Solved

Monitor losing signal when gaming.

Just as the title says. I received a new computer from CyberPowerPC. Used HDMI cable to connect GPU to new Asus monitor. Download game. I start to play and 2 minutes in it crashes...I feel as though Ive tried everything. I've updated motherboard drivers/BIOS. I've messed around with the BIOS myself. I've updated Windows and changed power options. Uninstalled/reinstalled the card. Updated card drivers. Uninstalled card drivers. Tried different connectors for the GPU to monitor connection. All to no avail. I still try to play games and it crashes after a couple minutes. The monitor gives a "no signal" message, and I have to reboot the system to access the computer again.

Interesting thing is I can run the pc and play games (at very low quality) with my onboard graphics no problem.

If anyone has any suggestions I would be greatly appreciative!!

Specs are:

GPU: 7870 by Powercolor
PSU: Corsair CX 750
CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4ghz (not overclocked)
Motherboard: Gigabyte HD3
1 answer Last reply Best Answer
More about monitor losing signal gaming
  1. Best answer
    Try downloading msi afterburner and set a fan profile that at 50c fan running at max speed. Also take the side of the case off check for lose video card or ram or wire in the fans. Leave the side panel off to rule out heat issue. If the system drops out of game again, try Another gpu to run out a bad card. If it not a card issue it a power supply issue.
Ask a new question

Read More

Monitors Graphics