Digital Output Sound problem
The problem I am facing is that my audio directly goes to my Realtek digital output instead of my USB headphones. When I open the volume mixer the headphones show the application that is playing sound but digital output also shows the program but displays the green bar signifying that sound is playing. I have tired setting the headphones as the default audio output device and reinstalling my realtek drivers. Nothing has worked. How do I get the audio to play to the headphones?
Do try these troubleshooting steps that may do the trick.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the sound card driver.
- Reboot your PC once uninstalled and that should reinstall the driver automatically and if doesn't download and install the latest driver there is.
- Also if your headphone came in with a CD Driver, uninstall the old driver you've installed and install the driver once again.
- Reboot your PC for all the changes to take effect.
- After the reboot open Playback Devices again and make sure to set your USB Headset as the default sound device.