Solved

Need help booting up Windows 10 for the first time (Flashing underscore)

Okay, I'm not sure if this is where I should be writing this but I'm in a bit of a pickle and I need some assistance. So, I will explain my problem. I built my pc today, when I got to turning it on and installing windows is where my problem lies.
I have windows 10 on a usb stick, when I've gone to install it, I have set the priorities in the MSI bios to usb and key to the first 2. Now I had gone a bit through the windows 10 installation and up to the part where I select where I want windows to install to, I've picked the ssd. It installed and once it had installed, it said it needed to restart. Once it had restarted, it booted up to the windows 10 install again where I pick my language. At this point I thought it had messed up and was going to install again, so I turned off the pc and was gonna try it without the windows 10 usb stick. But, prioritise the ssd in the MSI bios menu, but now when I press F11 and go to pick ssd as the boot up it goes straight to a black screen with a flashing underscore in the top left ( _ ). I've tried re-adding the windows 10 usb and re-installing it but it does the same thing, and right now I'm just not sure what to do. Any help would be appreciated, THANK YOU!
1 answer Last reply Best Answer
More about booting windows time flashing underscore
  1. Best answer
    Black screen with a flashing underscore in the top left ( _ ) means that OS was not found so it seems it seems that Windows didn't install properly.
    Better to start from beginning. Set BIOS for SSD to be first boot device, use F11 to choose USB to boot from. Once it boots from it, delete all the partitions on SSD and let it install windows without touching anything any more. If you have any other drives connected, disconnect them until windows are installed and running.
Ask a new question

Read More

windows 10 MSI-Microstar