Solved

Getting 100% disk usage when opening my corsair k70 driver (caused by service host and system and compressed memory)

Hello,

I've been having a few issues with windows recently. It took me around an hour to boot my pc due to 100% disk usage, during which windows was not responding. I decided it wasn't hardware related because my pc worked fine if it was booted in safe mode. I used sfc/scannow, dism commands, turned off 'Show me tips about windows', turned of windows defender in the policy editor (after determining it wasn't a virus by running scans with defender and Malwarebytes), running ccleaner and finally turning off my corsair k70 driver during startup which seemed to be the cause of a lot of the lag....

>Now my pc boots as usual and runs fine except when i try to run the k70 driver. If i look in my task manager 'service host' and 'system and compressed memory' are using all of the disk.

Thank you for reading. Any help is greatly appreciated
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 100 disk usage opening corsair k70 driver caused service host system compressed memory
  1. Hi

1- Write msconfig in RUN and disable all services expect Microsoft's services.
    2- Go to device manager and check there are any issue or yellow alert over there
    3- Disable k70 driver and try to reinstalling it from a official source
    4- Use kaspersky internet security (trial) and scan your hdd
    5- Use iobit systemcare or AVG tuneup or any similar app to clean and repair your windows
    6- Go to program and features and delete all of unwanted strange third party software that you've not installed them

Expecting a lot of recommend after checking this steps!
  2. Rainy_jour said:
    Hi

2- Go to device manager and check there are any issue or yellow alert over there
    5- Use iobit systemcare or AVG tuneup or any similar app to clean and repair your windows
    6- Go to program and features and delete all of unwanted strange third party software that you've not installed them

Thank you for the suggestion however i just found a fix. i was also having issues with my start button not working. One of the fixes listed on the thread was to create a new user account which not only fixed the start button but this problem aswell. I was logging in to update this post when i noticed your reply.
  3. Best answer
    Captain Pegleg said:
    Rainy_jour said:
    Hi

Thank you for the suggestion however i just found a fix. i was also having issues with my start button not working. One of the fixes listed on the thread was to create a new user account which not only fixed the start button but this problem aswell. I was logging in to update this post when i noticed your reply.

Your're welcome

There are a lot of ways.

• 1st way:

1 - Press Winkey+X then A to run CMD(admin)
    2 - write powershell
    3 - paste this ===> Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”} <===

• 2nd way : second one is very likely! Use this software : FixWin10 with 140KB size!

http://thewindowsclub.thewindowsclubco.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/FixWin-10-for-Windows-10.jpg

Get it officially from here . Run it and Go to windows 10 section. As you see in the image It has a option like this "start menu doesn't work or doesn't open"

• The worst way I've ever seen : Creating another user profile. That's inane.

(If you feel my solutions are useful and effective please choose "solved" tag and give both a vote (like!) located in right hand of the page, thanks!)
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows Boot Corsair