computer freezing while playing watch dogs, cpu problem?

ok, so I've been trying to play Watch Dogs for a few days now and the game keeps freezing up on me for up to 30seconds at a time, I thought my computer was at least semi-decent enough to run the game, I can play Wolfenstein the new order without any probs

CPU: i7 2600k @ 3.4GHz (overclocked to 4GHz)
Memory: 8Gb (can't remember speed etc)
Graphics: 1 - gtx 660 2GB (main Graphics
2 - gtx 460 1GB for PhysX)

noticed using task managed that the game is using about 2.5mil - 2.9mil K memory (Private)
5 answers Last reply
More about computer freezing playing watch dogs cpu problem
  1. Watch Dogs is having some technical issues right now. What settings do you play on?
  2. so far I've played with just about every setting possible including everything on low, still have the same problem
  3. SatansMinion said:
    so far I've played with just about every setting possible including everything on low, still have the same problem

If you are getting lots of stutters, and massive FPS drops, then you may want to wait for a patch. Make sure your drivers are updated.

One thing that confuses, me, is the GPU you are using. You say you have a 660 and a 460?
  4. yes, I'm using 2 graphics cards, one is dedicated to graphics, the other to PhysX, the gtx 660 will soon be changed to a gtx 780 which I have just bought, also upgrading my OS hdd to an SSD
  5. SatansMinion said:
    yes, I'm using 2 graphics cards, one is dedicated to graphics, the other to PhysX, the gtx 660 will soon be changed to a gtx 780 which I have just bought, also upgrading my OS hdd to an SSD

Tell me if you still get this issue when you have just a 780. You shouldn't need a second card for PhysX.
Ask a new question

Read More

Computers Games CPUs