Solved

Windows 10 GeForce GTX 560 Ti, detects 2nd monitor but nothing display

I was running Windows 7 and did a wipe of my hard drive and loaded Window 10 education edition. Windows 10 was able to detect my graphics card and did the installation.
When I go into display settings (also NVIDIA control panel), I see both monitors listed. But on my 2nd monitor (monitor 2), nothing is displayed. I am able to extend my desktop and move my mouse all the way to the right etc.

I Have tried changing the resolution (went lowest and went to 1024x768 which was my settings on Win 7) and tried changing the refresh rate. Monitor 2 is still blank. I then tried going to the NVIDIA website and download the latest drivers and install it and reboot, still blank screen.

SO I don't know what else to do???? THe monitor is working, it was working on win 7 before I did the format.
1 answer Last reply Best Answer
More about windows geforce gtx 560 detects 2nd monitor display
  1. Best answer
    Hi,

Just to verify the 2nd monitor is completely blank or just black and it doesn't display anything right? Please do try doing a clean install of the Nvidia graphics card driver.
    - Start by uninstalling the Nvidia graphics card driver from Device Manager.
    - Next is to open Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to Nvidia.
    - Once done, download and install the latest driver.
    - Here's the link: nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
    - Reboot the laptop once the driver has been installed.
    - Do set Nvidia as the default GPU once the laptop has restarted.
    - After the reboot do press the Windows key + P at the same time and select either Extended or Duplicate display then press Enter.

Hopefully this will help. :)
Ask a new question

Read More

windows 10 Graphics Monitors Displays