Solved

No Display after installing new graphics card

Hello all! I'm new here and after much troubleshooting and searching, I'm at my wit's end.

Just yesterday I installed a new power supply and graphics card to my pre-built Lenovo H520. After plugging in the graphics card to my monitor using a DVI-VGA adapter, nothing would show up, not even BIOS. It doesn't say there's no signal, it's just that the screen is black. After disconnecting the power to the card and then connecting my monitor to my mobo, everything works just fine.

Firstly, here are the specs of my comp. Let me know if you need anything else.

The power supply I just installed is an EVGA 600W Bronze Power Supply, and the graphics card I am trying to install is a Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX. Pretty outdated, but I got it for free from a friend, who has not used it from what I know.
Edit: Oops, it's actually EVGA, not Nvidia.

Things I have tried:
-Unplugging and replugging the two power connectors to the video card
-Reseating
-Going into BIOS and selecting PEG for video settings
-Disabling the integrated graphics driver
-Trying both DVI ports

This is my first time installing anything on a PC, so I wouldn't be surprised if I messed up the seating somehow, but I feel like everything is plugged in correctly, since the fan is on, and my monitor is just black. If nothing was connected, it would say searching. Is it a compatibility issue with my mobo and the graphics card or something? Anyways, I would very much appreciate any input I could receive on this! For hours I've tried to search for this problem myself on this site but I'm afraid it's very specific this time :/
2 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about display installing graphics card
  1. Best answer
    Make sure your dvi adapter is a dvi-i adapter
    Try these bios settings:
  2. popatim said:
    Make sure your dvi adapter is a dvi-i adapter
    Try these bios settings:

I don't know how but this worked! Thank you so much!

Also, I used a DVI-A adapter, but I assume that's fine because the port was DVI-I, which can take in either analog/digital.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Monitors Graphics Cards Graphics Displays