Sign in with
Your question

Power supply question to GTX Titan

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
11 March 2013 18:15:15

Will the Seasonic X-650 PSU be able to power the GTX Titan (1x)

The rest of the rig is:
Asus P8Z77-I motherboard.
Intel i7-3770K processor
H100i CPU cooler
Corsair Dominator RAM
Samsung 840Pro SSD (x2)
+ some extra fans.

No OC intended to begin with.

More about : power supply question gtx titan

a b ) Power supply
11 March 2013 18:21:56

Titan maxes out at 260W with stock clocks in furmark, so there would be plenty of power left for the rest of the rig. The psu actually has almost all of the watts available on the 12V rail, rated at 648W. o.0 nice!
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_T...
Related resources
11 March 2013 18:34:13

Thanks of the fast replies!
Great! So, should i stick with this one - or would you recommend finding a less powerfull one? I dont mind the price of this PSU.
So the main reasons for a downgrade would have to do with less heat and perhaps less noice.
a b ) Power supply
11 March 2013 18:44:44

barth-scout said:
Thanks of the fast replies!
Great! So, should i stick with this one - or would you recommend finding a less powerfull one? I dont mind the price of this PSU.
So the main reasons for a downgrade would have to do with less heat and perhaps less noice.

Don't skimp on your PSU. It is the heart and muscle behind your system. 650 watts would be my minimum recommended, keeping in mind that you won't be able to SLI anything in the future (not that you would need to with a TITAN!).
a b ) Power supply
11 March 2013 19:38:02

barth-scout said:

it would probably get louder. The cooling would be specced for a lower heat output and you would be running it closer to the max, so the fan would spin faster making it louder.
11 March 2013 19:44:52

Good point. Both of you :) 
Thanks alot!
Solved i guess ;)