Solved

Which Be A Better Choice For The Best Gaming Monitor For 2K And 4K

Hello everyone,

just need your guys help in looking for a awesome gaming monitor. Right now I got a Samsung 28ich 4K monitor but would like a gaming one. Hear people saying if you have the money, gaming monitors are best way to go. So should I be going for a 2K gaming one, which allows me to run everything at max settings and keep the cost down or go for a 4K but won't have everything at max which is the MXAA etc (is it really worth it?)

My problem right now is this, I have this Samsung 4k monitor, and I can't play Rainbow Six Siege at max 4k. I can max everything BUT i can't do the MXAA or TSAA at MAX settings. It needs 8.1GB of video memory. So I was thinking best to get a 2k?? I just want every game I play at MAX settings, and looks amazing. I don't really care of cost too much but i would like to get the best value.

Here is my rig:

CPU: i7-6700K
GPU: Two 980TI'S in SLI
PSU: GOLD 1300W
RAM: 32GB DDR4
SSD: Samsung Evo 850 SSD 500GB

just don't know which monitor to go for and would I be happy with 2k? Also is 2k gaming monitors better and looks nicer than my basic 4k monitor?
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about choice gaming monitor
  1. Personally I would go for 1440p 144hz ips monitor, gaming one that is, you will push high fps so the 144hz will be utilized, not to mention those monitors come with GSync.
  2. Gingerbread said:
    Personally I would go for 1440p 144hz ips monitor, gaming one that is, you will push high fps so the 144hz will be utilized, not to mention those monitors come with GSync.

Which modles would you go for?
  3. Well either the Acer Predator XB270HU or the ASUS PG279Q, both 1440p, 144hz, 1ms, 27", GSync. However personally I prefer the Asus, even though they are pretty similar. So just get the one you prefer/you can get cheaper/has better customer service.
  4. Gingerbread said:
    Well either the Acer Predator XB270HU or the ASUS PG279Q, both 1440p, 144hz, 1ms, 27", GSync. However personally I prefer the Asus, even though they are pretty similar. So just get the one you prefer/you can get cheaper/has better customer service.

what about ASUS ROG PG278Q? Doesn't seem any big different's, other than it's cheaper than the ASUS ROG PG279Q
  5. Best answer
    Well the difference is that the 278Q is TN while the 279Q is IPS and IPS provides way better picture quality and viewing angles.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Monitors