New Monitor looks pixelated

Hello, recently i got a Benq RL2455HM, i connected it to my laptop with DVI CABLE, and when i watch youtube videos at 720p/1080p, it gets super pixelated..., Also when i played in my laptop monitor, i could play csgo at 1280x720 with a nice and good loking image, and now with this new monitor 1280x720 looks pretty shit,
14 answers Last reply
More about monitor pixelated
  1. You have this full screen ? If so that's to be expected..... you are stretching the image 50% in one direction and 78% in another

play the videos in a 1280 x 720 window and it should look fine.
  2. Well i use it at 1920x1080, but i think is strnage to be so blurry in youtube...
  3. it wouldn't be so bad if you weren't stretching so much AND distorting the images with a different aspect ration ..... girls in those videos will be pissed as the stretching will make them look fat. !
  4. JackNaylorPE said:
    You have this full screen ? If so that's to be expected..... you are stretching the image 50% in one direction and 78% in another

Well i use it at 1920x1080, but i think is strnage to be so blurry in youtube...
  5. JackNaylorPE said:
    it wouldn't be so bad if you weren't stretching so much AND distorting the images with a different aspect ration ..... girls in those videos will be pissed as the stretching will make them look fat. !

So how i do it to see 720p videos without pixelate.
  6. If you took a picture on the wall and make it 78% longer and made it only 20% taller, two things would happen.

1. There's be 7 empty spots with no color for every 10 spots with color
    2. Everything in the horizontal direction would be distorted. A square would now be 10" square 17" tall and 15" wide.
  7. joaocosta said:
    JackNaylorPE said:
    You have this full screen ? If so that's to be expected..... you are stretching the image 50% in one direction and 78% in another

Well i use it at 1920x1080, but i think is strnage to be so blurry in youtube...

You haven't got things setup correctly in the Video Control Panel. Your monitor should be setup either as your Main or Extended monitor and it should use the native resolution of 1920x1080.

It should look the same as any desktop setup.

I'm not sure if you use Intel, NVidia or AMD but go back and make sure it's at 1920x1080, and that you have scale by ASPECT. You may even try scale on GPU as well if that's an option.

You can also change the MONITOR settings so it has Aspect scaling enabled but you shouldn't need that if setup properly in the video control panel.
  8. I got the impression he was having it display on both or why would it be doing 720 ?
  9. joaocosta said:
    JackNaylorPE said:
    it wouldn't be so bad if you weren't stretching so much AND distorting the images with a different aspect ration ..... girls in those videos will be pissed as the stretching will make them look fat. !

What were the specs of your old monitor?
  10. sora said:
    joaocosta said:
    JackNaylorPE said:

What were the specs of your old monitor?

Its a normal laptop screen.
  11. photonboy said:
    joaocosta said:
    JackNaylorPE said:

You haven't got things setup correctly in the Video Control Panel. Your monitor should be setup either as your Main or Extended monitor and it should use the native resolution of 1920x1080.

It should look the same as any desktop setup.

I'm not sure if you use Intel, NVidia or AMD but go back and make sure it's at 1920x1080, and that you have scale by ASPECT. You may even try scale on GPU as well if that's an option.

You can also change the MONITOR settings so it has Aspect scaling enabled but you shouldn't need that if setup properly in the video control panel.

It's 1920x1080 and its ASPECT, still looks blurry in videos,
  12. help
  13. joaocosta said:
    help

1. Try MONITOR as the only screen by disabling laptop.

2. Try both HDMI and DVI inputs if possible.
    *I'm uncertain if HDMI on your monitor requires the HDTV section to setup or not. In that case it would be:
    a) HDTV section->
    b) 1080p_NTSC@60Hz or similar->
    c) adjust overscan

I'm also not sure why you used a DVI cable as most monitors I've seen only have HDMI output. However, if you used either HDMI or DVI as the output but DVI as the monitor input then everything sets up according to the monitor.

3. Try toggling Aspect and 1:1 on the monitor itself to see what happens.

4. Try a different computer into the monitor if possible.

5. Try your laptop into a different monitor.
  14. photonboy said:
    joaocosta said:
    help

1. Try MONITOR as the only screen by disabling laptop.

2. Try both HDMI and DVI inputs if possible.
    *I'm uncertain if HDMI on your monitor requires the HDTV section to setup or not. In that case it would be:
    a) HDTV section->
    b) 1080p_NTSC@60Hz or similar->
    c) adjust overscan

I'm also not sure why you used a DVI cable as most monitors I've seen only have HDMI output. However, if you used either HDMI or DVI as the output but DVI as the monitor input then everything sets up according to the monitor.

3. Try toggling Aspect and 1:1 on the monitor itself to see what happens.

4. Try a different computer into the monitor if possible.

5. Try your laptop into a different monitor.

1- Is already done~
    2- Can't i don't have HDMI cable
    3- I can't put that at same time, i put aspect on that monitor buttons interface
    4/5 noy possible
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Monitors Graphics