2d graphics performance question

When it comes to playing youtube videos or displaying a website with flash does it really matter if say I have a Intel HD 2000 vs an Intel HD 530? Are they pretty much the same performance until you get into 3d gaming or does the HD 530 way out perform in it's ability to run higher resolution video?
4 answers Last reply
More about graphics performance question
  1. Some HD HEVC/4k files may struggle, but generally speaking 3D rendering is where you will really notice. If you get no video playback issues, like lag or stuttering, then it's good enough.
  2. Yes, there would be no difference if you are only going to do video playback and other light 3d tasks. Your Intel HD2000 will be able to play all video content, even 4k, so no worries.
  3. Jester Maroc said:
    Yes, there would be no difference if you are only going to do video playback and other light 3d tasks. Your Intel HD2000 will be able to play all video content, even 4k, so no worries.

..then you must have had a different HD2000 to me, or you weren't trying to watch true raw 4K files..
  4. You got me...I have never tried to watch RAW 4k. However, I bet most people with an Intel iGPU will not really be concerned with RAW 4k, but are rather interested in watching Bluray and compressed 1080p...which the HD2000 can easily manage. 4k compressed format playback should be possible with the HD2000.
Ask a new question

Read More

Intel CPUs Video Graphics Performance Graphics Cards HD