I need to build a PC specifically to browse Internet, watch YouTube and manage PDFs, need help

The computer in question will be used by my mother to browse the Internet, go to YouTube and download and print PDFs (mostly plain text on white paper, no heavy on images).

ATM she has a Packard Bell iMedia B2600IT pre-built PC. I can't find an official page with the specs. As I read around the Internet, has an Intel Celeron CPU @ 2.2Ghz, 2GB RAM DDR3 1333Mhz and an IDE HD @ 7200 RPM.

Problem is: it is slow. And I mean SLOW. It could take literally 1-2 minutes to bring up Firefox and 5 minutes to download a PDF. Honestly, I think it is strange because those operations doesn't seem demanding in terms of hardware. I do regular check-ups, antivirus scans and antimalware scans, and software-wise it is ok (it runs Windows 7 x64).

I give up with this PC, I want to build a new system from scratch. No budget limit, but obviously it needs to be as cheap as possible. Thanks in advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about build specifically browse internet watch youtube manage pdfs
  1. You need a operating system for this but would do her just fine. If she don't need much disk space I would drop that hard drive I have listed and get this SSD. http://pcpartpicker.com/product/rrvZxr/crucial-mx300-275gb-25-solid-state-drive-ct275mx300ssd1

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-4160 3.6GHz Dual-Core Processor ($119.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H-A Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($55.98 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($40.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.49 @ OutletPC)
    Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($46.97 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($18.88 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $347.29
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-06 11:31 EST-0500
Ask a new question

Read More

Computers YouTube Build Internet