Solved

Help! My pc crashes everytime I try to boot

Watch video to see it crashes like this every time

https://youtu.be/Acjk9p1iugI

My specs
AMD FX 8320
R9 380x brand new actually
8 gigs of ram
600 w power supply
M5a97 r2 motherboard
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about crashes everytime boot
  1. Best answer
    john2127 said:
    Watch video to see it crashes like this every time

    https://youtu.be/Acjk9p1iugI

    My specs
    AMD FX 8320
    R9 380x brand new actually
    8 gigs of ram
    600 w power supply
    M5a97 r2 motherboard


    Hi John. :)

    Did you remember to uninstall the previous GPU driver prior to installing the R9 380x.?
    If not then this may be due to an incorrect driver issue.
    Do you have the ability to boot into safe mode.? If so then delete the old driver and install the driver for your new card.

    Please also list the PSU manufacturer and tier level.
  2. I didn't do that actually. I have a corsair cx 600
  3. My keyboard and mouse over one work in safe mode any ideas?
  4. john2127 said:
    I didn't do that actually. I have a corsair cx 600


    The PSU is OK wattage wise however it is a Bronze rated unit and usually meant for general purpose usage. If you intend OCing or expanding your system then I recommend an upgrade.
  5. john2127 said:
    My keyboard and mouse over one work in safe mode any ideas?


    If your keyboard and mouse are USB devices then changes in Bios will be required.
    Do you not have a PS2 connectable keyboard and mouse to use or maybe borrow.?
  6. I'm resetting my computer I put my old graphics card in and I can boot it normally. I went to bios settings and made sure I can use keyboard and mouse it still didn't let me use them. This is weird and never happens to me ever
  7. And no I don't have any ps2 keyboards or mice
  8. john2127 said:
    I'm resetting my computer I put my old graphics card in and I can boot it normally. I went to bios settings and made sure I can use keyboard and mouse it still didn't let me use them. This is weird and never happens to me ever


    Unfortunately I'm not familiar with your Bios, however does your Bios have CSM support module.? check this and see if it's enabled.
    Sometimes changing to different USB ports works.
    You can try to reset CMOS and see if that helps.

    Anyhow if you get into your system with the old card and can use you keyboard and mouse, Go to Device Manager and remove the old driver, get the latest driver for your new card and install that.
  9. Okay I'm resetting the system now with my new card will it automatically delete old drivers or should I make sure the old ones are deleted and download new ones
  10. I could boot with old card but mouse and keyboard wouldn't work so I'm resetting the system with the new card
  11. john2127 said:
    Okay I'm resetting the system now with my new card will it automatically delete old drivers or should I make sure the old ones are deleted and download new ones


    No it will not delete the old drivers when you reset, that has to be done in windows.

    When in Windows, go to Device Manager and sellect your GPU driver and uninstall it.
    Get the latest driver from the manufacturers web site and install that. Then install the New card and reboot your system.
  12. We have a boot! Resetting did the trick thanks for the ideas m8 I'll be upgrading my psu soon.
  13. In the video I ment to say overclocked my processor to 4.4ghz, I didn't overclock my gpu. But thanks again
  14. john2127 said:
    We have a boot! Resetting did the trick thanks for the ideas m8 I'll be upgrading my psu soon.


    That's an excellent outcome John and glad you have it sorted.
Ask a new question

Read More

Crash Processors RAM Boot Displays Graphics Cards