Asus z87-A ATX
Kingston 8GB (2x4gb) cl9 1600 mhz
intel core i5 4670k 3,4 ghz
MSI geforce gtx 780 3gb
beQuiet pure power l8 630W
Windows 10 64 bit
2 TB seagate
120 gb ssd

Monitor losing signal and gpu fans go 100% after shutting down a graphics intense game. Played total war Warhammer for 2 hours straight, no problem. But when i shut down it went black, lost signal and the gpu fans went crazy. Had to hard reset to make it work again. Computer starts, gpu fans still real loud, and no signal from the graphics card. If i plug in my integrated mobo gpu it works and i enter windows. Device manager tells me i dont have an actual gpu. Turn off the psu, wait 10 mins or more. The graphics card works again, and the same process repeats. Its the same with all the games ive tried, aswell as benchmarks. When trying the same thing with integrated gpu, everyting works as it should!

I have:

- Checked the temps while stress testing, cpu tops at 55, gpu at 80 (while running heaven benchmarking tool)

- Blown the dust out of the chassi

- Changed pcie slot

- reset cmos

- uninstall gpu drivers, and clean new install with older drivers that worked before

Note: The problem started after i moved the computer, but as usual, i was very careful with it, and it have been moved before.

Suggestions?
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about monitor losing signal gpu fans 100 shutting game
  1. Hello... Sound like Over heating... as "Simple TEST" remove a cover from your case... and check GPU and CPU temps like this.
  2. Ironsounds said:
    Hello... Sound like Over heating... as "Simple TEST" remove a cover from your case... and check GPU and CPU temps like this.

Alright, i will! But shouldnt it crash when the game is running when it as most performance heavy? Not when you exit? Seems weird. And the gpu temp never exceded 80 while running heaven stress test for over an hour. When i was done, and shut the program down, well then the computer acted up. Weird. But i will try!
  3. No overheating. Temps stable at 80 on the gpu and 55 on the cpu!
  4. Hello...are you water cooling the CPU?
  5. Nope! Air cooling all the way!
  6. Best answer
    Hello... if you can boot to Windows, we Can look at shutdown errors together... B /

You NEED to be logged on as administrator to the OS...

let's see what the OS is reporting as the error... Right click computer-manage-SystemTools-Windows logs-system.... Click on the "RED" errors, for more information... and files/drivers/Apps, comments/suggestions/information associated with them B )

Posting screen images from here will help me, help you faster... But copy and posting text will work too B )
Ask a new question

Read More

GPUs Monitors