AMD Overclocking Club - page 3

1679 answers Last reply
  1. Hi everyone.

I'm completely noob on overclocking but just built myself a new rig. And had off course try to unlock extra 4 core, with the asus core unlocker switch on the mobo. In bios it says it's a Deneb B50 (i think it was) with L3Cache. And it says 4 cores activated! when asus green screen shows. But when I try to boot up it freezez loading windows. Tried increase the voltages step by step cpu 1,4v - NB Cpu offset to 1,2v (From 1,3250v - 1,1v) but still the same freeze. Guess I was'nt that lucky after all. I even tried the manual core locking (locking core 4,5, and) in bios but still same freeze. It allmost feels like it is the automatic core unlocker switch that is making the comouter to freeze.

Anyway as I said i'm completely new to this oc'ing and this is the first time I'm doing it, so did an auto tuning with Asus TurboV Evo (the turbo key II switch on mobo is not on).

My setup is this:

Case: Antech Six Hundred (original fans + one extra 120mm input fan down in the front)
    Gpu: onboard HD4250 (saving up for a HD 6850)
    Psu: Chieftec Super Series 650W PSU 140mm fan (Modular)
    Cpu: AMD ATHLON II x450 3,2Ghz
    Name: matta85
    Stepping: C3 (Revision BL-C3)
    Frequency: 3,612 Ghz
    Ref*Multi: 233x15,5
    CPU voltage: 1.3250v ( 1,428v under load)
    CPU-NB: Auto
    NB Frequency: 2330,4
    NB volts: Auto
    RAM: Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHz 4GB CL9, Kit w/2x 2GB XMS3 modules, CL9-9-9-24 1T
    Motherboard: ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3
    Cooling: Air cooling / CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ (thermal paste that came with)

I'm reading up on how to overclock in BIOS but not shure yet since multiplier is locked I have to increase bus speed and that affects the memory aswell I've heard.
    First pic is prime95 stopped, second is running again to show frequences under load.

Please correct and advice me if something is wrong, need more info or have some tricks or tips for me!

Many thanks
    Reply to matta85
  2. Hi matta85 and welcome to Tom's forum.

Go to the BIOS and disable Cool'n'Quite and C1E after that try again the core unlock to stock speeds. Let me know if that works.
    Reply to saint19
  3. Since I auto tuned it I started changing the CPU Overclocking from manual back to auto, then I disabled Cool'n'Quite and then C1E, after that I changed Asus Core Unlocker to enabled and hit F10. Still freezez at the loading windows screen. Btw. It says AMD Phenom (tm) X4 B45, with Cache L3: 6MB in BIOS (not Deneb B50 as written earlier).

I saw this youtube movie (890FX mobo I think) where a guy used the core unlocker switch. He's boot up freezez the same place as mine. He restarts enter BIOS and changed boot settings to Device 1st SATA, 2nd CDROM, 3rd Removable device, tried that aswell didnt work. The guy on the movie also hit Load Setup Defaults before F10. I tried that yesterday after playing with voltages. Found out that was a bad idea since had some problems turning voltages back down afterwards.

Any other suggestions?
    Reply to matta85
  4. I also read somewhere people being able to ulock the L3 Cache but disable the core. Anyone know how to do this?
    Reply to matta85
  5. matta85 said:
    I also read somewhere people being able to ulock the L3 Cache but disable the core. Anyone know how to do this?

Where This is maybe what your bios looks like..

This is what mine looks like. You want the option that allows you to shut down either core 3 or core 2 individually to find out which might be bad. Might also be the very L3 we are trying to save that is bad.

g/l
    Reply to green300
  6. CPU: Phenom II x6 1055T
    Name: jimmyzline
    Stepping: E0
    Frequency: 3500
    ref*multi: 200*14
    CPU voltage: Auto
    nb frequency: 2000
    RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz DDR3 9-9-9-20-1T @ 1.50V
    Motherboard: MSI 790FX-GD70
    Cooling: Air cooling/Hyper 212+
    GFLOPS: 65.8994

Gonna try and up the voltage for stable 3.8ghz this weekend. Wish me luck!

Reply to jimmyzline
  7. Quote:
    cpu: PHENOM II X4 955 BE
    name: AMD655
    stepping: RB-C3
    frequency: 4000
    ref*multi: 200*20
    cpu voltage: 1.512
    nb frequency: 2400
    nb volts: 1.3
    ram: 6GB GEIL BLACK DRAGON DDR3 8-9-9-24-2T @1.6V
    motherboard: MSI 790FX-GD70
    cooling: AIR COOLING/ CM HYPER 212+ PUSH AND PULL
    gflops: 49.3011
    temperatures: 33c-57c

I will try to oc to 4.2ghz if possible

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/617/screen1d.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Nice! That mobo rocks!
    Reply to jimmyzline
  8. saint19 said:
    You forget the CPU-Z memory and board tab.

Do you want me to rerun with everything in one picture???
    Reply to miwanuma
  9. Quote:
    is ur 1055t a black edition?

Nope. The 1055T isn't available in the BE. I wish!
    Reply to jimmyzline
  10. Quote:
    fair one
    hey im at 4.1ghz! yay testing right now 5 mins have past without fail this could be stable

Nice job!!
    Reply to miwanuma
  11. overclocked stable at 3.8ghz on my Phenom II X4 965 BE!

temps are a bit high but i gotta adjust fans to lower em

CPU-Z validation
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1470688

Screenies
    http://img177.imageshack.us/f/81905899.jpg/

mainboard
    http://img695.imageshack.us/f/59708406.jpg/

memory
    http://img16.imageshack.us/f/95108710v.jpg/

will push higher after i adjust fans a bit
    Reply to jasonp12
  12. yo what were your temps like at 4ghz amd65? I gotta adjust my fan speeds but i was getting upto 58C at 3.8ghz on my 965
    Reply to jasonp12
  13. @All in the AMD Overclocking Club: The stability test screen picture must include all the programs required for the table.
    Reply to saint19
  14. @Jason 58 is not to high, but it is higher than AMD's recommended temps. You should stick to below 55 or 54. At 3.9 my temps were 50*C.
    Reply to aznshinobi
  15. yah i lowered my temps easily

its cuz in my bios my "max CPU temp" was set at 70C i lowered it to 60C

i now max out at 55C
    Reply to jasonp12
  16. i dont get it saint what am i missing?
    Reply to jasonp12
  17. saint19 said:
    @All in the AMD Overclocking Club: The stability test screen picture must include all the programs required for the table.

I am a little confused. I thought I had everything.
    Reply to jimmyzline
  18. same i got everything in mine its just 3 seperate screenies.....but they all in same post
    Reply to jasonp12
  19. I'm say it for miwanuma not for you both jimmyzline and jasonp12, you are ok and will be added to the table tomorrow (I'm a little tired)
    Reply to saint19
  20. saint19 said:
    I'm say it for miwanuma not for you both jimmyzline and jasonp12, you are ok and will be added to the table tomorrow (I'm a little tired)

Gotch. Thanks. g'nite.
    Reply to jimmyzline
  21. yah ima be pushing for 3.9-4ghz soon
    Reply to jasonp12
  22. Table updated. ;)
    Reply to saint19
  23. ohh for the chart

my cpu/nb and nb voltages are Auto

im on a Air Cooler Coolermaster Hyper 212+ in Push/Pull
    win 7 64bit
    Reply to jasonp12
  24. Thanks, table update (again :lol: )
    Reply to saint19
  25. overclocking at 3.9ghz right now 45minutes into LinX with no problems! ill post soon as its done
    Reply to jasonp12
  26. ohh and BTW i use a AMD 965BE not 955BE
    Reply to jasonp12
  27. stable at 3.9ghz!

CPU-Z validation
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1472258

http://img827.imageshack.us/f/cpuvz.jpg/

all other info same as before!
    Reply to jasonp12
  28. Ok, I will wait your OC update to update the table and the CPU.
    Reply to saint19
  29. Table update.
    Reply to saint19
  30. Firstly, how do I join this OC club?

Secondly, has anyone got a 555 to run above 4.0Ghz with air cooling???
    Reply to ahthurungnone
  31. Go to the 1st page, you can find the requirements for join to the club ;)
    Reply to saint19
  32. piranhamoose said:
    Buy.com has the AMD 1090T Phenom X6 for $227.00 with free shipping!!!!!! Ad started today (11/2 @ 10am)

http://www.buy.com/prod/amd-phenom-ii-x6-1090t-black-edition-thuban-3-2ghz-6-x-512kb-l2-cache/q/loc/101/215107936.html

got mine just last week from the egg for $26o :(

Spoke with a Newegg rep online today, and asked if would be possible to get a refund for the difference from the price I bought my 1090T, since 2 weeks after my purchase they dropped the price to $229. I was pleasantly surprised that the rep said YES! Newegg is the ***!!!!!
    Reply to piranhamoose
  33. How do I upload a screenshot of my overclock profile? Do I have to save it on a hosting site? If so, which one should I use?
    Reply to ahthurungnone
  34. ahthurungnone said:
    How do I upload a screenshot of my overclock profile? Do I have to save it on a hosting site? If so, which one should I use?

Yeah, you need use a hosting site like ImageShack or Photobucket, upload the pic in the site and post the forum link here. The 2nd one works better.
    Reply to saint19
  35. Saint here is the screenie with all information sorry

cpu: AMD 1055T
    name: miwanuma
    stepping: 0
    frequency: 4122
    ref*multi: 294*14
    cpu voltage: 1.52
    nb frequency: 2060
    nb volts: 1.3
    ram: 8gb Gskill ripjaws 9-9-9-24 2T @ 1.65v
    motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD
    cooling: Custom Liquid
    Temps: Idle29, Prime Load-49

Screenie

CPU-Z

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1467680
    Reply to miwanuma
  36. ^ n/j with the 14x !
    Reply to green300
  37. green300 said:
    ^ n/j with the 14x !

Thanks!! That max's out my CPU with the FSB overclocking, cant wait till Xmas as the wife is getting me a 1090BE should be fun to see what I can do with that :D
    Reply to miwanuma
  38. Here are my results overclocking a Phenom II 555 BE to 4.0Ghz. Hopefully you can view the attachment. Let me know if you can't.

http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab271/ahthurungnone/40GhzOverclockResults.jpg?t=1290365674
    Reply to ahthurungnone
  39. So, am I in the Club???
    Reply to ahthurungnone
  40. Cpu: 555
    Name: ahthurungnone (Pronounced: Author Unknown)
    Stepping: 3
    Frequency: 4000
    ref*multi: 200*20
    CPU voltage: 1.475
    nb frequency: 2000
    RAM: 4GB 1600Mhz DDR3 9-11-11-24 1T @ Auto V
    Motherboard: MIS 890FXA-GD70
    Cooling: Air cooling with Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme

http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab271/ahthurungnone/40GhzOverclockResults.jpg?t=1290365674
    Reply to ahthurungnone
  41. Reply to ahthurungnone
  42. wow edit your posts dude. Don't 5 post streak it.. You don't need to do that..
    Reply to aznshinobi
  43. ^lo very true agreed
    Reply to miwanuma
  44. Hello everyone. I'm new here, sorry I dont have my sig or info up but I just wanted to let you guys now I just put togther a Phenom 2 1055T x6 system and have overclocked it from 2.8 to 4.2 so far and it seems stable. Im afraid to go futher. I will let you guys know how much more I can go. I installed a Corsair H50 today and that has made the big difference. idle at 42c and load 52c.
    Reply to ashton
  45. Sorry. I just wanted to make sure I was accepted into the club and count get on Saint19's list.

Ashton, 4.2Ghz is amazing! Have you run Prime95 to ensure it's stable?
    Reply to ahthurungnone
  46. ahthurungnone said:
    Sorry. I just wanted to make sure I was accepted into the club and count get on Saint19's list.

Ashton, 4.2Ghz is amazing! Have you run Prime95 to ensure it's stable?

Not yet but I will tonight. I played some Modern Warfare 2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for 30 mins each and no problems. I set the profile in the bios and set everything back to default for now cuz I need to do some work. I've been outa the PC thing since 2007 so all it took me a bit to get familier with the new bios. OH I love the ability to save profiles with in the bios. Saves alot of headaches. These AMD x6 are simply amazing! Well I'll repost ASAP.

PS I entered my specs in my profile, I will post the results soon.

Peace
    Reply to ashton
  47. Ok guys:

@miwanuma and ahthurungnone: I will update the table tomorrow with your rigs, I'm a little tired now ;).
    Reply to saint19
  48. ashton said:
    Not yet but I will tonight. I played some Modern Warfare 2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for 30 mins each and no problems. I set the profile in the bios and set everything back to default for now cuz I need to do some work. I've been outa the PC thing since 2007 so all it took me a bit to get familier with the new bios. OH I love the ability to save profiles with in the bios. Saves alot of headaches. These AMD x6 are simply amazing! Well I'll repost ASAP.

PS I entered my specs in my profile, I will post the results soon.

Peace

Good luck with that test :)
    Reply to saint19
  49. Ok if I run a link to the club in my sig saint19 ?
    Reply to green300
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

AMD Overclocking Product