Solved

Which monitor is better for gaming & video editing

So I want to upgrade my current monitor and I've found 2 different ones that seem to be a good choice but I don't know which one to pick. The price difference doesn't really matter to me, nor does the screen size. I just want to know which one is the better deal.

The two monitors are:

24'' Benq GL2460HM: http://www.ncix.com/detail/benq-gl2460hm-24in-led-1920x1080-1b-95040-1101.htm
($189.98)

23'' ASUS VS 238H-P: http://www.ncix.com/detail/asus-vs238h-p-23in-widescreen-led-fe-64581-1101.htm
($185.98 *After rebate $165.98*)

I'll be purchasing 2 monitors and I'll be using them for gaming and video editing.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about monitor gaming video editing
  1. Best answer
    Hey Skorche,

I wil 10/10 go for the Benq. They both have a ms of 2. Altough the Benq has allot more reviews, and is more popular on the internet, comparing this to the asus one. The border on the Benq is much "smaller" and looking better. And the Benq got DVI-D HDMI VGA (D-sub) and the asus got HDMI D-sub DVI-D so i would 10/10 go for the benq :D

o/
  2. I'd actually go for the Asus if only for the fact that it's cheaper by $25.

Also the Asus apparently has a better contrast ratio through the Asus 'Smart Contrast Ratio', claiming a ratio of 50M:1, compared to the BenQ's dynamic contrast ratio of 12M:1.

Only other noticeable difference is that the BenQ's screen is 1'' larger.
  3. Hyboria said:
    I'd actually go for the Asus if only for the fact that it's cheaper by $25.

Also the Asus apparently has a better contrast ratio through the Asus 'Smart Contrast Ratio', claiming a ratio of 50M:1, compared to the BenQ's dynamic contrast ratio of 12M:1.

I agree with the 12M:1 and the 50M:1 difference. But if you would go for the price. Stick with the not know Asus, otherwise i would go for the Benq.
  4. Dion__ said:
    Hey Skorche,

I wil 10/10 go for the Benq. They both have a ms of 2. Altough the Benq has allot more reviews, and is more popular on the internet, comparing this to the asus one. The border on the Benq is much "smaller" and looking better. And the Benq got DVI-D HDMI VGA (D-sub) and the asus got HDMI D-sub DVI-D so i would 10/10 go for the benq :D

o/

Probably going to go with Benq to be honest, don't mind the price, plus it has 1" more of screen haha
  5. Hyboria said:
    I'd actually go for the Asus if only for the fact that it's cheaper by $25.

Does the smart contrast ratio really make a difference in gaming or video editing?
  6. Yes, blacker blacks!
  7. Well thank you everyone who replied, I guess I am going to go with the Benq monitor
Ask a new question

Read More

BenQ Gaming Video Editing Monitors Deal