Revival of the Intel OC club

HI Forum

Two of our newer members have approached me wondering about why the Intel Overclocking club has gotten so quiet lately. No disrespect meant to Amuffin, but he has been pretty preoccupied with school and such.

After some PM discussion I have come to agree with them that the club needs either new "management" or we need to start afresh.

In the true spirit of the forum I decided to make this discussion public and see what everyone thinks and what we should do to get this club going and even fun again instead of just posting numbers and then waiting for our names on a list.

So, what do you think?
Start over?
Take over thread from amuffin? Preferably with his blessing.
37 answers Last reply
More about revival intel club
  1. I say we start fresh :)
  2. I would love to hear from amuffin but he is apparently too overwhelmed but whenever he's ready I'm up to welcoming him back! That said, I really would appreciate it if a moderator would get in contact or make appropriate attempts to reach amuffin so that he knows when he comes back that we've done everything to keep him involved before reviving the club. That said, I don't think it's fair to make new and older members wait much longer. It would be ideal if before March hits that we have officially revived it either via amuffin's blessing to pass the torch to Novuake or someone like him who is most willing to take over or by a moderator's blessing who agrees that we've moved on with all due to respect to amuffin.
    Perhaps we can with a moderator's okay just nominate a new person like Novuake (I'm assuming he's up for it!) and if not him someone who is and just get back up and running so we "Enthusiasts" can continue to be encouraged for our enthusiasm in the Tom's community. My 2cents! I would love to hear from all members and particularly any mods who can shed light or provide a quick and easy solution to move this along asap!

Thanks,

Justin S.
  3. Hi guys.

I would like to know the opinion of amuffin over here, just to do the things in the right way.
  4. saint19 said:
    Hi guys.

I would like to know the opinion of amuffin over here, just to do the things in the right way.

I think we all agree on that at least. :)
  5. As a long term member of Toms I knew when the idea of having any kind of recorded club participation here, would be much more responsibility than first was taken into consideration, that there is much more involved than it just showing up!

It has to be edited, and updated, and is a constant responsibility, or turns out just like this has, too much to update and too little time to do it.

I am in no way dissing on Amuffin, I have the utmost respect for him as he has tried many things to make this forum a better place, he has guides out there he took his own time to put together, and he is not afraid to give of himself to help others.

The Intel overclocking club may just me more in the long run than he can handle with his other more important daily life obligations, as time tends to change things for all of us!

Before anyone else decides to take it over, (with Amuffins Blessings of course!), or start anew, you accepting the responsibility also need to fully understand the demand and dedication to keeping something like this constantly updated and going, it is much more responsibility and work, than you may be thinking, so fully understand that before you make any solid decisions.

And for the record, I would like to see the club continue and not loose the existing information and feedback, but additionally, I'm not doing it, as I just don't have the time to dedicate to it!

My Best to whoever does! Ryan
  6. Well said, got it 4Ryan6.

"Retired" kinda makes your opinion clear. :D

Not quite sure if I am willing myself. But we will probably get there at some stage.
  7. I would like to see the thread "taken over" from amuffin with his blessing. When I first started looking into OCing, this thread really helped give me a better understanding of what was possible and the limitations of certain CPUs (Ivy - Haswell temps anyone? ;) )

There is such a wealth of information, discussion and excellent examples in the thread already that it would be a shame to "loose" if we started anew.

I share everyone's respect and understanding towards amuffin's commitment and responsibilities elsewhere and was patiently hoping that the end of this semester would lead to a less burdensome schedule and allow him time to come back and tend the club thread. I would really like to hear from him to see what he would like done.

Just my two cents as an pending club member.
  8. Thanks Dom_79.

Appreciate the input.

Just for the record I would like this thread to simmer for a few days and see what people have to say, everyone needs to get a chance that are active enough and are willing to comment.
  9. Hi there everyone. I'm really new to Tom's and to overclocking in general. I've been browsing this website for quite a long time, including amuffins OC thread which I have found to be very useful as I get to grips with overclocking my i5 3570K. It would be a shame to let the club die, so I am all for it being revived either by him or by a suitable replacement. I look forward to posting here myself soon, once I've gotten to grips with how well my CPU behaves :)
  10. Welcome AdmiralDonut! I'm sure your sentiment is shared by many and we all want to encourage the healthy continued growth of this club! I think more voices for enthusiasm to get this up will help! Thanks for posting both here and on the original thread!
  11. Thank you for the warm welcome jnewegger23 :) I meant to say I was a new member of Tom's, and not that I am new to the site, lol. I've been a long time lurker and now that I have more experience and better hardware I thought it about time to join the fun myself.
  12. This overclockers club intrigues me. I may be interested in putting up some results in the future. I've got a Zalman S12X on it's way that I'd like to try. But I'm also thinking of water cooling my i7. I've never water cooled before so it would be something new. I guess I'll see how the Zalman goes, if it even fits, might have to get new ram, which wouldn't be a problem as my current rams already running a little over volt...
  13. It would be great to see a highly active Intel overclocking club.
  14. So the general consensus so far is take it over from Amuffin WITH his consent.

Now when last did someone see him? LOL
  15. It's been a couple weeks now and I was wondering if there were any new developments on the whole "contacting amuffin mission".
  16. Nope, not from my side, dead as a mouse.

Anyone agree that April is enough time?

EDIT :

Oh and been quiet, almost died. So my bad for not assking about that one sooner. :)
  17. Novuake said:
    Nope, not from my side, dead as a mouse.

Anyone agree that April is enough time?

EDIT :

Oh and been quiet, almost died. So my bad for not assking about that one sooner. :)

I think waiting until the end of the month would be fine (just not April 1st, don't wanna jinx anything, lol) I'm really looking forward to seeing some fresh posts, and maybe trying for higher overclocks of my own when I finally manage to get hold of a water cooler for mine :)
  18. Yes, I think waiting half of a year since his last Oct response is more than respectful. This is going to be fun! Looking forward to seeing what Tom's members can post!
  19. jnewegger23 said:
    Yes, I think waiting half of a year since his last Oct response is more than respectful. This is going to be fun! Looking forward to seeing what Tom's members can post!

Don't get to excited. :) Community response is not always the simplest thing to get going.
  20. He posted in This Thread 6 days ago!

I thought he was back?

Hate to say it but, if he is ignoring your PM requests, then do what you have to do, with Zero Regrets!

The reason for the concern in the first place was for the betterment of the forum!

I fully understand when something gets old, and overly repetitive to the point you get completely sick of doing it, that's why I gave up moderating, so amuffin may just not even want to continue keeping the thread updated and under those circumstances he should just pass the torch to someone that is interested.

However he needs to address this issue one way or the other?
  21. 4Ryan6 said:
    He posted in This Thread 6 days ago!

I thought he was back?

Hate to say it but, if he is ignoring your PM requests, then do what you have to do, with Zero Regrets!

The reason for the concern in the first place was for the betterment of the forum!

I fully understand when something gets old, and overly repetitive to the point you get completely sick of doing it, that's why I gave up moderating, so amuffin may just not even want to continue keeping the thread updated and under those circumstances he should just pass the torch to someone that is interested.

Thanks ! Just PMd him. Lets just see. :)
  22. Ah guys, I'm so sorry that I have not been updating the google doc. Would you guys like to have access to it? I can send you all that information. I have just been overwhelmed with school and family problems as well. How about a few of you PM me for google doc access?
  23. 4Ryan6 said:
    He posted in This Thread 6 days ago!

I thought he was back?

Ryan, would you be interested in helping out with the "revival" of the OC club? As in helping me update the google doc?
  24. Novuake said:
    So the general consensus so far is take it over from Amuffin WITH his consent.

Now when last did someone see him? LOL

Shhh I have been hiding with moto and lutfij ;)
  25. Hey amuffin! Glad to see you are ok.

So you are still good on managing the thread and just want some help?
  26. Stuff will be revived "hopefully" tomorrow! I will hopefully have help with some lovely forum members and get the updating working! :D
  27. amuffin said:
    Stuff will be revived "hopefully" tomorrow! I will hopefully have help with some lovely forum members and get the updating working! :D

Tell me if you need volunteers.

:)
  28. Novuake said:
    amuffin said:
    Stuff will be revived "hopefully" tomorrow! I will hopefully have help with some lovely forum members and get the updating working! :D

Tell me if you need volunteers.

:)

What do you think!? :ange:

People need to PM me their emails so I can share the doc!
  29. BTW Novuake your pm title sounded like a threat LOL!
  30. Done!

EDIT : My bad. "Last call." really that bad? LOL :lol:
  31. Novuake said:
    Done!

EDIT : My bad. "Last call." really that bad? LOL :lol:

I was scared for a second or two. :ouch:
  32. cyborgcity said:
    This overclockers club intrigues me. I may be interested in putting up some results in the future. I've got a Zalman S12X on it's way that I'd like to try. But I'm also thinking of water cooling my i7. I've never water cooled before so it would be something new. I guess I'll see how the Zalman goes, if it even fits, might have to get new ram, which wouldn't be a problem as my current rams already running a little over volt...

What you must first do....is read the watercooling sticky!
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/277130-29-read-first-watercooling-sticky
  33. amuffin said:

Common now? Pony avatar should incite laughter. Not fear. :P
  34. amuffin said:
    Ryan, would you be interested in helping out with the "revival" of the OC club? As in helping me update the google doc?

I've just got too much going on to undertake that right now amuffin, I'm truly sorry but for now, no. :(
  35. Novuake said:
    amuffin said:

Common now? Pony avatar should incite laughter. Not fear. :P

Yes I remember your avatar from about a year ago :ange:

Not a brony though...
  36. Novuake and I are aiming for this weekend for some updating :)
  37. Sounds great! I'm sure Novuake will be happy to support you if you need help! Glad to see you back!
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking Intel