Solved

Realtek High Definition Audio: How to make audio come out of 2 seperate jacks

Please help, I want to use more than one so I can swap between my speakers and headphones and for them both to be plugged in.

(If not possible simultaneously, how can I make it so if I want to swap from 1 to the other I can do so through Realtek High Definition Audio?

thanks
- Jack
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about realtek high definition audio output green 5mm jack
  1. That's not how it works. The rear jacks are all one output, not separate ones!

If you want both connected, simply use the front header's headphone jack for the headphone and keep the speakers connected in the back. Most realtek drivers allow you to treat the front and back as separate outputs.
  2. basroil said:
    That's not how it works. The rear jacks are all one output, not separate ones!

If you want both connected, simply use the front header's headphone jack for the headphone and keep the speakers connected in the back. Most realtek drivers allow you to treat the front and back as separate outputs.

Hello basroil!
    Thanks, but is there a way I could make it so both are plugged into the computer at the back because my front jacks wont reach

thanks!
  3. basroil said:

I fixed my main post a bit so now it is worded better on what I'm asking :)
  4. Best answer
    You can not use both headphones and speakers on the rear panel.
    What usually done is connecting the speakers to the rear panel, and headphones to the front panel.
    Further, you can configure what happens when you connect the headphones - independent output or mute speakers.
  5. Jacko_ said:
    basroil said:

I fixed my main post a bit so now it is worded better on what I'm asking :)

My answer not only stands, but n0ns3ns3 just repeated it nearly verbatim as well... :sarcastic:

You must use the front and back, if you need to buy an extension cable go ahead, they are only $3
  6. My solution to this was to buy a 3.5mm splitter that allows you to plug two 3.5mm jacks into the one output. Both the speakers and the headphone would be active at the same time. My speakers have their own volume control knob, and my headset has an inline volume control so you can set them at seperate volumes as you need to. The adaptor is approx $5.
Ask a new question

Read More

Speakers Realtek Green Audio Headphones