Solved

Can't boot Windows 10/stuck in the bios

I am absolutely at my wits end on this one. I was downloading some games on steam and minimized the window. After minimizing windows threw up a blue error screen with a percentage. It hit 100% too fast for me to read and my PC shut down. I waited 5 minutes and powered it back on to be greeted with a blinking horizontal line on the top left hand corner and nothing else. I have tried popping in the Windows installation disk and running all the repair options, I tried the "reset this PC" option (the keep my files option told me that the drive is locked and the remove everything option told me that a drive partition is missing), and I've tried removing the graphics card as well as different combinations of ram. Any help would be appreciated.
2 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about boot windows stuck bios
  1. Best answer
    From the Windows installation disk > Automatic Repair > Command Prompt > Type: CHKDSK C: /R, and press Enter... when i finishes, type Exit and try the Windows installation.
  2. Have you tried rebooting by removing your graphic card, changing Ram slots and what is your system Config?
Ask a new question

Read More

windows 10 BIOS Boot