Solved

Upgrading From AMD (FX) To Intel, And New Motherboard Windows 10 pro.

Hello guys i really need your help.

recently i got given a new pc.

i want to upgrade from, AMD FX 6300 with mobo Gigabyte 970A-D3P To A i7 3770K with mobo Asus P8Z77-V Premium.

I would like to keep my data and files because i have very slow internet and dont want to download things again.

I have windows 10 Pro and i have the Product key on hand as well.

Im very confused about changing because some people have said i dont have to reinstall windows. some people say i have to fully buy a new one. some people say that windows 10 picks up the new CPU and MB so its plug and play. Iv heard a lot of different things and i want a strait out awnser.

Bassically i want to hear that i can swap the mobo and cpu and boot up pc and windows recognises te hardware, downloads the drivers, and boots to my desktop. without windows installation.

But i dont thing that will happen. I think its a lot harder than i thought.

Please respond. any comment is appreciated.

Thanks.
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about upgrading amd intel motherboard windows pro
  1. Well I also Updated my CPU (Core2Duo)+ MOBO + GPU + PSU
    then I assembled new rig and I plugged my HHD and other components together and yes windows 10 did recognizes the HW changes and I didn't loose any data
  2. Dronzer Dragneel said:
    Well I also Updated my CPU (Core2Duo)+ MOBO + GPU + PSU
    then I assembled new rig and I plugged my HHD and other components together and yes windows 10 did recognizes the HW changes and I didn't loose any data

Well i really hope this happends to me... (and you didnt have to do any reinstalling windows 10??)
  3. Best answer
    ZEUSKIE said:
    Dronzer Dragneel said:

Well i really hope this happends to me... (and you didnt have to do any reinstalling windows 10??)

No re-installation was needed for me, Just booted normally..1st time it took 5-10min to boot now just 5 sec..I hope the best for you
  4. Dronzer Dragneel said:
    ZEUSKIE said:
    Dronzer Dragneel said:

No re-installation was needed for me, Just booted normally..1st time it took 5-10min to boot now just 5 sec..I hope the best for you

hopfully, thankyou.
Ask a new question

Read More

Intel i7 AMD Asus Motherboards GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY windows 10