My entire Taskbar on Windows 10 is not clickable and is dead! How do i fix this?

I can not left/right click on ANYTHING on my taskbar no matter what i click on. I can not add or remove icons on my taskbar, can not anything to my taskbar. It is as if my tasbar is completely dead and is a ghost. I guess Windows 10 will be worse than 8 huh? I tried doing that stupid Pusching Windows key + R to open something called PowerShell than type in a bunch or commands but it just says Error that command is not possible. So what is up with this???? I can not look at my Files, Pictures, or anything on my PC because of my Taskbar dying. SO all i have is my Desktop icons and no file explorer.
11 answers Last reply
More about entire taskbar windows clickable dead fix
  1. windows + e should get you an explorer window open.

windows x and windows i might do something useful. but fixing the problem, not sure.
  2. I had that happen to me yesterday i just restarted the computer and let everything load 100% before i clicked on the task bar
  3. 13thmonkey said:
    windows + e should get you an explorer window open.

windows x and windows i might do something useful. but fixing the problem, not sure.

None of those things did anything. My windows key does not work either because where the taskbar does not work it does not allow it to work either it says error when i push windows key.
  4. what, the key on the keyboard?
  5. 13thmonkey said:
    what, the key on the keyboard?

Yes and i tried 6 Keybaords as of now and none work with the windows key
  6. 13thmonkey said:
    what, the key on the keyboard?

Please help i do not want to throw away my SSD and buy a new windows key :(
  7. I have no answers, and why would you have to throw away your SSD and get a new key?
  8. 13thmonkey said:
    I have no answers, and why would you have to throw away your SSD and get a new key?

because it clearly wont work on that SSD if i tried everything
  9. reinstall from scratch, there is no way that an ssd can cause that symptom.
  10. did you lock your task bar?
  11. Thanks guys but i had to format my entire SSD and reinstall W8.1 than wait for the W10 update to arrive for me and i updated it now it runs good. Its just that the Windows Search thing takes 30 minutes to search for anything. Other than that its all good now.
Ask a new question

Read More

windows 10 Taskbar Operating Systems Software