Solved

8ms 75hz vs 4ms 60hz

I want to upgrade my monitor to 27 inch because im still using 19 inch monitor. My current monitor is 19 inch with a resolution of 1280 x 1024 8ms 75hz. I want to buy a 27 inch monitor below 200 euros and i noticed that almost all of them has responsetime below 5ms but 60hz. I tried to put my monitor to 60hz and i noticed that its not smooth now im afraid if i bought a 27 inch monitor with 60hz its not smooth enough when i game. i mostly play bf4 so my gpu can handle 100+fps on high settings.
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 8ms 75hz 4ms 60hz
  1. Best answer
    The smoothness of games, if your GPU can press more than 60 fps, is smoother on 75Hz than on 60Hz.
    Monitor refresh rate means also the max fps it can display.
    Your 60Hz monitor can only display 60 fps, no matter how many the PC can produce.
    your 75Hz monitor can ony display 75 fps, no matter how many the PC can produce.
    Smoothness-wise, there is a relative significant jump from 60 hz to 75 Hz, if your PC can produce at least 75 fps.
    Yes, what you are seeing or worrying is true, theoretically.

100 fps? on the 1280x1024? You will see that your PC delivers a lot less fps on the 27" monitor, since it will have a lot more pixel to control. I am assuming that you are considering a 1080p 27" monitor.

How less smooth it will be, you need to see it with your own eyes....however....
    1 thing is for sure, the benefits for going 27" 1080p from 1280x1024 are huuuuuge.
    I would say...go for it...the benefits overshadow the cons by far!

You would perhaps need to upgrade the GPU too, try it first tho'.
    I am estimating that your PC can still deliver at least 55fps, probably more.

BTW,
    If you play mainly games like BF4, CS:GO, etc., I would get better a 24" 1080p 144Hz monitor.
    If your PC can deliver 100fps or more, everything will smooth as butter.
  2. guanyu210379 said:
    The smoothness of games, if your GPU can press more than 60 fps, is smoother on 75Hz than on 60Hz.
    Your 60Hz monitor can only display 60 fps, no matter how many the PC can produce.
    your 75Hz monitor can ony display 75 fps, no matter how many the PC can produce.
    Smoothness-wise, there is a relative significant jump from 60 hz to 75 Hz, if your PC can produce at least 75 fps.

100 fps? on the 1280x1024? You will see that your PC delivers a lot less fps on the 27" monitor, since it will have a lot more pixel to control. I am assuming that you are considering a 1080p 27" monitor.

How less smooth it will be, you need to see it with your own eyes....however....
    1 thing is for sure, the benefits for going 27" 1080p from 1280x1024 are huuuuuge.

BTW,
    If you play mainly games like BF4, CS:GO, etc., I would get better a 24" 1080p 144Hz monitor.

Thank for the reply:). Im not gonna upgrade my gpu because i have gtx 960 and im gonna wait until the price of gtx 980ti drops. Im just gonna buy the 27 inch 60hz 1080p for now because gaming on small square monitor is pretty horrible :fou:
  3. guanyu210379 said:

BTW,

ive found this video of linus https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWEpIwNDeCA it seems like 60hz is enough. I think its just my monitor is really bad
  4. I went or 1080p 24" a few years ago also from 19" 1280x1024.
    It was a wow! upgrade.
    You will ike it, I am sure of it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Screen Resolution Vertical Sync Resolution Monitors HD