Help! Asus m5a99fx pro r2.0 or Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 or MSI 990fxa Gaming

My motherboard Gigabyte 970a-ds3p rev 1.0 recently died last week and i cannot seem to pick a mobo it is much harder than i thought. :( I would love some expert help in this :) Im new to these forums but have been reading them for weeks during my diagnostics of my pc.

Gigabyte 970a-ds3p mobo (broke)
AMD fx-8320 3.5 ghx cpu
16gb PNY 1866 ram 2x8
850w Corsair psu 80+ Cert
Standard 1t HD

I plan on going up to a higher cpu later hopefully a 9xxx series. I do not tinker with OC'ing because i am scared of it. Anyhelp would be much appreciated. :)

THe three boards i am considering are as follows
MSI 990fxa Gaming
Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0
Asus m5a99fx pro r2.0
13 answers Last reply
More about asus m5a99fx pro asus sabertooth 990fx msi 990fxa gaming
  1. Kick the MSI one out of the candidate list.

Then for the rest, depends on how much you want to pay for.
  2. The price doesn't matter much to me just need a reliable mobo that will last
  3. Exactly. MSI isn't the reliable brand it is now when the 990FX board was released.
    Then the other 2 motherboard is up to you. Both of them are just as reliable, but the price difference is huge. That part's up to you. Cheap? The M5A99FX Rev. 2.0. Expensive? Sabertooth.
  4. okcnaline said:
    Exactly. MSI isn't the reliable brand it is now when the 990FX board was released.
    Then the other 2 motherboard is up to you. Both of them are just as reliable, but the price difference is huge. That part's up to you. Cheap? The M5A99FX Rev. 2.0. Expensive? Sabertooth.

About my current mobo im not sure if it is messed up just assuming. I can boot up all the way into windows and it runs for a bit no telling how long. I ran memtest on ram tested the psu both of which are new and tested the gpu i cant seem to figure out why this is happening i also wiped the HD and reinstalled windows still freezes and boots down.

GB 970a-ds3p
    amd fx 8320 3.5ghz
    pny 16gb ram
    850 corsair 80+ psu
    windows 10
    120mm liquid cooling

also while playing games the cpu temp was around 62c i have no idea anymore i ran through the checklist here for no video/ display on boot thing sorry for bothering you
  5. Um... 62°C is a bit high for CPU temp.
  6. okcnaline said:
    Um... 62°C is a bit high for CPU temp.

yah i figured but i cannot figure out why i have a pushand pull 120mm liquid cooling system but its actually shutting down prior to even 40c most of the time

comp is idle at 17c atm the 62c was durring a very intenssive stress test for 1 hour
  7. What PSU?
  8. okcnaline said:
    What PSU?

Corsair cx850m
  9. How many years have it been when you built the computer?
  10. okcnaline said:
    How many years have it been when you built the computer?

Just 1 1/2
  11. Hm... Maybe you'll want to find someone to measure the wattage on the capacitors inside the PSU. Capxon's been known to fail earlier than other companies.
    As for the motherboard, if it really fails with the PSU, then you'd want the M5A99FX Rev 2 and a decent PSU.
  12. okcnaline said:
    Hm... Maybe you'll want to find someone to measure the wattage on the capacitors inside the PSU. Capxon's been known to fail earlier than other companies.
    As for the motherboard, if it really fails with the PSU, then you'd want the M5A99FX Rev 2 and a decent PSU.

I ordered the asus cross hair v formula z mobo and a 9xxxx cpu thanks for the help also a evga 750w psu 80+ gold
  13. FX-9xx0? Maybe you'll need a new cooler then...
    And you're welcome!
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Gigabyte Motherboards