Solved

I NEED HELP FAST PLEASE. GTX 1070 WITH 4K monitor BUT WHICH TO CHOOSE FROM THESE TWO?

Hi, i need help i need to choose my 4k monitor, i have only 2 choice.
GPU is Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 gaming 8gb

I must to pick one of those monitors what is the best choice for me? (i don't use Free-sync tech)

1. 28" LED AOC U2879VF, 4K link: http://aoc-europe.com/en/products/u2879vf

2. 28" LED SAMSUNG LU28E590DS link: http://www.samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/uhd/samsung-uhd-28-monitor-with-high-glossy-black-finish-lu28e590ds-za/

both are Free-sync but i don't wanna and i cant use Free-sync i just use him normal

I NEED HELP I MUST KNOW THAT FAST BCS I MUST BUY FAST

THANKS FOR REPLY GUYS!
18 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about fast gtx 1070 monitor choose
  1. These are pretty much the same. Same response time, same contrast ratio, etc. It comes down to price. Most gamers I know will grab a AOC monitor, but Samsung has a great warranty process. So which ever one is cheaper.
  2. what kind of games do u play?
    do u watch movies, do video edditing with it?

do u have ANY other choice?
  3. aoc Contrast 80000000:1 Brightness 300 cd/m2 (type)
    samsung Contrast 1000000:1 Brightness 370 cd/m2 (type)

some people say that aoc have fake specs.. its really hard choice to me
  4. grab the cheapest, i wouldnt buy any of them.

i would look futher.
  5. superninja12 said:
    what kind of games do u play?
    do u watch movies, do video edditing with it?

do u have ANY other choice?

i play fps, open world,race etc..hard gaming and like that...no i have only that 2 choice...yea i watch movies and a little edditing ofc
  6. Like I said at the beginning, the are pretty much the same with minute differences. Grab which ever one is cheaper. Or if you heard AOC has fake speaks, get behind a company who stands behind their product (despite the Note 7)
  7. This is my rig

(CPU): Intel® Core™ i7-3770 (8M Cache, 3.40 GHz)

(GPU): GIGABYTE G1 1070 GAMING 8GB

(MBO): MSI ZH77A-G43

(RAM): 16gb (4x4gb)
    HyperX black 1600MHz

(HDD): 3000 GB(3.0Tb) (1x1000gb 1x2000gb)

SSD 120gb 550/500

Chieftec 750w

Scythe Mugen 3

BD-RW LG BH16NS40, 16x, SATA, crna, bulk

SCYTHE Kaze Master Flat II, KM08-BK, 5.25",

Antec GX 505

7 vents
  8. Again, the same thing. Grab the cheaper of the two. Personally, I would go with Samsung, becuase I trust them over AOC.
  9. aoc is 397.29€
    samsung is 463.51€
  10. Power94 said:
    aoc is 397.29€
    samsung is 463.51€

Again, you asked for a preference. You said that you heard "AOC has faked specs" and we gave you what we thought was the best choice. It's only a recommendation. I can't speak for AOC and their warranty, but I know from expdreine (monitors, TVs, phones, etc) that Samsung has some of the best warranty teams out there. I would go with that, and protect yourself.
  11. Herc08 said:
    Power94 said:
    aoc is 397.29€
    samsung is 463.51€

Again, you asked for a preference. You said that you heard "AOC has faked specs" and we gave you what we thought was the best choice. It's only a recommendation. I can't speak for AOC and their warranty, but I know from expdreine (monitors, TVs, phones, etc) that Samsung has some of the best warranty teams out there. I would go with that, and protect yourself.

That depends on who you ask regarding Samsung's phone warranty. Anyone who's owned the original Note Edge got severely burned by them. AOC got the 'faked specs' view because one of their monitors failed its promised 144 hz rating for some people. Filipi's link should be viewed as well with that particular monitor in the article; and fully read. Honestly, it just comes down to who you feel more comfortable with.
  12. filippi said:

so you say samsung is better?
  13. guys do i need take dp 1.2 or hdmi high speed or hdmi high speed with net or hdmi high speed 4k? i wanna 4k 60hz
  14. Power94 said:
    guys do i need take dp 1.2 or hdmi high speed or hdmi high speed with net or hdmi high speed 4k? i wanna 4k 60hz

If I am not mistaken, DP 1.3 and HDMI 1.4 both support 4K at 60Hz.
  15. Herc08 said:
    Power94 said:
    guys do i need take dp 1.2 or hdmi high speed or hdmi high speed with net or hdmi high speed 4k? i wanna 4k 60hz

If I am not mistaken, DP 1.3 and HDMI 1.4 both support 4K at 60Hz.

yea i have only 1.2 dp https://www.links.hr/hr/kabel-delock-displayport-m-na-displayport-m-4k-2m-200600265
    and hdmi https://www.links.hr/hr/kabel-delock-hdmi-a-m-na-hdmi-a-m-high-speed-sa-ethernet-4k-1-5m-200600236
    https://www.links.hr/hr/kabel-delock-hdmi-a-m-na-hdmi-a-m-high-speed-sa-ethernet-4k-3m-200600237
  16. Best answer
    I would go with the Samsung, i have that model as well as one of their 4k tv sets and play on 1070 sli setup

Input lag is what i wanted less of and did quite a bit of research before buying a 4K TV and monitor and got samsung.

Input lag is almost non existent and compares well against higher end and more expensive options in that regard. (The TV on the other hand has a bit of of it)

Pip is pretty cool and colors are kind of amazing ( the only time i have had 1 billion was with a Sony TV prior)

Customer service is not good imo though so theres that
  17. Max_Settigns i buy 28" LED AOC U2879VF and im happy its amazing,i do my research before buying and Samsung have totally slightly lower performans then aoc...for gaming is aoc for Office work is Samsung
Ask a new question

Read More

Gtx GPUs LED Monitor Monitors Gigabyte