Solved

Sound Output from PC Help

Hi,

I am trying to get 5.1 sound when displaying my PC on my TV using a Receiver. So I am connecting both my PC and Playstation 4 to my Receiver, and then Receiver out to my TV (all using HDMI).

My question is I am not sure which sound output to use, should I use "Realtek Digital Output" or "SAMSUNG-3"? I was told my a few people to use the SAMSUNG-3. Just want to get more opinions.

Thank you!
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about sound output
  1. Which speakers do you want your sound to come from ?
  2. @xapoc

My 5.1 speakers that are connected to my Receiver. I do need/want sound coming out from my TV speakers.

Note that my PC is connected to my Receiver, and Receiver output to TV. (All using HDMI)
  3. design1314 said:
    @xapoc

My 5.1 speakers that are connected to my Receiver. I do need/want sound coming out from my TV speakers.

Note that my PC is connected to my Receiver, and Receiver output to TV. (All using HDMI)

hows pc connected to receiver
  4. xapoc said:
    design1314 said:
    @xapoc

hows pc connected to receiver

@xapoc With HDMI cable, and then HDMI cable from Receiver to TV. Because I plan to use my TV as the monitor and also get 5.1 sound from my speakers that are connected to the Receiver. Thanks.
  5. So you have HDMI out from video card to the input of the receiver then out from receiver to the input of the TV?
    and is the same HDMI used as video source or do you have another?
  6. xapoc said:
    So you have HDMI out from video card to the input of the receiver then out from receiver to the input of the TV?

Yup that is correct!!

I am not sure what you mean by "same HDMI used as video source"... Could you explain in detail? Thanks!
  7. design1314 said:
    xapoc said:
    So you have HDMI out from video card to the input of the receiver then out from receiver to the input of the TV?

same cable for audio and video

Yup that is correct!!

I am not sure what you mean by "same HDMI used as video source"... Could you explain in detail? Thanks!
  8. xapoc said:
    design1314 said:
    xapoc said:

same cable for audio and video

Yup that is correct!!

All I am using is HDMI cable. For both Audio and Video.
  9. Since you are not using onboard audio out, but nvidia which feeds you audio and video, you will use nvidia/samsung as default audio.

Also hdmi 1,2 would do the same, if you had the cable there.

Set receiver to your desired speaker configcand outputbfor TV.

If you want more sound, you can take let say optical cable out from
    tv line out, set tv sound settings to receiver and connect another audio system to it.

or

from pc hdmi output to tv hdmi input, from tv out to receiver and set tv to receiver for sound output

or

if your receiver has rca or optical input, go out from pc sound card into receiver, use video card as video output only, then set sound setting as realtek as audio out.
  10. xapoc said:
    Since you are not using onboard audio out, but nvidia which feeds you audio and video, you will use nvidia/samsung as default audio.

tv line out, set tv sound settings to receiver and connect another audio system to it.

or

from pc hdmi output to tv hdmi input, from tv out to receiver and set tv to receiver for sound output

or

if your receiver has rca or optical input, go out from pc sound card into receiver, use video card as video output only, then set sound setting as realtek as audio out.

I am going to use your first option (HDMI), do you mean that I can either use the Nvidia OR Samsung output on my PC? Thanks
  11. design1314 said:
    xapoc said:
    Since you are not using onboard audio out, but nvidia which feeds you audio and video, you will use nvidia/samsung as default audio.

or

or

I am going to use your first option (HDMI), do you mean that I can either use the Nvidia OR Samsung output on my PC? Thanks

Correct, as long as you have the hdmi cable on that port, then select it from the playback devices you have on that picture
  12. Best answer
    just select the HDMI for audio source as well. it will provide the 5.1 surround you need, same as your PS4.
  13. frank_hnd said:
    just select the HDMI for audio source as well. it will provide the 5.1 surround you need, same as your PS4.

Thanks guys! I will report back this Saturday :)
Ask a new question

Read More

TV Samsung