What's your favourite video game you've been playing? - page 4

2232 answers Last reply
  1. Anyone playing The Crew? How is it?
    Reply to Joseph DeGarmo
  2. I've only got 9.90 left on my Steam account >.< Gaben not the wallet! Please don't leech my money! Nooooo!! Please Gaben!!!!! NOOOO! *RRRRRIPPP* *wallet tears in half* Him and his Steam sales ...
    Reply to CAaronD
  3. manofchalk said:
    Gang Beasts, Trine 1 and 2 and I think Borderlands can do local multiplayer on PC. At least those are the games that come to mind (though not sure on Borderlands).

Thanks I'll look into those. Kind of a shame that they're all $20 on steam right now (though Borderlands I wouldn't mind paying for). Surprisingly I don't own that game but I am looking into getting into the series.

@chimera201

Too late. Looks like a nice Indie game. I would get it if it wasn't $20, I'll keep on eye on it to see when it goes on sale.
    Reply to RazerZ
  4. Just got orange box from steam sale and playing HL2 with the cinematic mod. Pretty awesome game so far.
    Reply to Thaisnang
  5. Only thing I've been playing lately is Destiny on my highly unused PS4. Never really touched it until this game came out. Other than that, I haven't been playing anything on Steam, I'm in my monthly "notsurewhattoplay" mode.
    Reply to Sinful903
  6. I have been playing both GRID 2 and GRID Autosport.
    Reply to antonpaco
  7. I have been playing mount and blade warband for awhile (1k+ hours in it) and it never gets boring due tot he sheer amount of mods for it.
    Reply to Firestorm_RGJ
  8. Firestorm_RGJ said:
    I have been playing mount and blade warband for awhile (1k+ hours in it) and it never gets boring due tot he sheer amount of mods for it.

enjoy this game a lot, particularly the GoT mod.
    Reply to AshyCFC
  9. Dark Souls 2, Strife, Dishonored, and Heroes of the Storm. Really depends on the genre... tough to pick an overall great game, depends on the mood I'm in.
    Reply to jafrankl
  10. POKEMON!!!! :D Seriously, I love the game since I was a lil'boy haha :-)
    Reply to germs95
  11. Recently picked up "To the moon" on Steam. The gameplay isn't exactly that great, but it's a story rich game. I really did cry quite a bit. And even the opening scene and the start menu sends chills up your spine. No wonder it has 10/10 rating on Steam, lol.
    Reply to CAaronD
  12. I've played 'To The Moon' a while back too. You're right, the gameplay is just straight forward point and click on stuff and move your character here and there, but the story is there to cover all that up. Pretty amazing. I loved the soundtrack for the game.
    Reply to Gman450
  13. My favorite game that I have been playing recently is studying for mid-terms.
    Reply to Help Plz
  14. Joseph DeGarmo said:
    Anyone playing The Crew? How is it?

The Crew is one of kind racing-mmo-simulator with elements that make the game terrible and utterly enjoyable at the same time.

What killed the experience for me was that the game had no actual point, just driving around with friends and quite not doing anything, battling rival crews and for that, I was disappointed since I expected so much more.

There are good things in the game as well like the map. It's friggin amazing and huge. I love it. The cars - plenty of beautiful and nice - whether you're a muscle-head who likes to drive around with an american or more of the exotic lover - there are plenty of choices.

I found this game to be quite boring and enjoyable at the same time.

EDIT: My all-time favourite has to be The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. I spent over 10,000(!) hours playing the game and I enjoyed EVERY minute of it. As for MMORPG's, I suggest Star Citizen for those who love sci-fi and Guild Wars 2 to those who prefer running around with swords.
    Reply to Zakario
  15. So far Dragon Age Inquisition is really nice. I'm running the unpatched version I installed from the retail discs. I disabled automatic updates in Origin so that the game does not update itself. And even when it forces me to begin downloading the update, I pause the download and launch the game. But recently I have registered a lot of play hours on Gauntlet. It's a blast to play. So far I have been mastering the Warrior and Elf.
    Reply to Joseph DeGarmo
  16. Zakario said:
    Joseph DeGarmo said:
    Anyone playing The Crew? How is it?

The Crew is one of kind racing-mmo-simulator with elements that make the game terrible and utterly enjoyable at the same time.

What killed the experience for me was that the game had no actual point, just driving around with friends and quite not doing anything, battling rival crews and for that, I was disappointed since I expected so much more.

There are good things in the game as well like the map. It's friggin amazing and huge. I love it. The cars - plenty of beautiful and nice - whether you're a muscle-head who likes to drive around with an american or more of the exotic lover - there are plenty of choices.

I found this game to be quite boring and enjoyable at the same time.

EDIT: My all-time favourite has to be The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. I spent over 10,000(!) hours playing the game and I enjoyed EVERY minute of it. As for MMORPG's, I suggest Star Citizen for those who love sci-fi and Guild Wars 2 to those who prefer running around with swords.

Wow! That equates to roughly six hours per day for 6.8 years straight! And I'm not even sure if you started playing it later :p
    Reply to CAaronD
  17. There are different games you can play.Try Assassins Creed IV Black Flag , Crysis 3 , Gta 4 , Sleeping Dogs etc.Try Sleeping Dogs , its fun
    Reply to bindlimani1
  18. I just finished 'StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty'. Very nice game. I found it to be really addicting, and I'm not even into strategy games. The story was awesome. All the characters were very much connected, and they all had roles to play.
    Reply to Gman450
  19. Help Plz said:
    My favorite game that I have been playing recently is studying for mid-terms.

I tried that game but i just couldn't continue for more than an hour. It might be free, but the gameplay and story was so bad!
    Reply to Hede92
  20. USAFRet said:
    Looking to get back into gaming, but am VERY focused on single player.
    Quake 1-3, Unreal, Portal.

Suggestions for something of this decade? Run and shoot vs RPG. Not into spell casting...;)

Far Cry 4, it's still a bit buggy (specially on SLI), but the game rocks, I'e been playing it for hours and hours now... its awesome ...
    Reply to Kris_00
  21. I've got 'Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes' for PC a couple of days ago. It's extremely short, but it's my first ever 'Metal Gear' game and I loved it! The game's ending, IMO, was fantastic and it really helps open up the hype for 'Phantom Pain'.
    The optimizing they did with this is just amazing. Even my PC could nearly max out this game, and still maintain solid 40-60 FPS.
    Reply to Gman450
  22. My GOTYs below.

2014:
    WINNER: The Elder Scrolls Online
    HONORABLE MENTIONS: Dead Space 3, Need for Speed Rivals, Dragon Age: Inquisition

2013:
    WINNER: Far Cry 3
    HONORABLE MENTIONS: Hitman Absolution, BioShock Infinite, Crysis 3

2012:
    WINNER: Batman: Arkham City
    HONORABLE MENTIONS: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012)

2011:
    WINNER: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    HONORABLE MENTIONS: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, Resident Evil 5, Portal 2
    Reply to Joseph DeGarmo
  23. I guess there weren't any good games this year :P Elders Scrolls Online getting on your GOTY list is quite something! Don't mean to insult or offend you in anyway, just saying!
    Reply to CAaronD
  24. CAaronD said:
    I guess there weren't any good games this year :P Elders Scrolls Online getting on your GOTY list is quite something! Don't mean to insult or offend you in anyway, just saying!

Dragon Age: Inquisition had the potential to win, but I started it so late this year and registered only 5 hours on it so far. But there's always next year.
    Reply to Joseph DeGarmo
  25. I'll give my GOTY 2014 to Divinity: Original Sin. Never expected Indies to be this fun.
    Reply to Thaisnang
  26. Thaisnang said:
    I'll give my GOTY 2014 to Divinity: Original Sin. Never expected Indies to be this fun.

Wow, coincidentally Divinity : OS is #1 on my PC games list 2014
    Reply to chimera201
  27. Alan Wake, Crysis 1/WarHead/2/3, Dishonored, LA Noire, Hitman Absolution, Watch_Dogs, Far Cry 3, Garry's Mod, Rust, Sleeping Dogs, Mass Effect 1/2/3, Dead Space 1/2/3, PAYDAY 2, Half Life 2, Tom Clancy's Series :3
    Reply to bimbaws
  28. spent alot of early 2014 playing Alpha Rust, which was awesome. Not sure about the new version.

Enjoyed 2 previous Borderlands but latest one didn't scratch the itch. Have bought Far Cry 4, need to upgade before I can play it properly, which bought me here.

Anyone know any Rust like games with the PvP and raiding?

Cheers
    Reply to MrCabron
  29. @MrCabron Probably 7DaystoDie, DayZ and Unturned (roblox graphics free game)
    Reply to CAaronD
  30. Talking of games like Rust, the only game I can suggest at this point is DayZ. Wait til H1Z1 comes out and then I can suggest that too.
    Reply to Zakario
  31. Thanks CAaronD & Zakario, tried DayZ, just kept dying. I like the building element of Rust. i will try Unturned and H1Z1. Cheers
    Reply to MrCabron
  32. Top game with most play throughs vanilla and modded: STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl which I'm currently playing through with the Oblivion Lost Mod. I have had this game installed and modded non-stop since its release. Next are STALKER: Call of Pripyat and STALKER: Clear Sky also played umpteen times.

If STALKER games are a 10 on my list at 9.9, also with multiple play throughs, are Half-Life and Half Life 2. I wanted to like Episodes but those games lacked the polish and cool story line of the originals. Plus the developers waaaaaaaay overdid the ant lions and were so lazy they 'borrowed' the exploding running zombies from Pain Killer swapping the kegs of gun powder for grenades with pins pulled. I knew those chunks 'o cheese were the ringing of the Death Bell for the franchise.

The game I have the most recorded hours in is Testdrive Unlimited 2 with currently 2,680 + hours showing on my Steam account. I have 260+ cars in that game with some showing as much as 25000 miles on the odometer.

At a 9.5 woukl be Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas. Honorable mention are the WWII based Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, and Brothers in Arms games, Grand Theft Auto & Saints Row games.
    Reply to Bratushka
  33. ^ definitely. Medal of Honor European Assault was the most patriotic feeling game I've ever played. I had so much newfound respect for veterans after playing that game, the ending did make me tear in respect too. I nearly saluted my TV screen.
    Reply to CAaronD
  34. amdfangirl said:
    What game have you been playing recently? How did you find the experience of playing said game?

Any games you looking forward to? Why are you looking at those games?

Lately I've been playing Transistor which is pretty amazing - I would give it GOTY for the refreshing gameplay experience. I played some Always Sometimes Monsters which was pretty terrible to be perfectly honest - it felt like a horrible cheap shot RPG that punishes every choice you make unrealistically. I've just started to play Divinity and like every other RPG I haven't got my head around to how it works yet.

Right now I have my eyes set on Dragon Age: Inquisition - it's made by EA, so I'll be buying it after release ;). Star Citizen looks pretty cool, but I'm not particularly interested in space sims - just the potential to advance PC graphics sounds amazing. I will very likely buy Sims 4 -> just for character creation (I'm a girl, after all). I haven't played Assassin's Creed, but the latest installment looks pretty neat with the co-op aspect.

How about the rest of you?

Recently I sold my PS3 and bought a PS4 (terrible idea so far). I only have Destiny, Injustice, and Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare. Pretty much all I've been playing lately is Plants vs. Zombies. It's pretty fun, like a comical, relaxed mix of Call of Duty and Battlefield but it's starting to get old since that's basically all I really have- I've already played the heck out of Destiny and you can only do the same strikes so many times. Right now gaming is overall pretty boring for me, although I'm hoping to get GTA V again for the PS4 (one of my favorite games of all time) and put together a gaming rig by next month.
    Reply to thenoobpunisher
  35. Well, I recently got a code for either Far Cry 4, The Crew or Assasin's Creed Unity. Which should I get? I'm thinking of FC4 although I've never played the sequel
    Reply to CAaronD
  36. CAaronD said:
    Well, I recently got a code for either Far Cry 4, The Crew or Assasin's Creed Unity. Which should I get? I'm thinking of FC4 although I've never played the sequel

FC4
    Reply to chimera201
  37. chimera201 said:
    CAaronD said:
    Well, I recently got a code for either Far Cry 4, The Crew or Assasin's Creed Unity. Which should I get? I'm thinking of FC4 although I've never played the sequel

FC4

As much as I like FC4, it's so bugged I can't continue playing it as the game crashes all the time on all the remaining missions I have got now...
    I would not recommend buying it just yet, maybe wait till patch 48.23 ;)))
    Reply to Kris_00
  38. Kris_00 said:
    chimera201 said:
    CAaronD said:

FC4

As much as I like FC4, it's so bugged I can't continue playing it as the game crashes all the time on all the remaining missions I have got now...

Isn't AC : Unity more bugged? He's got the code already and has to chose between the three
    Reply to chimera201
  39. Bought Alien: Isolation and have played about an hour. Its already terrifying and I haven't even seen the Alien yet...
    :hebe:
    Reply to manofchalk
  40. I was playing Stanley Parable yesterday. And I like it. Although I'm not sure if I have went through all the possible routes.
    Reply to Thaisnang
  41. i like BF4,well i also wait tom clancy division too this year
    Reply to tubagznyven
  42. chimera201 said:
    Kris_00 said:
    chimera201 said:
    CAaronD said:

FC4

Isn't AC : Unity more bugged? He's got the code already and has to chose between the three

The Crew seem to be the most stable game of the three. But I must say that Dragon Age: Inquisition unpatched is in much better shape than any of the Ubisoft games right now.
    Reply to Joseph DeGarmo
  43. People have been talking about Dragon Age: Iquisition - the thing I like most about that game is when you see a dragon, you're like 'oh shit, everybody ruuuuun!' unlike in Skyrim where the player is, come at me, dragon, let's do this. But still, Skyrim beats most of the RPG's around at this point.
    Reply to Zakario
  44. Arma 2 and Arma 3, AudioSurf 2, Counter-Strike: GO and Skyrim.
    Reply to HaffaWaffle
  45. HaffaWaffle said:
    Arma 2 and Arma 3, AudioSurf 2, Counter-Strike: GO and Skyrim.

I've thought of getting arma 3 with my new pc, but I have heard that it is very poorly optimized.
    Reply to Firestorm_RGJ
  46. Firestorm_RGJ said:
    HaffaWaffle said:
    Arma 2 and Arma 3, AudioSurf 2, Counter-Strike: GO and Skyrim.

I've thought of getting arma 3 with my new pc, but I have heard that it is very poorly optimized.

Im running an OLD hp motherboard with 8GB RAM, core 2 quad and a 2GB GT 630. It runs smooth on Low - medium settings.
    Reply to HaffaWaffle
  47. Just picked up CS:GO end of last year. It definitely is as addicting as it's predeccesors. And that's already saying a lot. Many people have died playing this game. Literally. I don't know why Counter Strike is so addicting.
    Reply to CAaronD
  48. Just finished HL2, EP1 and EP2. Now I want Half Life 3. I just hope it wouldn't take half of my life for Valve to release it.
    Reply to Thaisnang
  49. ^You tried the first Half Life remake? 'Black Mesa'? It's a pretty good game. It's only upto Xen though, with the level not included.
    Reply to Gman450
  50. Gman450 said:
    ^You tried the first Half Life remake? 'Black Mesa'? It's a pretty good game. It's only upto Xen though, with the level not included.

Yeah I've heard about that ,but it is still incomplete. I'm hoping to get it as soon as they complete it.
    Reply to Thaisnang
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Games Video Games Video RPG Gaming