What's your favourite video game you've been playing? - page 3

2269 answers Last reply
  1. definately X3 albion prelude. but i have faith in Elite: dangerous as a better looking game to maybe be more fun
    Reply to Steven Bryant
  2. CAaronD said:
    Been playing Just Cause 2 the past few months. That game is just sinply amazing and gives me a good laugh every time. Otherwise I've always been playing Call of Duty 4 in the past 2 years :p Monster Hunter is a really great game too.

Have you tried the multiplayer mod yet?
    Absolutely ridiculous fun.
    Reply to manofchalk
  3. Have you tried the multiplayer mod yet?

there's a multiplayer mod? that's awesome! man i know that'll be what i need for a few good afternoons
    Reply to Steven Bryant
  4. Yup, its available free on Steam, has the developers blessing and everything.
    Reply to manofchalk
  5. Just Cause 2 was ridiculously fun. I spent so much time on it doing so much stuff, I didn't bother much with the main campaign ( although I finished it and found it okay).
    I've see some Just Cause 3 leaked screenshots, though it's indicating to micro transactions in the game, which is a real bummer.
    Reply to Gman450
  6. I recently went back to Alpha Centauri after playing Civ 5 and I was not disapointed
    Reply to Kegger
  7. manofchalk said:
    CAaronD said:
    Been playing Just Cause 2 the past few months. That game is just sinply amazing and gives me a good laugh every time. Otherwise I've always been playing Call of Duty 4 in the past 2 years :p Monster Hunter is a really great game too.

I tried it but had no idea what to even do. The multiplayer mode is even more laughable (in a good way). Especially with the speed boost! I still prefer the single player mode though! I don't think any other game allows you to be as versatile as you are in JC2! Come to think of it! That's a VERY creative way to design a grappling hook function!
    Reply to CAaronD
  8. CAaronD said:
    manofchalk said:
    CAaronD said:

I tried it but had no idea what to even do. The multiplayer mode is even more laughable (in a good way). Especially with the speed boost! I still prefer the single player mode though! I don't think any other game allows you to be as versatile as you are in JC2! Come to think of it! That's a VERY creative way to design a grappling hook function!

Bad thing that servers are quite dead, usually you only see a lot of people on sales days.
    Reply to mlga91
  9. Having an absolute blast with XCOM Enemy Unknown. Got it months ago in a Humble Bundle and just decided to try it about a week ago and it finally got me over my State of Decay addiction!
    Reply to anort3
  10. CAaronD said:

COD4 is legendary, no COD game beats it. Anyways I beat Shadow of Mordor which was a ton of fun, I am hooked on Advanced Warfare just like every COD game even though they are not that great always (somehow they hook you).
    Reply to turkey3_scratch
  11. anort3 said:
    Having an absolute blast with XCOM Enemy Unknown. Got it months ago in a Humble Bundle and just decided to try it about a week ago and it finally got me over my State of Decay addiction!

State of Decay's storyline was really great! I always felt like I was in the game whenever I played it. You feel close to the characters. And when one of my characters died I actually teared. The sad music that plays afterwards makes me feel like crying even more. The only thing that I didn't like about it is the ammo. You could only keep so much ammo, and it ran out FAST.

Also another good thing about that game was that you couldn't loot the same spot twice. Also the fact that cars were so rare, and that you could park them nicely in your compound's lot :p 10/10 for parking lol! And the thing that made it so fun, is that those cars never went away or fixed themselves or respawned. They just stayed like they were.
    Reply to CAaronD
  12. I played the storyline twice but what got me totally hooked was the Breakdown DLC. It gets progressively harder and never ends. You have to find an RV and 'get out of town' although you just start over. I made it to level 20 meaning I cleared the entire map 20 times ( roughly 10 hours each time ). The best part was getting to keep everything crafted and scavenged from level to level like ammo and meds. At the higher levels there are only 12 cars on the entire map! And as I'm sure you know cars keep you alive. I just checked my Steam account and I spent 304 hours playing that stupid damn game. Best $10 I ever spent! Got it in the spring sale.
    Reply to anort3
  13. anort3 said:
    Having an absolute blast with XCOM Enemy Unknown. Got it months ago in a Humble Bundle and just decided to try it about a week ago and it finally got me over my State of Decay addiction!

I'm playing my second playthrough of XCOM at the impossible difficulty
    Reply to chimera201
  14. Skyrim on my low end pc
    it runs super smooth on a radeon hd 3000 integrated with 2gb ram......with multiple tweaks ofc
    Reply to bethisusernameisavaliable
  15. This isn't my favorite game by all means, but it is a game I played recently. Five Nights at Freddy's 2. If you're looking to die early from a heart attack, play this game :lol:

I played it with a surround sound system at a friends house with the lights off... there's a reason I don't play horror games. I couldn't make it past night two.

The game did make for some memorable moments however ;)
    Reply to RazerZ
  16. ^ Talking about horror games, Ju-On was some pretty scary crap. The jump scares in that thing literally gives you a heartattack. Freddy's didn't scare me as much. Only because of the fact I watched the Chuck Norris Five Nights At Freddy's video LOL.
    Reply to CAaronD
  17. Heh you must be pretty tough then :lol:.. The frustration of frantically monitoring the screens and hallways really did it for me. In FNAF 2 you have four more animatronics to add to the fun.

Just checked out Ju-On. Think it's safe to say I will never play that game.
    Reply to RazerZ
  18. I haven't played Five Night's At Freddy's either. I just saw a video on youtube, and that was enough to scare me...
    Reply to Gman450
  19. USAFRet said:
    Looking to get back into gaming, but am VERY focused on single player.
    Quake 1-3, Unreal, Portal.

Suggestions for something of this decade? Run and shoot vs RPG. Not into spell casting...;)

Serious Sam Games. THE BEST!
    Reply to Nathan Bumgarner
  20. Dota 2 right now aha, can't stop playing.
    Reply to AshyCFC
  21. Doedfugl said:
    Mod edit: Don't quote spam please. It makes us have to delete it twice!

I'm fairly sure posting referral links are against this forum's rules.

edit: I see, did not know that.
    Reply to RazerZ
  22. Been playing EvE Online after so many other MMOs in the past. Takes some dedication and grit cause of the culture there.
    CCP has released a new promotional vid, and its well received by the community because of its 'ingame comms' theme.

This is EVE
    http://youtu.be/AdfFnTt2UT0
    Reply to pecul1ar
  23. I have made a list of PC games categorized into years based on critic reviews, user reviews, popularity, etc. The resulting list is quite reasonable. I have also added links to benchmarks done by tom'sHardware.
    Here,
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2362670/recommended-games-list-2011-current.html
    Reply to chimera201
  24. ^ your list is awesome. Only one thing I don't agree of though lol. That is, Outlast is rated a bit too high on your list :P Outlast was a bit dragging and long IMO. Though it did have really good cinematics. And the ending was just "whaaaa". I'm pretty sure there are other games that are better than that though :P

Lately I've been playing a lot of Indie games too. Especially on Steam. Especially little atmospheric games, puzzle, etc. Such as Mind Path to Thalmus, Portal, etc. And you know those little story games? They have the same effect of watching a short movie.
    Reply to CAaronD
  25. CAaronD said:
    ^ your list is awesome. Only one thing I don't agree of though lol. That is, Outlast is rated a bit too high on your list :P Outlast was a bit dragging and long IMO. Though it did have really good cinematics. And the ending was just "whaaaa". I'm pretty sure there are other games that are better than that though :P

Lately I've been playing a lot of Indie games too. Especially on Steam. Especially little atmospheric games, puzzle, etc. Such as Mind Path to Thalmus, Portal, etc. And you know those little story games? They have the same effect of watching a short movie.

I have seen a lot of overrated games while making this list. Just google 'Gone Home' overrated. It's a game that's been awarded PC GOTY's by critics. This list is as accurate as possible. Outlast deserves it's position on the list

You might like Brothers A Tale of two sons. But it needs a gamepad since the game is actually designed for the gamepad controls
    Reply to chimera201
  26. I didn't have problems playing 'Brothers' on a keyboard. But, I guess it'd be more fun on a gamepad.
    Reply to Gman450
  27. I'm looking for a game to get to play on thanksgiving break. Ryse: Son of Rome looked fun to me. Also thinking about watchdogs, FC4, or AC: Unity but they seem to be really buggy as of late.
    Reply to RazerZ
  28. Gman450 said:
    I didn't have problems playing 'Brothers' on a keyboard. But, I guess it'd be more fun on a gamepad.

It uses the symmetry of the gamepad for controlling the two brothers
    Reply to chimera201
  29. I really like the control scheme of Brothers. Not many games actually use the control scheme as a way to convey narrative and emotion like it did (you need to play the game through to understand).

Right now I'm kicking it old-school and playing some Evil Genius

Its pretty much Dungeon Keeper if you were a 60's Bond villain. Really detailed and intricate game, cant wait till Rebellion (who own the IP after it got shuffled around a few times) release a sequel. This game has surprising staying power, I'v been playing this on and off since its release in 2006.
    Reply to manofchalk
  30. I myself like three games:
    Minecraft (depicted on my profile picture)
    FTL (Faster than Light)
    South Park: The Stick of Truth
    My MC laptop's power cord broke, I ordered another (cheap) one on Amazon, turned out it fried my laptop, and then I sold it. My desktop (in my sig) cannot play ANY game save for maybe Minesweeper (even then, it gets like 20 FPS), so I game now on a secondary laptop.
    Reply to zeyuanfu
  31. Very recently I've been playing Worms Ultimate Mayhem. Suitable for all ages, really! Just pure action fun with a very cartoon styled sense of humor. Also the weapon customization is great! Also it seems to be the only 3D Worms game? Seems like I'll definitely get Brothers when it goes on sale! Thanks for the recommendation!

By the way, anybody played Ryse yet? How is it? Obviously the graphics would be top notch. How is the gameplay though?
    Reply to CAaronD
  32. I thought Ryse was just an on-rails series of QTE's. Havent played it, but from what I gather from reviews and such.
    Reply to manofchalk
  33. manofchalk said:
    I thought Ryse was just an on-rails series of QTE's. Havent played it, but from what I gather from reviews and such.

Yup. Crytek is going down for abandoning PC
    Reply to chimera201
  34. Abandoning PC is releasing one timed console exclusive?
    They were probably approached by Microsoft directly and asked to make something graphically powerful they could show off on the Xbone. Their more an engine company than a game studio anymore.
    Reply to manofchalk
  35. Installed star wars knights of the old republic earlier, anyone ever played this game? It's a fairly old but iconic RPG game.
    Reply to AshyCFC
  36. Based on reading the reviews on steam, seems that the game has a very immersing story, excellent soundtrack and has a fresh style of gameplay.

However, things get repetitive after an hour or so. And the gameplay mechanics are repetitive. Also the fact that you can't change your controls seems to bother a lot of people.

Haven't seen anybody saying the story was dull/boring though. Seems surprisingly good for Crytek actually. 9/10 rating on Steam was higher than I expected! From all those people saying bad things about it around the internet, I expected a 7/10.
    Reply to CAaronD
  37. Well I had to skip Dragon Age: Inquisition. Waiting for Telltales Game of Thrones now. Hope it'll be good.
    Reply to Thaisnang
  38. I am hooked on FIFA15 these days :D
    Reply to King-Servers
  39. I never played FIFA consistently since FIFA 06. I've tried 07, 08, 10, 12 and 14. But I could never sit and play like I played 06. I simply play a few matches first and then get bored immediately..
    Reply to Gman450
  40. I love FIFA but can't sit it out on the PC, gotta be chilling on my PS4.
    Reply to AshyCFC
  41. I've only played FIFA 06 and FIFA 11. Never played the newer ones. To the observer, the observer may be thinking, "whats so fun about this boring game?". But when you play the game ... oh boy ..... It's addictive for SOME REASON ... >.<
    Reply to CAaronD
  42. Thaisnang said:
    Well I had to skip Dragon Age: Inquisition. Waiting for Telltales Game of Thrones now. Hope it'll be good.

I trust Telltale, and I think they'll make an amazing 'Game of Thrones' game. 'Tales from Borderlands' is out, if anyone is interested. Me? I'll wait till all the episodes are released.
    Reply to Gman450
  43. I have been playing Counter Strike: Global Offense. I like to play this game because of how strategy and team work is key to winning, and how competitive it can get at higher ranks.

There are no specific games I have been looking at right now. That's just because I haven't had any interest in any other game besides Counter Strike.:D
    Reply to Connor B
  44. Gman450 said:
    I never played FIFA consistently since FIFA 06. I've tried 07, 08, 10, 12 and 14. But I could never sit and play like I played 06. I simply play a few matches first and then get bored immediately..

I can relate to this, but it is with almost every sport game I have played.
    Reply to Connor B
  45. Does anyone know any good games which can be played with four players on one screen via split screen?
    Reply to RazerZ
  46. ^ console, right? Would be pretty crazy if it were PC xD Well, I only know some indie games for the PS2/Wii. Because I didn't own any consoles after that.
    Reply to CAaronD
  47. Nope, PC :ange:

I played COD at a friend's house last weeked on PS3. Can't believe how bad the graphics were and how much lag 4 player zombies had. I was hoping there was some sort of PC alternative. So far I've seen DIRT 3 can do multiplayer on split screen, but it's only two players.
    Reply to RazerZ
  48. Gang Beasts, Trine 1 and 2 and I think Borderlands can do local multiplayer on PC. At least those are the games that come to mind (though not sure on Borderlands).
    Reply to manofchalk
  49. RazerZ said:
    Nope, PC :ange:

I played COD at a friend's house last weeked on PS3. Can't believe how bad the graphics were and how much lag 4 player zombies had. I was hoping there was some sort of PC alternative. So far I've seen DIRT 3 can do multiplayer on split screen, but it's only two players.

'Nidhogg' comes to mind but its still 2 player. Don't look it up though
    Reply to chimera201
  50. Counter Strike: Global Offensive is the most recent game that I have been playing.
    Reply to Krizztech
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Games Video Games Video RPG Gaming