What's your favourite video game you've been playing? - page 5

2232 answers Last reply
  1. It'd probably be out this year, I think. There was this message broadcast a few days ago, regarding the second part of the game, although it was more or less in a code form.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/02/half-life-remake-website-sends-out-emergency-signal
    Reply to Gman450
  2. Anybody try Evil Within yet? If you are a horror fan this game- well, I've been PC gaming since text based stuff & Leisure Suit Larry on 5 1/2" floppy and I have NEVER seen anything this mind-blowingly graphic and with this exact control system. Steam had a free demo and after 10 minutes I had to have it.

I'm trying to think of the FPS from probably 12 -15 years ago (I think) that starts out with terrorists taking over a subway station and your character gets sent in and that leads to a whole world-wide combat everywhere game. Anyway, at the time the usual gang of suspects lambasted this game for the 'bloody graphics' and the way limbs came off when shot and it actually was the most violent game at the time relatively speaking. By today's standards it wasn't much better than some 16 bit console games out at the time. Fast forward to what I saw with this game and my how things have changed!
    Reply to Bratushka
  3. Reply to sirkillalot
  4. Far Cry 4

Here's a guide I just did on the final Shangri-La battle, which some struggle with.

Reply to Frag Maniac
  5. It is Ninja Heights. It is really very awesome game. Whenever i find free time, i play it on my Android.
    Reply to Larry30
  6. Been having fun with FC4 recently too. Fun to blow things up in FC4. The weapon customization is another great addition too. Haven't tried MP yet though.
    Reply to CAaronD
  7. CAaronD said:
    Been having fun with FC4 recently too. Fun to blow things up in FC4. The weapon customization is another great addition too. Haven't tried MP yet though.

Just started another play through of Far Cry 4 on Hard, this time with the HUD features turned off, well, except for Ammo Count. I had to turn that back on because you can't even tell what throwable you have equipped. There's not even a sound to distinguish them when you switch from one to another like in Metro Last Light.

It feels quite a bit different with no HUD, you have to be a lot more careful with your tactics. I also don't use weapon tagging or the camera at all. Next thing I have to do is travel up to one of the northern towers in the southern region and pick up the Z93. I don't even have a scoped weapon yet.
    Reply to Frag Maniac
  8. ^ Never medium or easy :P Because normally "normal" mode is easy in most games (with the exception of some, where their easy is insane mode)

The range factor is quite annoying too :P
    Reply to CAaronD
  9. CAaronD said:
    ^ Never medium or easy :P Because normally "normal" mode is easy in most games (with the exception of some, where their easy is insane mode)

The range factor is quite annoying too :P

Agreed, sadly they're dumbing down the difficulty of games more and more. This is one of the reasons I hang out on the official forums for the games, to help people and let them know there's always ways to get through the tougher parts.
    Reply to Frag Maniac
  10. I'm enjoying BF3, BF4, Oblivion, and CS:GO personally.

God bless, yourender2.
    Reply to yourender2
  11. I've been busy with League of Legends, LoL but I haven't touch PvP yet, still practicing on bot matches.
    Reply to Thaisnang
  12. ^ Been playing that game for years now. You don't want to go into ranked. Trust me. The amount of angry people in there is just insane. Unless you're an internet spartan, or you mute everybody in your team, then why not?

And yeah, the thing about hard mode is that it makes it fun. It can even make it stressful at times. Especially when the snipers can kill you in three seconds (from a full 6 health HP bar). But once you get that German MG, oh boy. Everything is SO MUCH easier after that xD That gun is INSANE. The accuracy, damage and speed is even better than the mounted MG.
    Reply to CAaronD
  13. Agreed. Don't bother with ranked.

On a sidenote it's kind of a shame you missed the free mystery gift from riot. I got battlecast cho'gath on my smurf and surprise fiddlesticks on my main.
    Reply to RazerZ
  14. I've been playing a lot of FFXIV lately. I also got back into TF2 after probably close to a year of not playing.

Thaisnang said:
    I've been busy with League of Legends, LoL but I haven't touch PvP yet, still practicing on bot matches.

I installed League a couple days back, though I've yet to play it. Only MOBA I have experience with is Dota 2, and I'm very, VERY bad at Dota.
    Reply to nerev4r
  15. I've been playing mostly Dragon Age: Inquisition recently. Game runs in stable condition, especially considering that I'm running an unpatched version.
    Reply to Joseph DeGarmo
  16. Installed Shadow of Mordor recently, terrific game. The combat is very reminiscent of the Arkham Batman games and it works well. I love how enemies can level up if you fail to defeat them. I'm running the game on mostly high settings with no AA. Pretty smooth for the most part with only the occasional dip in FPS. The visuals are pretty cool, particularly the enemies. Some of the character models are stunning.

Finally got round to the original Crysis. Always wanted to play it but never had a PC capable of running it until now. Running it with all high settings and no AA. The suit powers are very cool. It reminds me a lot of the original Far Cry. I do love a good first person shooter and I'm really enjoying the game. Lovely visuals considering the game is 8 years old. Not many games from 2007 look that good without mods.
    Reply to boabykenobi
  17. boabykenobi said:
    Finally got round to the original Crysis. Always wanted to play it but never had a PC capable of running it until now. Running it with all high settings and no AA. The suit powers are very cool. It reminds me a lot of the original Far Cry. I do love a good first person shooter and I'm really enjoying the game. Lovely visuals considering the game is 8 years old. Not many games from 2007 look that good without mods.

Yeah. Crysis still amazes me in terms of graphics even now. I can't tell you how many times I've replayed it. One of my favorite first person shooter games.
    Reply to Gman450
  18. ^ I actually have the original DVD of Crysis which I preordered in 2007 (for no reason), but I am unable to launch the game on Windows 8.1 64 bit. After I install it, nothing happens at all? It doesn't even give any indication of opening in the task manager. The loading spiral comes out but nothing happens.

BTW lol, was never able to run Crysis 1 even though I had the original DVD PREORDERED for 8 years. Until now. :P I remember I had some sort of lousy HP Compaq PC which couldn't meet the 32 MB GPU requirements. And my friend's cousin had a 8800 GTS/GTX? But he was able to run Crysis on high. And it blew me away. At that time it did. And it still has exceptional graphics even in today's standards. I just kept laughing and saying "ho" like some stone age man who suddenly woke up in the middle of times square new york city. I was just blown away.

I do play a lot of CS:GO now. It sure is addictive, lol.
    Reply to CAaronD
  19. CAaronD said:

At that time it did. And it still has exceptional graphics even in today's standards. I just kept laughing and saying "ho" like some stone age man who suddenly woke up in the middle of times square new york city. I was just blown away.

I do play a lot of CS:GO now. It sure is addictive, lol.

LOL.
    Reply to Gman450
  20. Counter Strike GO is addictive, even when you're constantly getting killed. Not played Source at all since getting Global Offensive.
    Reply to boabykenobi
  21. I need to know what Spec Ops: The Line tastes like!! I`ve only heard good things about it...
    Reply to McDuncun
  22. Spec Ops is actually pretty dull, although that is part of the reason its considered a great game.
    On its own it doesn't stand as a great game, its only once you compare it too its peers does its qualities and your assumptions stand out.
    Reply to manofchalk
  23. manofchalk said:
    Spec Ops is actually pretty dull, although that is part of the reason its considered a great game.
    On its own it doesn't stand as a great game, its only once you compare it too its peers does its qualities and your assumptions stand out.

Mmmmm I like your reasoning... I`m still going to try it anyhow and maybe come and mock you for mocking it...:D
    Reply to McDuncun
  24. I liked Spec Ops: The Line. Not a great game but well worth playing. It also has a great soundtrack.

I've been lost in Tamriel again. Just finished Morrowwind for about the 5th or 6th time and now I'm about 10 hours into Oblivion also for the 5th or 6th time. Yep, Skyrim will be next. Again. :D Bethesda really should pay me for all the time I waste with their products. Might have to visit the Capitol wasteland and New Vegas again soon too.
    Reply to anort3
  25. Are you using any mods with Morrowind? I absolutely loved Morrowind when it was 1st released, played it for weeks. Not sure how the vanilla game would be now after being used to the visual delights of the modern gaming era.
    Reply to boabykenobi
  26. McDuncun said:
    I need to know what Spec Ops: The Line tastes like!! I`ve only heard good things about it...

The story is a well written cognitive dissonance style, and contrary to what many say, the gameplay is visceral and engaging. On the hardest mode you really have to be on your game and make every shot count. Weapons carry over to the next level so managing them and your squad are crucial.

The AI command system can get out of hand if you aren't careful to suppress and/or kill approaching enemies before your guys get dropped and need healing. There's a bleed out meter, you only have so much time to get to them or send one still standing to them.

The intensity of the combat at times reminded me of the Kane and Lynch games, esp Kane and Lynch 2.

Great game, one of the best of the year.
    Reply to Frag Maniac
  27. Nope, no mods just the GOTY edition from Steam. Somehow I ended up with both Morrowwind and Oblivion GOTY editions with all the DLC on Steam. I don't remember if it was a Steam sale or a Humble Bundle? ( I don't remember a Bethesda Humble Bundle so I most likely got them during a Steam sale ) but I owned the retail versions of both games since they were released. I think Morrowwind came with an Nvidia GT 6600 I bought in 2003-2004 as a showcase game.

I ended up replaying Morrowwind on my laptop since without mods it's stuck at lower resolutions anyway. Hell It wouldn't even do 1366 x 768. Still a great game though and probably my favorite of all the TES games despite the dated graphics. I love how overpowered you get after layering enchanted clothes and armor.

If you want to see something cool check out Skywind.

Reply to anort3
  28. For me Skyrim (modded and with ENB) is the best game ever made, and I have about 1,500 hours sunk into it.
    RPG wise this past year was pretty disappointing with DA:I being a single player MMO instead of a real RPG, but looking forward to the Witcher 3 and going to replay Neverwinter Nights 2.
    Dawn of War: Soulstorm is holding my attention RTS wise since Company of Heroes lack of resource management is anathema to me in an RTS.
    For real WW2 strategy I've been hitting up Panzer Korps, Men of War 2, and Operation Star; as well as some old school Across the Rhine action.
    FPS wise I finished Quake IV recently, periodically advancing in Bioshock Infinite and Rage. Pretty surprised how good Rage is; I like it a lot better than Borderlands games.
    I just bought Elite Dangerous, haven't played it too much, but it seem ok, I'll try it with the rift eventually; who knows it might be the first game I play on the rift that doesn't look awful and make me sick.
    Wolfenstein the New World Order was a blast, though the texture pop-in is worse than in Rage, I also finished the new X-Com strategy game and it was great. Played Shadow of Mordor some, it was alright, but not great.
    Reply to loki1944
  29. Recently, I seem to have a taste for atmospheric/story rich games. If it has a touching story or sad music, I'm in. Problem is, I'm broke. I can only get games from HB Bundle. So I recently picked up Mind: Path To Thalamus. While it may not be worth $13 (at least of now), the visuals and the colour is absolutely stunning. The scenery is beautiful too. The soundtrack is the sort of soundtrack that makes you sad at the first note. Can't say anything bad about that game. Except for the voice acting. Voice acting was rather generic if I may say. I picked it up for $0.30. I'd be spoilt to complain, lol.
    Reply to CAaronD
  30. Playing Dying Light now. Pretty good game. If you don't go crazy with settings it looks good and performs well. Gameplay is great. I've also modded out the film grain and chromatic aberration.
    Reply to Frag Maniac
  31. Hyperdimension neptunia rebirth1, its a pretty good JRPG, runs really well at 7k downsampled to 1440p
    Reply to Raiin
  32. Recently picked up The Stanley Parable, and frankly, it's amazing. Wow. That takes some ingenuity to design a game like that. The different outcomes of the game are just ... Wow.
    Reply to CAaronD
  33. CAaronD said:
    Recently picked up The Stanley Parable, and frankly, it's amazing. Wow. That takes some ingenuity to design a game like that. The different outcomes of the game are just ... Wow.

U got the portal one yet?
    Reply to Thaisnang
  34. Deus Ex: Invisible War. It has the deepest storyline I've ever come across in a game and an explanation for why you auto-heal (without dealing w/the issue of how the bullets are being extracted from your body). Since it's a last-gen console title it still suffers from consolified low res textures. It reminds me a lot of System Shock & System Shock 2.
    Reply to 80251
  35. 80251 said:
    Deus Ex: Invisible War. It has the deepest storyline I've ever come across in a game and an explanation for why you auto-heal (without dealing w/the issue of how the bullets are being extracted from your body). Since it's a last-gen console title it still suffers from consolified low res textures. It reminds me a lot of System Shock & System Shock 2.

Dude system shock and SS 2 was a very good 'series'... Loved those games, just so you don`t mention the latest Deus Ex, that shit sucks!!!
    Reply to McDuncun
  36. McDuncun said:
    80251 said:
    Deus Ex: Invisible War. It has the deepest storyline I've ever come across in a game and an explanation for why you auto-heal (without dealing w/the issue of how the bullets are being extracted from your body). Since it's a last-gen console title it still suffers from consolified low res textures. It reminds me a lot of System Shock & System Shock 2.

Dude system shock and SS 2 was a very good 'series'... Loved those games, just so you don`t mention the latest Deus Ex, that shit sucks!!!

You've actually played System Shock? The original? I played the special edition version w/the high res textures.
    I never got around to playing the timed difficulty of the game (where you only had a set amount of time to finish the entire game or you lose). Unlike in modern games I remember dying constantly in System Shock.

Did you try Deus Ex: Invisible War?
    Reply to 80251
  37. I only play one game at a time these days, so I am actually currently playing Okami HD on PS3, and it is pretty great.

But the last PC game I played was Crysis. I really liked it. It's an infamous game that has taken a lot of flak for "being all about graphics and having no gameplay" but that is nonsense.

It is basically FarCry+ (a game I sunk countless hours into in college) but improves on it in almost every way, and the added powers of the suit lend a great deal of variety to the gameplay. Many situations can be approached stealthily, guns blazing close-up, sniping from afar, or using some combination of all 3, plus other tactics.

Anyhow, I found Crysis to be an entertaining game that easily holds up today; though I still can't believe I couldn't max it on my system & avg 50fps, even now.
    Reply to CK7
  38. No not Invisible War... The one before that sucked.

Mod Comment
    Dont want to see that kind of comment again :pfff:
    I edited it out

What did I say??
    Reply to McDuncun
  39. ^ The mod's magical editing pen :P

Heard Just Cause 3 is coming out this year. Anybody excited? I am. I AM. I can wait. I CAN'T WAIT. GIVE IT TO ME
    Reply to CAaronD
  40. CAaronD said:
    ^ The mod's magical editing pen :P

Heard Just Cause 3 is coming out this year. Anybody excited? I am. I AM. I can wait. I CAN'T WAIT. GIVE IT TO ME

I feel the same about Half Life 3. Just take my damn money and give me the game Gabe!
    Reply to anort3
  41. HL3 is probably going to be the showcase for Source Engine 2 and boxed with Steam Machines
    Reply to chimera201
  42. Yep. I hope Source 2 is as good as the first one was. The game will be way too big for it to only come with Steam boxes though. Maybe a special edition or a slightly later retail release but HL3 should be one of the biggest selling games ever as long as they don't screw the pooch too bad.
    Reply to anort3
  43. If Valve keeps going the console direction with their Steam Controller design, who knows, maybe Steam Machine will be considered just another console, and a huge flop.

That could also make any launch titles sour in the mouths of dedicated PC gamers. Steam Machine is already a hard sell given it has yet to show it can improve on PC or console.
    Reply to Frag Maniac
  44. Source engine is incredible. Game made in it still look pretty good even today. Left 4 Dead 2 looks great, as does CS: Global Offensive. Not as good looking as some other modern games but decent enough. It's also incredibly well optimised. A massive variety of computers can run most Source engine games.

Also looking forward to HL3. Should be incredible. Been a fan since Half Life. Just started Black Mesa recently. Very impressed with it (even though it's not fully completed).
    Reply to boabykenobi
  45. Frag Maniac said:
    If Valve keeps going the console direction with their Steam Controller design, who knows, maybe Steam Machine will be considered just another console, and a huge flop.

That could also make any launch titles sour in the mouths of dedicated PC gamers. Steam Machine is already a hard sell given it has yet to show it can improve on PC or console.

boabykenobi said:
    Source engine is incredible. Game made in it still look pretty good even today. Left 4 Dead 2 looks great, as does CS: Global Offensive. Not as good looking as some other modern games but decent enough. It's also incredibly well optimised. A massive variety of computers can run most Source engine games.

Also looking forward to HL3. Should be incredible. Been a fan since Half Life. Just started Black Mesa recently. Very impressed with it (even though it's not fully completed).

Do you think there's any chance Steam Machines will be somewhat upgradeable? It would
    be nice if at least the video hardware were upgradeable. I'd read somewhere Valve was
    going to have a tiered Steam Machine line. Maybe they could make the high end Steam
    Machines partly or completely upgradeable.
    Reply to 80251
  46. Valve is going to be at GDC this year
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/valve-steam-machines-will-be-front-and-center-at-g/1100-6424591/

80251 said:

Do you think there's any chance Steam Machines will be somewhat upgradeable? It would
    be nice if at least the video hardware were upgradeable. I'd read somewhere Valve was
    going to have a tiered Steam Machine line. Maybe they could make the high end Steam
    Machines partly or completely upgradeable.

iFixit gave 9/10 for the prototype Steam Machine
    https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Steam+Machine+Teardown/20473
    Reply to chimera201
  47. There's been a ton of companies already giving example specs of their Steam Machines. The trend seems to be that the affordable ones are mostly fixed hardware, while the upper end ones are upgrade-able, with the exception of CyberPower. There may be others that offer upgrade options in affordable models, but it's the kind of thing that best fits a company that already custom builds affordable PCs, like CP.
    Reply to Frag Maniac
  48. (insert cheesy HL3 confirmed joke)
    Reply to CAaronD
  49. chimera201 said:

I wonder how they cool that GTX 780. I'm guessing there must be
    some sort of port in the bottom of the Steam Machine that matches
    up w/the intake on the GTX 780.

I wonder why they went w/an i5 instead of say a i7-4770? Do i5's use
    the same socket as i7-4770's and i7-4790's?
    Reply to 80251
  50. 80251 said:
    chimera201 said:

I wonder how they cool that GTX 780. I'm guessing there must be
    some sort of port in the bottom of the Steam Machine that matches
    up w/the intake on the GTX 780.

I wonder why they went w/an i5 instead of say a i7-4770? Do i5's use
    the same socket as i7-4770's and i7-4790's?

They share the same LGA 1150 socket. Probably they went I5 to cut costs? Also I don't think there are any games on Steam that require 4 cores and 8 threads :p
    Reply to CAaronD
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Games Video Games Video RPG Gaming