Solved

More than 1 monitor with GTX1070?

Hi all- Need your quick advice.

I did a custom build for my son, light gamer, more into video editing, graphic design, etc, etc.

Anyway, that design had me get the GTX1070 for a video card.

I have been thinking I would like to go with a 2 or even 3 monitor setup, to blow him away!

My question, is that even possible with this video card? Is 2?

Using the i7-6800 for CPU and Asus x99 ATX-LGA2011-3 for the motherboard, if that matters to this debate.

Thank you for your input, it is greatly appreciated!!!!
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about monitor gtx1070
  1. Yes, the GTX 1070 is tottaly capable of running two or more monitors at the same time.
    If you plan on going with more than one monitor, i'd recommend three borderless monitors. That way he'll have a center monitor to look at instead of the border of the two!

Nice rig man, what a gift (:
  2. Thanks, giving it to him for his 17th birthday on sept 3rd. :-)
  3. Another quick question, do i have to worry about my rig having 3 HDMI ports? Where would those be located?
  4. Best answer
    uniman4 said:
    Another quick question, do i have to worry about my rig having 3 HDMI ports? Where would those be located?

All of the video output will be on the back of the video card. In the GTX 1070 i guess it'll be one HDMI and three DVI.

DVI don't carry sound tho, so if you want a good audio output he'll have to use a headphone conected directly to the PC's case ( mother board ) or buy a speaker and plug it in the same spot.
    Otherwise, only one of the three monitor will make sound.

Don't worry about quality, DVI and HDMI are basicaly the same in terms of Video quality, the only main difference is that HDMI transport audio in it's cable, the DVI dont.
  5. Thank you!!!
  6. uniman4 said:
    Thank you!!!

You're welcome, friend ^^
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Monitors