Solved

Is it safe to overclock my 60Hz monitor to 75Hz?

Hello, everyone! I have a Samsung SyncMaster P2470HD, and I was wondering if I could overclock it to 75Hz, because I heard that it makes a difference in gaming. Is there any risk of damaging my monitor? Thank you!
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about safe overclock 60hz monitor 75hz
  1. No it is definitely not safe for your monitor. I would not recommend it. If its not designed to go above 60hz I wouldn't "overclock" it.
  2. Best answer
    not all monitors will overclock

it shouldnt damage anything least cant say have heard of it cooking any ones monitor

chances are your monitor will just say out of range black screen you then revert to previous setting
  3. GuyGJ said:
    No it is definitely not safe for your monitor. I would not recommend it. If its not designed to go above 60hz I wouldn't "overclock" it.

can you show something to say its definitely not safe?

my cpu isnt meant to run at 4.7ghz but does fine my gpu is also heavily overclocked its fine

cant just say no you cant its not safe if you cant show why
  4. It's safe, if the monitor doesn't support it, it goes back to default. Try overclocking 1 Hz at a time and test for frame skipping. You also want to make sure the cable can handle a higher bandwidth.
  5. ^ agree - completely safe.
    I'd just start in 10Mhz steps and than refinement in 1Mhz.
  6. Thank you all for the answers! I will try it and tell you how it worked soon after! :)
  7. It worked, but not on 1080p, only 1050p, which is fine!
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking Syncmaster Monitors Samsung