote this comment.

Do whatever you want, but if you are getting it for just looks.
    You check what I underlined your pc doesn't need to be cooled that much.
    Why buy too many fans for nothing ? if the computer isn't a oven 24/7 then don't put too much effort or money into it.
    You could load up cpu-z, hwmonitor, or good old fashion core temp 64bit and check to see if the computer needs more cooling or not.

Thanks for the instructions, I know how to handle the cooling in a system, this isn't my first day at the rodeo. You clearly did not read my post at all, and "cleverly" responded only to the offhanded comments and not the actual meat of the post. Click on the "Gaming PC" link in my signature and you can see my system and the fans. The number of fans is both a function of the design of the case, AND it looks cool. Yes there are other ways to do it as well, with both benefits and detriments.

My cooling setup is a negative pressure setup, meaning more exhaust than intake. My intake fan has a filter on it and my basement is fairly dust free, but cleaning it occasionally isn't an issue. Starting with the liquid cooler it has 2 fans, it exhausts into the front chamber of the case, which has 3 exhaust fans pushing the heat from it out of the case. Could I have done it with 2? sure, but 3 looks better, AND they are able to run at a lower rpm. On the bottom is the intake fan, over the VRMs is a cooling fan, and on the back is the final exhaust, that makes 8. Its removing heat from everywhere in the system, there are no hot spots, and even under the heaviest loads my CPU (and everything else) doesn't get over 70 degrees. This gives me a ton of thermal headroom should I want to push the overclocks (I don't have time to bother right now, but I will). On top of that as I said, all the fans run at low RPM since it is a bit of overkill. This makes the whole system whisper quiet.

That final point is what I was responding to, because you criticized his cooling setup with no idea WHY he did it, and on top of that assuming it would be as loud as a 747. Its not. However minimizing the number of fans in a system, whether they can keep it within parameters or not, has the potential to make it louder since the fans have to work harder to move all the air in/out.

Just because its good enough, doesn't mean its the best way or the right way. Companies wouldn't make LED fans, glass sided cases, etc if everyone was just gonna stuff 2 fans in there and call it a day. Some people do care what their system looks like.
    Reply to Rogue Leader
  40. Have fun then.
    Reply to maikutech
  41. Just finished updating my system to 32GB of DDR4 3200Mhz G.Skill trident Z ram + a brand new GTX 1080ti + a second fresh Samsung 850 500GB ssd and soon to arrive Acer 35" predator 1440p curved screen! Looking forward to some awesome gaming!
    Reply to wehler53
  42. here is a video of my system running
    Reply to gamelovers11223
  43. had to get this lovely Enermax Liqmax ][ 240S I managed to get on a fry's super deal for 44$ (daily deal thing) normally 90$.
    fits 775 -1150-1151 and am4... a nice piece for future upgrade I think :)

Reply to The Paladin
  44. Seems like a hit and miss on that water cooler, if something goes wrong with it before the end of this year.
    I suggest you really look into these and replace the fans on the cooler.
    https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608026
    More info on your new toy so you can really see whats up with it.
    http://www.overclock.net/products/enermax-liqmax-ii-240/reviews/7398
    Reply to maikutech
  45. The Paladin said:
    had to get this lovely Enermax Liqmax ][ 240S I managed to get on a fry's super deal for 44$ (daily deal thing) normally 90$.
    fits 775 -1150-1151 and am4... a nice piece for future upgrade I think :)

Nice find , very good deal.
    Reply to SR-71 Blackbird
  46. Man that,s a good price ,System builders joy ,Water cooled systems would sell like hot cakes with that margin
    Reply to FullmetalJacket
  47. maikutech said:
    Seems like a hit and miss on that water cooler, if something goes wrong with it before the end of this year.
    I suggest you really look into these and replace the fans on the cooler. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608026 More info on your new toy so you can really see whats up with it. http://www.overclock.net/products/enermax-liqmax-ii-240/reviews/7398

Thanks, I already knew that about the fans, I prefer corsair fans anyways, nd fully control my own curves for speeds. I have used Enermax in the past and the article you wrote is on point, their fans are not the best asset of the water cooler, but replace them with more performant one, and no issues, beside, I already have a LS120 with dual fans on it, I will be putting 4 fans on this one (2 pull 2 push ) with nice corsair fans.... For 44$ its a steal... but its not going on this current build, not yet, I need to get a new white case, then maybe I will make it red led insides, dunno. still looking into making a frost (white and red) 1151 setup... working on selling my other 1150 to a friend (he has a first gen i3 he needs upgraded) and use that cash to get to 7th gen (yes I know Ryzen is out, no I am not going Amd)

Anonymous said:
    Man that,s a good price ,System builders joy ,Water cooled systems would sell like hot cakes with that margin

Too bad it was a strict 1 per person, I was eyeing the other 4 on the shelf like a wolf on a deer. buy 44 sell on ebay for 85.. but alas it was not to be.
    Reply to The Paladin
  48. I dig that shunt channel right over the CPU chip,And wow can't imagine 350 watt TDP ,That's serious overclocking on the Intel platform to get those numbers,
    but hey whats wrong with a little headroom
    Reply to FullmetalJacket

49. ASRock A320M-DGS AM4

F4-2400C15Q-32GFX

Ryzen 5 1600

GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (11GB)

be quiet DARK POWER PRO 10 BN600 550W
    NXZT Source 340 Mid Tower
    MyDigtial SSD BPX 480GB

My New - Maximum Performance on a $56 USD Non-Overclockable Motherboard Gaming Rig
    Reply to valeman2012
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Components EVGA Power Supplies MSI-Microstar ASrock Motherboards Seasonic Storage CPUs Gigabyte AMD Cooling Corsair Memory Asus Cases Graphics Cards Blackbird Group Intel