How to boot a non bootable vista?

Xilefchin

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013
Hi i got a gateway lx6810-01 that just stop working after i deleted vlc media player, now it won't load windows at all. I have a laptop which is windows vista as well... what can i do to boot the desktop?

Xilefchin

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013
Thanks for the reply... Well it can go all the way after the microsoft windows with the progessing green bar where the windows logo is about to appear, it just stays black there withmy mouse pointer that i can move for about 5 seconds then no movement at all.

A Startup Repair may fix it, so boot from your System Repair Disc (you did make one i hope?) and choose "Startup Repair".

If you unwisely did not bother to make a System Repair Disc when your PC was working okay, see if a friend will make one for you on their Windows 7 computer.
Please note that 32-bit Windows repair disc and 64-bit Windows repair disc are not interchangeable.

Xilefchin

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013
Unfortunately i didn't make one,by the way it's a windows vista. I have a working windows vista laptop if i make one from it will it work on the desktop? I read some forum that it might not work due to hardware differences. Anyways how can i make a start up repair disc?

Also before the not booting process all happen i deleted a vlc media player because the video im playing i can hear the sound but the graphics/video is stuck on the first frame. So i thought by unistalling it and reinstalling it will solve the problem, while in the process of downloading the the vlc program my screen just freezes on me and nothing is happening even pressing the ctrl alt delete won't work. I cold restart it and it went to the black screen saying windowis cannot start properly and gave me a option to startup repair it but that process took about 10-15 minutes then it restarted by itself but it never go through up to the windows logo.

Plus before all that happen once in a while when i move the mouse from sleep mode the PSU fan will just rev up and everything will not work even i cold restart it, it will start the PSU's fan on high and nothing will happen on the screen just black. How i manage to make it work from that is only if i unplug theain power and try to power it on and the led will lit for 1-1 seconds then will die which means there total power out. Then i will plug the main power back and turn the pc on then it will start normally.

I hope the long story might help u guys figure something out. Thanks again for the reply. I willtry the startup disc repair if i can make one today. But pls if u have something else in mind i appreciate it if u can post it.