Solved

Gaming Monitor help. Looking for 1440p etc.

So I've built my first computer and have done well so far. But I could definitely use a good monitor. I'm looking for a fairly high res one to do both desktop (Maya rendering work and digital Photoshop art) but also gaming.

Sounds like an odd dual-purpose but being my only computer I wanted it to be great. Thing is I have a GEForce 760. Just one. Would this be able to handle the job? Sorry for my noobly questions, but I sure have learned a lot from this build and it's gone perfect so far (except my short sidedness about the gpu ability). Would be awesome to hear suggestions for monitors. Have heard about overclocking certain Korean monitors. Wouldn't bother me any. But if a gpu can't handle it anyway, would be little point. Thanks in advance.
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gaming monitor 1440p
  1. The 760 will play most games on medium to high at 1440, and typically you would be happier upon initial purchase with a better gpu and a 1080p monitor. but seeing as you already have the gpu, the korean ones are actually pretty great. The qnix one is about the best bang for buch one, and typcally you can even pay a little more for a no pixel stuck garuntee.
  2. and there will be no reason to overclock the monitor with a 760, as it will be hard pressed to give you anything above 60 fps anyway at 1440p
  3. So would having two 760's fix any lag in performance? And can anyone recommend some of the korean ones if possible? Thanks for the responses by the way.
  4. The best is buy 2 monitor since u need one for color reproduction/accuracy (photoshop) that IPS monitor come in mind... and for gaming that high quality TN with 120hz and above if u can.....

IPS - good color reproduction/accuracy, viewing angle, bad for gaming (lag, ghosting..)
    TN - good for gaming, quick reponse, medicore good color reproduction/accuracy, bad viewing angle...

U cannot get both in one monitor (at now)....

If I'm gonna choose one, I go with IPS for work, the money i got from the work can be saved to buy another monitor later
  5. Best answer
    I recommended the qnix one in my previous post. Your best bet will be to go to amazon or something and find the monitors, then look for the best one based on review scores
  6. Brantyn Gerik said:
    and there will be no reason to overclock the monitor with a 760, as it will be hard pressed to give you anything above 60 fps anyway at 1440p

Real quick question. Would having another GPU solve the issue? Thanks so much for the help.
  7. Adding another gpu will be nice, but then you will run into a memory bottleneck (the 2gb doesnt stack into 4, and so you will be limited by that).
  8. Thank you all!
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Computers Monitors Graphics