Solved

Built brand new PC that freezes.

I just build a brand new PC and after installing windows, I had a hard time puting on my microsoft account due to the PC either freezing or flickering. After getting the windows installed and everything setted up, I proceeded to downloading google chrome and surfing the internet as my games downloaded. The problem is it would constantly freeze for a couple of minutes and google chrome or if there is a program up it would be unresponsive. I could still move my mouse but everything is just frozen. After a few minutes or seconds it is responsive and fast. If I was using Youtube, then, the whole screen would freeze but I can hear the video and move my mouse.

Specs:
AMD FX 8350
GIGABYTE R9 380x G1 GAMING
CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz
GIGABYTE 970 GA-970A-DS3P
EVGA 600W B1 80+ BRONZE
120GB SSD KINGSTON
1TB WD 7200RPM

AVGE TEMP:
idle 40-47C
Normal 51-57C
Gaming (Max) 57-59C

I feel like it might be windows 10 that freezes but I'm not too sure. Everything is updated, GPU,MoBo and I have tried removing one ram and that didn't work.
2 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about built brand freezes
  1. Best answer
    have you updated bios and checked Gigabyte web site for drivers for motherboard?

Can you run http://www.memtest86.com/ on your ram. You don't want any errors.

windows doesn't normally cause freezes, wrong drivers or hardware causes freezes in most cases.
  2. Where did you download Windows?
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows Microsoft Gigabyte Build