Solved

AMD Radeon R7 200 Series Driver Updated - Now Screen Resolution Messed Up

Hey everyone. So i just recently updated my graphics card driver and after doing so, my computer screen, still set at 1920x1080, has a black margin around my entire monitor. So in a sense, my computer screen resolution is at 1920x1080p but my monitor (Asus VS248 LCD) is not viewing it correctly. This happened when I first got my computer and monitor setup for the first time. In that case I was able to use the menu button on my monitor, go to Image, and then change the position. So i was stretching the image up and out to fit the monitor screen. I for some reason cannot do that now as it doesnt give me the option when I go to menu and image. So, I was curious what I can do to fix this issue. If you have any information that could help that would be appreciated. Thanks
2 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about amd radeon 200 series driver updated screen resolution messed
  1. Best answer
    Doing it in the monitor menu is the wrong way! Right click on a free space on the desktop instead and start the Catalyst control center. Under "my digital screen" you will find a parameter for the over-/underscan-percentage. Change that and the black margin will be gone.
  2. noidea_77 said:
    Doing it in the monitor menu is the wrong way! Right click on a free space on the desktop instead and start the Catalyst control center. Under "my digital screen" you will find a parameter for the over-/underscan-percentage. Change that and the black margin will be gone.

Oh My God! I cant believe I missed that! Thank you so much.
Ask a new question

Read More

Screen Resolution Computers AMD Graphics Graphics Cards Monitors Radeon