can my system support the following upgrade : 2gb ddr2 ram and xfx ati hd 5450 2gb ddr3 gpu ??

Hi guys, this is my first post, so bear with me plzz !!.....my system specs : core 2 duo E4400 2.00 ghz , mobo : Mercury PI945GZD , 2gb ddr2 ram installed in one slot , another slot is free , and its running win 7 ultimate 32-bit.........I'm planning to upgrade my system by adding another 2gb ddr2 ram in the free slot and adding a xfx ati hd 5450 2gb ddr3 gpu !!....will my system support this upgrade ??.....plss help me out guys !!.......i'm really new to these , so plss bear with me !!
4 answers Last reply
More about system support upgrade 2gb ddr2 ram xfx ati 5450 2gb ddr3 gpu
  1. Yes the system should support this upgrade but your system is quite old and weak so doing a total upgrade would be a much better option because games now a days are really demanding.
  2. prit87 said:
    Yes the system should support this upgrade but your system is quite old and weak so doing a total upgrade would be a much better option because games now a days are really demanding.

Thank u prit87......but will my mobo support this upgrade ?? i did a research on my mobo and it says that it can support only upto 4gb of ram....what does that exactly mean ?? so if i install a total of 4 gb of ram ( 2gb in 2 slots) and add a ati hd 5450 2gb gpu , will it be fully utilised ??.......and will win 7 32-bit support this upgrade in memory ??.......plss elaborate me of these
  3. bulldozer993 said:
    prit87 said:
    Yes the system should support this upgrade but your system is quite old and weak so doing a total upgrade would be a much better option because games now a days are really demanding.

Thank u prit87......but will my mobo support this upgrade ?? i did a research on my mobo and it says that it can support only upto 4gb of ram....what does that exactly mean ?? so if i install a total of 4 gb of ram ( 2gb in 2 slots) and add a ati hd 5450 2gb gpu , will it be fully utilised ??.......and will win 7 32-bit support this upgrade in memory ??.......plss elaborate me of these

If your board says it supports 4 gb of memory then you cannot use any more than that makes sence because back in the days 4 gb was considered very high for RAM any ways if your board supports more than 4 gb you cannot use it with win 7 32 bit because win 7 32 bit only utilizes upto 4 gb of memory no more than that .
    Plus i dont see any reason for your RAM and GPU not being supported by your board.
  4. Apparently your boar supports max 2 GB modules and 2 x 2GB is max, just make sure that you are adding a module with the same speed, timings and volts and preferably the exact same module. The board has a slot for the card but I would try to get something newer like R7 240.
Ask a new question

Read More

DDR2 Core Support RAM