Boot issues and shutdown issues on a good pc, over 1 year its been doing that.

OK so this has been a frustrating issue since day 1. I bought the parts and i dont have much knowledge hardware wise on building pcs so i had went to a pc shop to have them build it for me. But after almost a month of incompatible part switches and problem fixing, i built it. Then a new issue rised. Windows sometimes boots but most of the time it doesnt. It just displays the asrock logo and stays there. I have a relatively good pc and shouldnt have issues. But when windows does boot, theres always issues. Like blue screens. Sometimes its whea_uncorrectable_error or sometimes the screen freezes for a brief moment then a little notification appears in the bottom right corner saying that the card stopped responding but as successfully recovered. I cant fully use my pc because of these issues. Its like i dont get to choose when i can use the computer, the computer decides.
Specs -------> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Zdjwxr
I also have a little youtube channel ----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXipYxivy3jZK7xaCVRYg-A
check my videos and you can see that sometimes its working fine

Here are pictures, note that the one with the asrock logo is the problem. http://pho.to/A7cJ7

Pc just loaded but after about 5 minutes of use, this happend http://pho.to/A7cLD
17 answers Last reply
More about boot issues shutdown issues good year
  1. can you upload dump files to a cloud service and share the links?

can you download this and run a scan: http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed
    it will look at error logs and give us some clue as to what is causing the errors

Paste results here so we can help.

relatively good pc? 6 core, 4 way SLI of titan x... if that is only good, hate to see amazing :)

WHEA errors are hardware errors. WHEA stands for Windows Hardware error Architecture so if you show us the details we should be able to work out whats wrong.
  2. Colif said:
    can you upload dump files to a cloud service and share the links?

it will look at error logs and give us some clue as to what is causing the errors

relatively good pc? 6 core, 4 way SLI of titan x... if that is only good, hate to see amazing :)

WHEA errors are hardware errors. WHEA stands for Windows Hardware error Architecture so if you show us the details we should be able to work out whats wrong.

So sorry for replying late, my email update system wasnt working. But yea it did boot up for like 10 minutes and if it boots up ill install that and tell the results.
  3. that bugcheck will be hardware related: Ie, overheating, overclocking or power.
    often happens if you do not have proper power to the GPU. I would check the power connections to each of the GPU cards and make sure they are all providing proper power. (the modular connectors wires can slip out of the plastic sleeves when you plug them in and you get a bad power connection)

the memory dump file might provide a clue to the cause of the problem.
  4. johnbl said:
    that bugcheck will be hardware related: Ie, overheating, overclocking or power.
    often happens if you do not have proper power to the GPU. I would check the power connections to each of the GPU cards and make sure they are all providing proper power. (the modular connectors wires can slip out of the plastic sleeves when you plug them in and you get a bad power connection)

do you think my powersupply is sufficient enough?
  5. also the power supply has overload protection and it can shut down the system. I once put a good power supply in to a system, it kept shutting down so I put a crappy one in to test with. it did not shut down but the PCI/e slot for the graphics card was shorted and the motherboard and the GPU had a little melt down. A power supply can tell the motherboard logic of a problem and the motherboard can tell the CPU to reset and this can cause the bugcheck 0x124.

check the connectors to and from the power supply and the GPU. rather than the actual power supply.
    also put up the memory dump file and I can look at the windows internal error codes for you if you like.
    it will indicate why the CPU shut down the system.

amandeeps222 said:
    johnbl said:

6. johnbl said:
    check the connectors to and from the power supply and the GPU. rather than the actual power supply.
    also put up the memory dump file and I can look at the windows internal error codes for you if you like.

amandeeps222 said:
    johnbl said:

im trying to get it to boot
  7. johnbl said:

its not even booting up to windows 10, how am i supposed to install the software
  8. be sure to reset the BIOS to defaults so that it will rescan and rebuild the database of hardware settings.
    that it will send to windows.

amandeeps222 said:
    johnbl said:

amandeeps222 said:
    johnbl said:

9. johnbl said:
    be sure to reset the BIOS to defaults so that it will rescan and rebuild the database of hardware settings.

amandeeps222 said:
    johnbl said:

amandeeps222 said:
    johnbl said:

How do i reset the BIOS?
  10. just go into the bios and change any setting and set it back. (I assume your bios was already updated)
    when the bios detects a change it will rescan the hardware and rebuild the database of settings. you could also update it or reset it to defaults and do the same thing.

amandeeps222 said:
    johnbl said:
    be sure to reset the BIOS to defaults so that it will rescan and rebuild the database of hardware settings.

amandeeps222 said:
    johnbl said:

amandeeps222 said:
    johnbl said:

How do i reset the BIOS?
  11. johnbl said:
    just go into the bios and change any setting and set it back. (I assume your bios was already updated)
    when the bios detects a change it will rescan the hardware and rebuild the database of settings. you could also update it or reset it to defaults and do the same thing.

amandeeps222 said:
    johnbl said:

amandeeps222 said:
    johnbl said:

amandeeps222 said:
    johnbl said:

How do i reset the BIOS?

i reset everything to default and its still stuck on the asrock logo
  12. please note: many motherboard vendors put up new/ corrected sound and LAN drivers right after windows 10 shipped. If the motherboard designer used non default chip settings you would need to pick up these drivers right after you install windows 10.

I would try only one GPU, reset the BIOS again and see if you can get it to attempt into winodows.
    I would make sure that the BIOS was updated and that the PCI/e bus was not overclocked. (100MHz as a default)
    if the GPU is a overclocked version you might have to overclock the PCI/e bus slighty to match the card.

the error that something stopped responding can be from your video or from your sata controller in certain cases.
    when windows detects that hardware failed to respond it will attempt to reset it to get a response, if that fails it will call a bugcheck. the video has like a 2 second timeout, the sata controller should be 30 seconds by default.

you can change the timeouts in windows registry but often the failure to respond in the video is often a conflict between the hardware settings used by the motherboard sound system and the HD sound support in the video driver. In this case you might be able to go into BIOS and disable the motherboard sound system and get it to boot.

amandeeps222 said:
    johnbl said:
    just go into the bios and change any setting and set it back. (I assume your bios was already updated)

amandeeps222 said:
    johnbl said:

amandeeps222 said:
    johnbl said:

amandeeps222 said:
    johnbl said:

How do i reset the BIOS?

i reset everything to default and its still stuck on the asrock logo
  13. Colif said:

Sorry for a very late reply but i ran the scan when i could, here are the pictures, this happened right before the pc froze
    http://pho.to/A7deo
  14. Your bugcheck indicates a uncorrectable pci express error

amandeeps222 said:
    Colif said:

Sorry for a very late reply but i ran the scan when i could, here are the pictures, this happened right before the pc froze
  15. no need to apologise for time, we helping you.. take your time..

I will let john help you out, he will get to bottom of this faster than I will.
  16. johnbl said:
    Your bugcheck indicates a uncorrectable pci express error

amandeeps222 said:
    Colif said:

john? havent heard from you this computer is getting increasingly frustrating
  17. I would need to look at the actual copy of the memory dump rather than a photo.
    I put them in the windows debugger and dump the actual windows reported error info.

you can put it on a server, make sure it is marked as public and post a link.

amandeeps222 said:
    johnbl said:
    Your bugcheck indicates a uncorrectable pci express error

amandeeps222 said:
    Colif said:

john? havent heard from you this computer is getting increasingly frustrating
Ask a new question

Read More

ASrock 4 way SLI Boot Failure windows 10 Blue Screen Graphics Cards