Solved

Monitor Display doesn't show anything but powerbutton is blinking blue

It's been doing this for about 2 weeks now and i've been looking every where so i decided to check here. Also I don't think its my graphics card since my first monitor works.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about monitor display show powerbutton blinking blue
  1. so you have 2 monitors then so which is which?
  2. ffg7 said:
    so you have 2 monitors then so which is which?


    The second monitor doesn't work but the first one does.
  3. what is the make & model# of the monitor. regular power cord or power adapter? how old is the monitor as maybe still under warranty?
  4. ffg7 said:
    what is the make & model# of the monitor. regular power cord or power adapter? how old is the monitor as maybe still under warranty?


    It has a regular power cord, the monitor is like a couple of years old so I don't think it we be eligible for warranty, and this is the monitor that I have https://www.amazon.com/Gateway-FPD1975W-Widescreen-High-Definition-Flat-Panel/dp/B000H2PMXQ
  5. warranties are usually 3yrs so might want to see if yours is still under warranty. sounds like a domed capacitor as ran into that on my 19" Samsung Frankenstein monitor before I frankensteined it.
  6. ffg7 said:
    warranties are usually 3yrs so might want to see if yours is still under warranty. sounds like a domed capacitor as ran into that on my 19" Samsung Frankenstein monitor before I frankensteined it.


    So do you know how to fix a domed capacitor? Also this monitor is older than 3 years so warranty isn't an option.
  7. Best answer
    to fix a domed capacitor you have to replace it with another that has the same voltage & microfarads. open up the monitor & look at the power board carefully for any domed capacitors.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Monitors Displays