Solved

Blue screen of death inaccessible_boot_drive after resetting windows 10 pc

Today I reset my windows 10 PC, and after a few hours a blue screen comes up that says "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart it for you". and then the error thing is innaccessible_boot_drive. It's just constantly restarting and the same message pops up. What do I do to fix it?
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about blue screen death inaccessible boot drive resetting windows
  1. access the bios and see if it can see the hard drive. Either make it or Windows boot manager top item.

Microsoft link
  2. With sata drives I am new to the bios needs to have the correct drive identified as the boot drive first CD drive second and disable the rest this is in the boot section only in the first section of the bios all your harddrives need to be found and read but the boot section only requires the bootable drive.
  3. Best answer
    with window 8 & 10 you put the windows boot manager first as it is what knows what drive to boot off, it all depends on if you have UEFI boot or legacy. Some boards can do both.
  4. i booted into safe mode then into normal and it worked for me
  5. Wehzrd said:
    Today I reset my windows 10 PC, and after a few hours a blue screen comes up that says "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart it for you". and then the error thing is innaccessible_boot_drive. It's just constantly restarting and the same message pops up. What do I do to fix it?

Check your bios that you are booting to the correct drive, check if your Hdd is faulty or if your boot files are faulty wouldn't hurt to check hdd for any virus in the boot sector and when you post a problen add your windows model 10 home/ pro MB type/model ram , 32/64 bit so that guyd that can help you have all the info they need. I had a problem and my problem was the clock timing of the ram the spec for my MB said it would run at a certain spec and I found with all ram banks full to the max spec it wouldn't run so I had to back off the clock speed of thr ran by one notch then it ran. But your problem has a different code to mine it took me about 3 months to sort mine so good luck.
  6. does the f8 work at start up in the blue screen.
  7. You may have also lost some files when you reset it that can happen.
  8. kombivan said:
    does the f8 work at start up in the blue screen.

F8 doesn't work in win 10 unless you have done a step 1st to enable it. It is turned off by default otherwise you either have to force PC into automatic repair or use a installer to get to the menus safe mode is hiding in. And if you getting this error windows isn't even loading and is stuck at the boot loader, so only choice is to use the installer to get into advanced start up.
Ask a new question

Read More

windows 10 Blue Screen Boot