Radeon R9 200, and monitor sleep mode...

When my computer turned off my monitors after inactivity, sometimes randomly, one out of the two do not come back on. Most commonly my 2nd monitor, though my primary monitor has not come back on before as well.
Its random, and the only way to turn it back on, is when I do something like sleep mode, or restart. Re plugging in the monitor doesn't help.

Any ideas?
5 answers Last reply
More about radeon 200 monitor sleep mode
  1. Another victim falls into the AMD sleep bug... maddening, isn't it?:fou:

You need to disable sleep mode in your control panel. Have the monitor only shut down and nothing else. No partial power downs, otherwise it won't go back up.
  2. BigBadBeef said:
    Another victim falls into the AMD sleep bug... maddening, isn't it?:fou:

You need to disable sleep mode in your control panel. Have the monitor only shut down and nothing else. No partial power downs, otherwise it won't go back up.

Thats the problem. Currently my issue occurs when the monitors, ( assuming this is how is works of course ) are told by the OS after XX minutes, turn off signal to monitor(s). That is when sometimes the monitors do not come out of it. Currently my system does not go into sleep mode / hibernate unless I do it.

So to clarify, the sleep mode I am refering to is the monitor's sleep mode. sorry for the confusion.

3. Well? Is it set up like that?
  4. Like that yes. 10 minutes on screen off.

On occasion I manually initiate Window's Sleep option from the Shut down menu.
  5. Then you need to dig deeper. Disable all the power down functions you've got. Go into control panel and set the advanced power saving options.
Ask a new question

Read More

Sleep Mode Graphics Monitors Radeon